Your Top Countries with bad eBay experiences

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks to Damian, I can track him a bit now and guess what? He's a seller too and quite active... Oh, this is getting hot!

Will share now our "chat" in the case he opened against me on eBay for not receiving the second time:

mexican guy said:
Aug. 16
The buyer didn't receive the item
Buyer requested A refund
Comments: No article received Thanks
dantzig said:
Ok, now it's really fishy for me... You bought from me twice with a month difference, with different accounts (mexbuyer95 & ricma.16) but same paypal account, concerned with tracking and paying without it... If you didn't receive the first one, why did you buy more 35 days later with another account? Opening these two cases asking right away for refunds, instead of asking if I had more packets to compensate... It's clear to me what's happening, you're abusing eBay buyer protection and I want eBay to know about this too, so you've been reported.
mexican guy said:
Excuse me!? I know you're pissed about this situation as much as I am. I bought you with the second account because you were offering the packets at a lower price so i decided to buy them. Im free to buy whatever i want. I dont care about the report, im not doing anything that any buyer would do when them don't receive an ítem they have bought. Have.a nice day.
dantzig said:
Oh no, you're not pissed at all, that I know for a fact... Want me to dismantle all your bogus talk, just by your actions so far? Here we go:
- You bought first time at June 7th, under mexbuyer95 account;
- After 35 days, at July 12th, without even asking me for the whereabouts of the first one, you bought more with your second account, ricma.16... Now, there's NOT a single buyer who buys a second time without getting the first, unless he knows for sure he will either get the money or the items (or both)... Did you even talked with me about such delay? Warned me you didn't receive anything until then? 35 days is enough to send to Mexico, return to Portugal and back to Mexico again.
- Only after two months, you open a case and you want to be refunded... No asking first for whereabouts, if I really sent it or, most strange of all, not wanting more the packets... Forgot about them? Not interesting anymore?
- Then, one week later, comes the second case opened with your other account, probably thinking I wouldn't check the paypal address, since you used different addresses... Again, not wanting any packet compensation, just refund.
- Now, I have a very good record for people receiving what they buy from me... You can also see easily how my feedback is top notch, because I strive for it... So, losing once a letter is already strange but acceptable... But two in a row, to the same guy? Not even winning the lottery have such small chance... If it weren't for your actions, I might even believe you have there some thiefs in postal services, but no, with your behavior, I fully believe you're abusing eBay Buyer Protection.

So you see, ALL of your actions are the typical scammer... You can moan and shout innocence whatever you want, all your actions states the contrary... Shame you're dirting your hands for some meaningless dollars, but no worries, you'll probably keep them anyway and be happy with it... As for me, I'm more concerned in fighting back guys like you who take advantage of sellers situation.

For last, I can tell you what will NOT happen this time: you're getting refunded by me... Let eBay come and take it for you, because from me, you're getting nothing more than contempt.
Sorry for the last quote, but I had to.

Also, this is not to show off, it's really for all of you to see it's easy to spot a scammer just by his actions... Too bad I wasn't aware at the time and was really naive (and basically lost some money, fortunately not such big deal), but that won't stop me to fight against these guys who take advantage of the super buyer protection that eBay provides.

Thanks to Damian, I can track him a bit now and guess what? He's a seller too and quite active... Oh, this is getting hot!

Will share now our "chat" in the case he opened against me on eBay for not receiving the second time:

Please post this on that page i link to you he is gonna be banned this kind of things have to stop in America waiting for Your post

Sorry for the last quote, but I had to.

Also, this is not to show off, it's really for all of you to see it's easy to spot a scammer just by his actions... Too bad I wasn't aware at the time and was really naive (and basically lost some money, fortunately not such big deal), but that won't stop me to fight against these guys who take advantage of the super buyer protection that eBay provides.
Please post this on that page i link to you he is gonna be banned this kind of things have to stop in America waiting for Your post

Ceesmk

As for me, I never have any problems on ebay and I bought from all the parts of the world (Europe, North and South America, Morocco, China, Australia), except one guy from Portugal 5 years ago. He was selling lots of albums from foreign leagues with cheap price, but I received nothing. 2 months later, he was back with new albums and new account. I realized when he gave me his Paypal account. There was a problem with an Italian too; he sold Mexico 70 stickers but when I received the stickers it was very easy to recognize copies; he paid back quickly and was not surprised that I discovered what he did...

The only problems are with customs; they damaged an empty album from Canada (I collect the NHL albums) in Paris-Roissy airport. They opened the letter, and completly bent the album when they put here in the envelope.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just wanted to give a quick update about the situation I wrote in the beginning: after the some more messages exchanged with the mexican (nothing relevant) and him escalating the case to eBay decide which one was right, eBay actually ruled out in my favour, the seller... First time I ever saw eBay decide in seller's favour without a proof of postage and they actually closed the mexican second account... What were the criteria for deciding in my favour, I don't know, maybe just the second account, my messages telling why I thought we were facing a scammer, my report about him, other situations only eBay knows, such as many cases opened by the buyer... Whatever, for me it's good enough to be acknowledged by eBay.

