What's wrong with Topps?

adnan

Looks like they have finally fixed the issues with the website. Single card/stickers page is fully functioning.

Guess the new monkeys they hired were up to the job.
Any chance of ordering missing cards for Match Attax Premier League 2015/2016 collection? I was looking at it before this website 'refresh', but never ordered them. Now I don't see older collections anymore.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Any chance of ordering missing cards for Match Attax Premier League 2015/2016 collection? I was looking at it before this website 'refresh', but never ordered them. Now I don't see older collections anymore.
I suppose they should add again the oldest collections, but not even them know when.

We're already in June and still no missing cards service for Champions League... But adding new and expensive things is done right away! Their priorities are amazing, Topps has managed to break their record for not helping their customers in a certain collection, with around 8 months since it was released in Europe.

Hopefully, now that Topps will not have Premier League anymore, they will release CL in UK at the same time as others, which means missing cards service will be added earlier... But considering all their troubles with the website, we can't even be sure of that.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hurray, finally CL MA single cards are available to order! Looks all good, let's go!

* adds 5 GM/PM/SK cards to cart *
* adds 4 MotM/MS/HTH to cart *
* adds 1 100 Club XI to cart *

ok, looks fine in the cart... let's pay, how much is it? £4.98 with taxes? Ok, checks out, no strange increase this time!

Now shipping... £4.20 for just 10 cards?!?! Are you kidding me, around 5€?!?! It's just 10 cards, not a full box!!! :mad:

Just to test, I tried also 4 sets of On Demand cards... It's 20 cards and postage is not over 2.70... But if I order 10 single cards, I have to pay 4.20?! What gives?!

This is surreal! i just can't believe there's someone lucid running that website! Grab the loose monkey there and place a proper person running that website!

Later when germans have also the single cards available, I'll check if this madness is just in England or has spread to Germany too... So far, adding 10 random Bundesliga cards there gave me just 2.20€, which is quite acceptable.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ahah, those germans know some comedy too... Shipping is indeed cheaper, but charge way more for Holo Foil + 100 Club cards (60p/0.70€ in UK, 1€ in Germany). SK/GM/PM is almost the same (40p vs 50c)

So let me see... I save around almost 3€ in shipping in Germany, but pay more 1.5€... Wow, I can save 1€+ more on Topps Germany! Thank you Topps :p

LFC1892

Contributor
Ahah, those germans know some comedy too... Shipping is indeed cheaper, but charge way more for Holo Foil + 100 Club cards (60p/0.70€ in UK, 1€ in Germany). SK/GM/PM is almost the same (40p vs 50c)

So let me see... I save around almost 3€ in shipping in Germany, but pay more 1.5€... Wow, I can save 1€+ more on Topps Germany! Thank you Topps :p
Are you surprised at this mess? One day the cards & stickers section is visible, next day it's not there. Morons.

gaspy

I just placed an order to Topps for some missing stickers of UCL 2017/18 & 2018/19.
I was not certain about ordering from Italy, but have been pleasantly surpised for once :p

And now the big question: why Panini cannot follow this policy and make collectors ordering from whichever country to whichever country Panini online shop?
I know, the questions is about rights and blah, blah, blah, but the always criticized Topps shouldn't have the same restrictions?
Why Topps policy is so open to 'foreign' orders?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I just placed an order to Topps for some missing stickers of UCL 2017/18 & 2018/19.
I was not certain about ordering from Italy, but have been pleasantly surpised for once :p

And now the big question: why Panini cannot follow this policy and make collectors ordering from whichever country to whichever country Panini online shop?
I know, the questions is about rights and blah, blah, blah, but the always criticized Topps shouldn't have the same restrictions?
Why Topps policy is so open to 'foreign' orders?
Best thing about them is being quick to send. They do make mistakes like Panini, have a friend who had to request 3 times some cards because they kept sending the same wrong cards (Even though the paper invoice itself had the numbers!).

Panini now also sends mostly worldwide, with Panini website international. Not sure why the restrictions on their websites though, they are all sent from same places... Perhaps due to customer service?

gaspy

Things are going better in the last times with Panini.
As you mentioned we can now buy also some of the collections that are not available in some countries, but still we had no chance to buy, for example, FIFA 365 Adrenalyn update set, or the England Team update set of WWC 2019.
We cannot buy stuff from Panini Brazil, or NBA stickers/cards from Panini USA.
Nearly all the collections are printed in Italy, but I can't spend my money.
This is frustrating :(

So at least Topps is better in letting its customers buy whichever product from whichever country all over the world ;)

LFC1892

Contributor
Any of you getting tax added to the order and ridiculous amount of postage like 20-30 quid? Wow f*** off topps.

byoplayer

Things are going better in the last times with Panini.
As you mentioned we can now buy also some of the collections that are not available in some countries, but still we had no chance to buy, for example, FIFA 365 Adrenalyn update set, or the England Team update set of WWC 2019.
We cannot buy stuff from Panini Brazil, or NBA stickers/cards from Panini USA.
Nearly all the collections are printed in Italy, but I can't spend my money.
This is frustrating :(

So at least Topps is better in letting its customers buy whichever product from whichever country all over the world ;)
If you contact directly Panini they may put available the stickers that you want on internationa lstore. They do that to me with Calciatori

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Reviving this thread just to say that Topps spanish website is messed up (similar problems to UK website in the past).

Match Attax links are broken, you can only access MA products either searching or selecting Futbol section. Also missing there the Strikers megatin.

Tried to recover my password (hating now how they want a character for every different type, making it hard to remember), no mail received. Tried six times.

Without access to my account, I can't even see if there's any development in the purchase I've made two weeks ago. Ordered with a wrong city and country, which I tried to let Topps know immediately after the purchase, before they even send... Yeah right, no bother, they marked as sent immediately, but assured me later that it would be sent to the correct address. My fault, I accept delays, but want to know what's the status of my order, which I can't because Topps won't send me the recover email.

So yeah, basically Topps still screwing up big time. But they keep adding products as usual, very easy to sell but not to fix problems.