What's wrong with Topps?

LFC1892

Contributor
Click "Add to basket" in the end, old man :p

Today there was more to complain. Since whenever I logged into my account, Topps added extra £10 plus stupid postage, I decided to buy without account, using Paypal Express... and it didn't work too, right in the last step to pay, Topps say I don't have a valid email (which is never requested in any step!)... This website is more broken than Notre Dame rooftop :p

However, I remembered that I had a second account... and voilá, this time it worked perfectly!

Thank you Topps:
  • for adding some buggy fee in the checkout of my main account.
  • for be able to order in just one of three ways that should work!
  • for those missing sticker tables, it's one of the dumbest ideas ever, so stupid to constantly go up and down to change tabs and selecting stickers!
  • for rising again shipping price, you had wonderful affordable prices, now it's the same as Panini... there goes one of the few points you were better.
  • for your amazing promos that no one cares, because they are not amazing after all.
Sticker prices are still good though, 10p each is very nice... It can't be all bad! :p
I did "add to basket" step, nothing happens. Still says empty cart. The site has gotten worse than before.
Glad you finally did your order and checked out. What a shambles.

Safariman

I have a bit of stock left for MA PL 18/19 and Extra if anybody wants it for less the Topps Individual Service prices message me

Phild

Put an order in to Topps for 3 of each of the first Living Set cards, no idea why as I no longer sell cards and they are of no interest to me so cannot explain why I brought them !!

Now bearing in mind these are standard size trade cards and I ordered 9. Yesterday I received an A4 size envelope from Topps inside a clear plastic Royal Mail bag apologising for it reaching me in this condition. I have not yet opened the clear bag as I have no need as I can feel and see that the Topps envelope is empty, now I know things get damaged in the post and on occasion things get stolen but what i'm most curious about is what the hell did they send that needs an A4 envelope ???

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Put an order in to Topps for 3 of each of the first Living Set cards, no idea why as I no longer sell cards and they are of no interest to me so cannot explain why I brought them !!

Now bearing in mind these are standard size trade cards and I ordered 9. Yesterday I received an A4 size envelope from Topps inside a clear plastic Royal Mail bag apologising for it reaching me in this condition. I have not yet opened the clear bag as I have no need as I can feel and see that the Topps envelope is empty, now I know things get damaged in the post and on occasion things get stolen but what i'm most curious about is what the hell did they send that needs an A4 envelope ???
They ran out of standard envelopes? :p

Better ask them when you complain for missing cards, never saw anyone getting an A4 envelope for just 9 standard cards.

So Topps continues to milk off everything they can now... Topps Crystal is the next move:

£30 for a box of 30 cards with Ronaldo and Messi + new cards from the winning team... At least one month after the final to receive them.

And if you're lucky, you get one of those signed cards, 1 in every 25 boxes... Aren't we lucky for such bargain? :rolleyes:

LFC1892

Contributor
Looks like they have finally fixed the issues with the website. Single card/stickers page is fully functioning.

Guess the new monkeys they hired were up to the job.

adnan

Looks like they have finally fixed the issues with the website. Single card/stickers page is fully functioning.

Guess the new monkeys they hired were up to the job.
Any chance of ordering missing cards for Match Attax Premier League 2015/2016 collection? I was looking at it before this website 'refresh', but never ordered them. Now I don't see older collections anymore.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Any chance of ordering missing cards for Match Attax Premier League 2015/2016 collection? I was looking at it before this website 'refresh', but never ordered them. Now I don't see older collections anymore.
I suppose they should add again the oldest collections, but not even them know when.

We're already in June and still no missing cards service for Champions League... But adding new and expensive things is done right away! Their priorities are amazing, Topps has managed to break their record for not helping their customers in a certain collection, with around 8 months since it was released in Europe.

Hopefully, now that Topps will not have Premier League anymore, they will release CL in UK at the same time as others, which means missing cards service will be added earlier... But considering all their troubles with the website, we can't even be sure of that.

AndyR

its looking increasingly likely there still going to attempt to compete with Panini via the backdoor with a match attax collection next season without branding... not even their employees know what the cards are like or no any info to provide to collectors (no change there) and yet they are being told to tell people that its going to be an exciting set apparently as they have inserted an offer to buy next years starter pack for £3.50 (£1 + £2.50 p&p) in every pack of the 101 collection.

Clarity from them... of course not!!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hurray, finally CL MA single cards are available to order! Looks all good, let's go!

* adds 5 GM/PM/SK cards to cart *
* adds 4 MotM/MS/HTH to cart *
* adds 1 100 Club XI to cart *

ok, looks fine in the cart... let's pay, how much is it? £4.98 with taxes? Ok, checks out, no strange increase this time!

Now shipping... £4.20 for just 10 cards?!?! Are you kidding me, around 5€?!?! It's just 10 cards, not a full box!!! :mad:

Just to test, I tried also 4 sets of On Demand cards... It's 20 cards and postage is not over 2.70... But if I order 10 single cards, I have to pay 4.20?! What gives?!

This is surreal! i just can't believe there's someone lucid running that website! Grab the loose monkey there and place a proper person running that website!

Later when germans have also the single cards available, I'll check if this madness is just in England or has spread to Germany too... So far, adding 10 random Bundesliga cards there gave me just 2.20€, which is quite acceptable.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ahah, those germans know some comedy too... Shipping is indeed cheaper, but charge way more for Holo Foil + 100 Club cards (60p/0.70€ in UK, 1€ in Germany). SK/GM/PM is almost the same (40p vs 50c)

So let me see... I save around almost 3€ in shipping in Germany, but pay more 1.5€... Wow, I can save 1€+ more on Topps Germany! Thank you Topps :p

LFC1892

Contributor
Ahah, those germans know some comedy too... Shipping is indeed cheaper, but charge way more for Holo Foil + 100 Club cards (60p/0.70€ in UK, 1€ in Germany). SK/GM/PM is almost the same (40p vs 50c)

So let me see... I save around almost 3€ in shipping in Germany, but pay more 1.5€... Wow, I can save 1€+ more on Topps Germany! Thank you Topps :p
Are you surprised at this mess? One day the cards & stickers section is visible, next day it's not there. Morons.