Still, Mexico is out for me... Mexican buyer still claimed he didn't receive any of the letters and even if it's true, Mexico is liability for me and I won't even dare to send registered... Hopefully all of you reading this have better experiences with Mexico.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Getting fed up with South America... Now a joslu-rivas, from Peru, claiming he didn't receive what I sent... And his feedback left to sellers is full of negatives.

When I have time, I'll change my shipping policy to tracked only for South America... And still thinking if I should rule out all South America.

@Sergio Z careful with this guy there: José Abanto, from Lima.

Sergio Z

Contributor
@dantzig Ok, I'll take note. Thank you :)
I don't know that guy, but I'm pretty sure there's too many people like him around there. If you want, feel free to PM me for recommendations. :D

I would recommend to get into Facebook groups, too. There, you can find more details about people who are in the business. Those who've got nothing to hide (profile pictures with real photos of themselves) are the reliable ones. That's my advice.

Some friends in Europe have claimed that South American postage is terrible (both in terms of shipping time and condition of items). Maybe I'm too lucky, but I've never had problems with shipments (at least as far as I know). I always tell my friends to let me know if everything goes fine or doesn't.

I've swapped with people from Mexico around 3 or 4 times (twice to the same person), and everything went fine.
Almost all of my shipments were swaps, I've only made one sell to a guy from Costa Rica, and I had no problems at all. It's not because I don't like selling, but I prefer to swap :p

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig Ok, I'll take note. Thank you :)
I don't know that guy, but I'm pretty sure there's too many people like him around there. If you want, feel free to PM me for recommendations. :D

I would recommend to get into Facebook groups, too. There, you can find more details about people who are in the business. Those who've got nothing to hide (profile pictures with real photos of themselves) are the reliable ones. That's my advice.

Some friends in Europe have claimed that South American postage is terrible (both in terms of shipping time and condition of items). Maybe I'm too lucky, but I've never had problems with shipments (at least as far as I know). I always tell my friends to let me know if everything goes fine or doesn't.

I've swapped with people from Mexico around 3 or 4 times (twice to the same person), and everything went fine.
Almost all of my shipments were swaps, I've only made one sell to a guy from Costa Rica, and I had no problems at all. It's not because I don't like selling, but I prefer to swap :p
Yes, I'm also in some facebook groups, usually there it works well because group rules are already established to avoid scammers the best they can.

Problem is always selling on eBay to strangers and these past months, it's been hell from american continent (except USA and Canada)... I know very well the latin mentality (I'm in a country with the same mentality) and there's too many people who take advantage of every situation they can, even if it brings loss to others... Fortunately, it's always low value stuff (or I would send registered), but so many from the same region ruins the confidence to send something there.

I'll probably restrict sales on eBay to Europe, with US, Canada, Australia and Japan included... Only tracked postage to South/Central America is a possibility, but a bit troublesome for low value items, so for now I'll avoid it... Probably lose some future sales, but hopefully avoid many cases too.

It's sad, I tell you... There's so many good people from South America, many here helping others and I bump into idiots :(

CSKA Sofia Forever

Well, my experience is that quality (of products, services, etc.) is somehow correlated with prices. If all sellers from country X have shipment costs around Y and someone else offers shipment costs lower than Y/2, it starts looking suspicious to me. Same story with price of albums/stickers/cards. Whenever possible, I pay for registered delivery, and I always send registered myself.

My worst experience was with Belgium - a guy with seemingly decent reputation on ebay sent me used Panini 70 stickers that were sold to me as "unused, mint". I was "young and green" then, so I sent him back the stickers by regular mail. The guy said he never received anything and asked for the tracking number. I still do not know if the Belgian postal service is the one to blame or the guy himself.

So far I had only one problematic case with South America. It was a Colombian album I received in a quite damaged state. I guess it was destroyed during a security check at the Colombian customs (signs of knife work), and the problem had nothing to do with the Colombian postal service. Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela - so far excellent. Europe, especially EU are little problematic if problematic at all. US and Canada, too. I do not have experience with Mexico.

Sending items has also been flawless so far, and I have experience with "usual suspects" like Russia, South American countries, South Africa, etc., as well as countries like Qatar and Tunisia. My advice - send registered all the time, so that you can track. Make pictures of the letter/parcel you send, just in case. And when you send something really valuable, send it "insured" (I do not know if the post in every country offers that) - if it gets lost, you get reimbursement by the post and out of that you can pay back the buyer.

Helios

Contributor
@CSKA Sofia Forever: You are totally right , but you leave out one important point:
The possibility to send unregistered for very low price in comparison makes products more interesting.
I don't think postal services treat registered sending different, but bad people either working for postal service or receivers trying to take advantage spoil this service.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, my experience is that quality (of products, services, etc.) is somehow correlated with prices. If all sellers from country X have shipment costs around Y and someone else offers shipment costs lower than Y/2, it starts looking suspicious to me. Same story with price of albums/stickers/cards. Whenever possible, I pay for registered delivery, and I always send registered myself.

