Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I hope for cards and stickers

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I wonder if Panini will compliment their Copa America 2019 album, with a UEFA Nations Cup finals sticker album featuring the semi finalists and selected players from Group A teams who have either remained in the A tier or have been promoted?
That would be great, but if Panini goes for it (or even Topps, remember they have UEFA CL rights!), I suppose they will include Germany because well, they don't want to leave out one of their main market... I would be happy if they could do something like an album film, with players of course, but then best moments, goalscorers, upcoming/promising teams (like the ones promoted from B to A), even something from Euro 2020.

But as usual, ideas we all have them, but licensing is what always screws most of them :(

Ceesmk

If Panini proposed an album of "Nations League", they could mix it with "Road to Euro 2020", with special pages for the last 4 teams of A-League.
But don't forget that there will be the album of Women WC, and in some countries the "Copa America" too. 3 albums in the same time (and why not Africa Cup?)...maybe too much!

beto18

If Panini proposed an album of "Nations League", they could mix it with "Road to Euro 2020", with special pages for the last 4 teams of A-League.
But don't forget that there will be the album of Women WC, and in some countries the "Copa America" too. 3 albums in the same time (and why not Africa Cup?)...maybe too much!
But before all the tournaments that you mentioned, first the Asia Cup 2019 (in the month of January) will be played and why not the first album of the Asia Cup???

Hoddle01

I guess at the end of the day it will depend on demand. At the moment, an album of England, Portugal and Switzerland doesn't look that appealing to neutrals. Still, as it's a new tournament that UEFA will want to promote heavily, they may be able to strike up a deal that suits both UEFA and Panini.

Helios

Contributor
I guess at the end of the day it will depend on demand. At the moment, an album of England, Portugal and Switzerland doesn't look that appealing to neutrals. Still, as it's a new tournament that UEFA will want to promote heavily, they may be able to strike up a deal that suits both UEFA and Panini.
Right - it has to be an album including all nations to a more or less content.
The die hard collectors would love to have some very small nations represented by badge an team foto (Kosovo/Faroe Islands/Gibraltar/Liechtenstein/san Marino etc..)
But Kidz probably are only interested in the starz of the BIG nations..:rolleyes:
It is a very difficult task to find a market for the product - the final four alone is not enough to attract buyers and even less to do justice to the format of the tournament.

CSKA Sofia Forever

I think Panini will not release an album for the Nations League, which is sad, of course.

Many reasons: too many other tournaments they are planning to release an album for, too unattractive (in terms of profit) teams in the Final Four tournaments in each League (apart from Switzerland and England, but... getting the FA license is a nightmare they are perfectly aware of), CR7 boycotting the tournament (no super duper major star), etc.

One other thing: some of the 16 teams that won their groups will not take part in the Final Four tournaments in case they qualify for Euro 2020 in 2019. This means that the eventual Final Four teams will be known just in November 2019 when Euro 2020 qualifiers end. And the final list will be most probably even more unattractive...

I hope they surprise me and release an album at the end, but to be honest, the only realistic expectation is to have a short section in the Road to Euro 2020 album because 4 of the qualified teams will come from the Nations League anyways.

Last edited:

byoplayer

They have women's world cup this year, probably road to euro (based on Nations League? or with most of all the great teams of Europe). They will not make another album separately for this tournament. That is my believe. If they were interested, they had already put it on the market