My worst experience was with Belgium - a guy with seemingly decent reputation on ebay sent me used Panini 70 stickers that were sold to me as "unused, mint". I was "young and green" then, so I sent him back the stickers by regular mail. The guy said he never received anything and asked for the tracking number. I still do not know if the Belgian postal service is the one to blame or the guy himself.

So far I had only one problematic case with South America. It was a Colombian album I received in a quite damaged state. I guess it was destroyed during a security check at the Colombian customs (signs of knife work), and the problem had nothing to do with the Colombian postal service. Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela - so far excellent. Europe, especially EU are little problematic if problematic at all. US and Canada, too. I do not have experience with Mexico.

Sending items has also been flawless so far, and I have experience with "usual suspects" like Russia, South American countries, South Africa, etc., as well as countries like Qatar and Tunisia. My advice - send registered all the time, so that you can track. Make pictures of the letter/parcel you send, just in case. And when you send something really valuable, send it "insured" (I do not know if the post in every country offers that) - if it gets lost, you get reimbursement by the post and out of that you can pay back the buyer.
As I wrote, my problem is just selling on eBay with low value items and like Helios wrote, people will never pay registered (minimum price is 3.20€ for international destination), unless it's a damn good item for such low value... Usually items costing 10 or more euros, I send registered, sometimes at my own expenses (I usually offer the same standard shipping, no matter how many cards someone buy from me)... And I don't doubt that people sending from South America, Asia or any of those "sensible" locations, do a good job too, but when it's too receive, that is another story for me.

Even now, another buyer claiming not receiving what I sent, this time from Bosnia... Unlike the peruvian, this seems a genuine good buyer, all positive feedbacks given to sellers and his communication is polite... Also, can't remember any serious problems with balkan countries, so no need to block Bosnia or others... But with south american countries and Mexico, it's too many problems for me.

Helios

Contributor
@dantzig : I have had problems before with "Balkan" and eastern Europe countries.
Just lately a swap partner from Serbia asked for registered sending when swapping 70 stickers- which is an amount I normally would go for unregistered sending to middle Europe ( @Jimmy1975: those were all stickers from new series not from rare old ones..sorry, bro ;-) I really feel with you being scammed by this Napoli guy, but it was a BIG mistake to send those old stickers to a swap beginner from Camorra land)
That's why I'm still not feeling to comfortable to send unregistered in these regions..

Baul de Futbol

Well, I'm from Chile, and I always ask for registered and send registered, no matter if it's a product of high or low cost. Buying I just had one horrible experience, but was buying some kvult grim cold CDs from an US American (but I really thing was a Mexican or a chicano). The stuff never arrives, I ask for it, and he says the product was returned because nobody receive it. Well, that might happen, specially beause chilean post service is like a roulette: sometimes is awesome and sometimes is the shittiest shit on earth. So with total good bives I pay again the sending, and the the guy just stop replying the mails, close his ebay account, and well, I never receive anything. In another ocassion the same thing happens with a french guy, but the guy send it again, this time with reg number, and I receive it. Sometimes I think that chilean postal service just let lie the unregistered mail in a corner, just dont deliver it, and then they send it back. I dont know.
Just one time I was kind of rip off here and was that famous serbian guy, and of course I send registered, and the sending price was very high. never ever ever again to Serbia (or not without very good recomendations) haha. Well, shit happens.
I pretty understand people who dont want to trade with southamerica. There are scammers indeed. But there's cool people too, haha.

Cheers!

Manfred

Here is a warning for Sportarena from Greece. They sell Panini items, but sometimes they forget to pack one item. With me they forgot to include a starter. They have a policy of never answer to complaints. Also they send everything just in a plastic bag! A guarantee to receive the items damaged, which indeed happened. :(

G

Garuda

There are just two countries in Europe where i had regular trouble within the last years:

Nederland = the kingdom of reproductions (specially Mexico 70)

Austria = the kingdom of bigheaded people

Never had any problems with Russia, Asia or Middle / South America. USA once in Austrian style but that was neglectable.

Algeria might be hard to handle sometimes but we still work on.. ;-)

Always important to got serious regular contacts preferably on all continents, as Sergio wrote above.

Kacper13

Anyone have ever any experience with Russian Post? I have order first time from CardPlace and I was shocked. Very cheap shippment, fast within 6 days (inside weekend), album and stickers protected by hard cardboard and bubble foil! Impossible. I recommend this seller. He is trusted person in my opinion, and he protect items much well.

About Poland Post, they like delivery (sometimes) mainly letters cutted and with stamp ,,The parcel has arrived from abroad in a damaged condition'' I thought it's their job It's not my first time, but always letters are protected much well. Few times, postman doesn't want to give me letter (300g) to my house, and he give me a document, which with I need to go Post Office.