UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 23/24

ellisdee

A bit premature this, but I noticed a tweet from ToppsUK for next seasons collection, and they are
going to put another section in with the best players in the Champions League. (voteforthegoat)

You can go to their website and vote for your best players, and hopefully they will be included in the
collection when it (according to Topps) will be released in November. Hopefully this season coming, all
the teams will be featured in the album, and not just the favourite few ;)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A bit premature this, but I noticed a tweet from ToppsUK for next seasons collection, and they are
going to put another section in with the best players in the Champions League. (voteforthegoat)

You can go to their website and vote for your best players, and hopefully they will be included in the
collection when it (according to Topps) will be released in November. Hopefully this season coming, all
the teams will be featured in the album, and not just the favourite few ;)
Premature or not, it's a start for the new season ;)

Since this season we get back to normal, Topps can release on November, still during the group stage. This also means a return to 2021/22, their best album by far and hopefully with Napoli included again :p

Detective

Maybe it’s a bit early but is always better to ask..
Does anyone know some info? Date of release, news inside, rumors about date and news? Could be nostalgic if ucl album were to be release again in October just like when was Panini to make it.

daser78

I am not so hyped with this collection. Since Topps didn't let me buy live stickers and missings, they took my will to try the 2023/24 album... Also, the downgrade with no Napoli stickers, not updated squads and alfabethical sorted teams and not by groups makes me rethink where to place my money...

ellisdee

I am not so hyped with this collection. Since Topps didn't let me buy live stickers and missings, they took my will to try the 2023/24 album... Also, the downgrade with no Napoli stickers, not updated squads and alfabethical sorted teams and not by groups makes me rethink where to place my money...
I was down to 2 left to get, but I used a couple of doubles to fill it up in the end. From what danzig said, the album will go back to what it was the year before last, so if that happens I might be tempted to do it again. I know there will be a section for the old great CL players, whether that will replace the missing Napoli section I don't know.

Like you I couldn't pay online for the missing ones either, so this may play a big part in whether this will be the only collection I do this year.

Detective

I don’t think that Napoli will miss in the stickers collection. Last year Topps was confident to obtain rights, considering how much time is passed, they have had enough time to deal with Aurelio De Laurentis (Napoli Patron)

I hope the date of release is October because for me it is a tradition that began with Panini

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I was down to 2 left to get, but I used a couple of doubles to fill it up in the end. From what danzig said, the album will go back to what it was the year before last, so if that happens I might be tempted to do it again. I know there will be a section for the old great CL players, whether that will replace the missing Napoli section I don't know.

Like you I couldn't pay online for the missing ones either, so this may play a big part in whether this will be the only collection I do this year.
I can't guarantee that everything will go back to normal, but without the world cup messing up the calendar for european football, Topps just has to create another great sticker album like two seasons ago.

byoplayer

I don’t think that Napoli will miss in the stickers collection. Last year Topps was confident to obtain rights, considering how much time is passed, they have had enough time to deal with Aurelio De Laurentis (Napoli Patron)

I hope the date of release is October because for me it is a tradition that began with Panini
Let's hope so, but I'm not so confident. ADL requested a lot of money for the rights. Yet, you are right. A lot of times has passed. They should have done things correctly

Detective

The hope is to no longer see dreadful photomontages or photomontages with drawn shirts (Porto last year). I hope they had time to get official photos..
However, if I remember correctly, news/proofs of the cover and sleeve artwork were already circulating in September

edit: as previously supposed, the sticker collection will be released in November. This is confirmed by Topps.com's thank you message after voting for the Goat role by role.

Attachments

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I may have some good news for all of us... as @Detective wrote, the collection will be out early November (around Nov 6th).

Also, it seems it'll be back to two seasons ago, meaning we'll have again all 32 teams with personalized pages, to collect right away... so to be even more clear, Napoli problem seems to have been solved and no more update sets for playoff teams (plus they'll have also personalized pages like the other 26).

Jamiepr74

Patron
I may have some good news for all of us... as @Detective wrote, the collection will be out early November (around Nov 6th).

Also, it seems it'll be back to two seasons ago, meaning we'll have again all 32 teams with personalized pages, to collect right away... so to be even more clear, Napoli problem seems to have been solved and no more update sets for playoff teams (plus they'll have also personalized pages like the other 26).
Some good news on the horizon then.....I do like the Topps collections, so much easier to collect with full boxes. Here's hoping nothing has changed!

Detective

This year, it's really difficult to find photos of the preview collection. Even with advanced search, it's impossible to find anything. :rolleyes:

Detective

"Last year, Plus Market was one of the first websites to start the pre-order for the UCL sticker album. Will it be the same this year? If the release date is indeed November 30th as written in plus market website, I'll consider not collecting this set. Releasing it so late doesn't make sense; I'd prefer if they released it in January with only the teams qualified for the round of 16. Topps, wake up! Panini used to release the album in mid-October; why can't you do the same?"

Attachments

Guinness

"Last year, Plus Market was one of the first websites to start the pre-order for the UCL sticker album. Will it be the same this year? If the release date is indeed November 30th as written in plus market website, I'll consider not collecting this set. Releasing it so late doesn't make sense; I'd prefer if they released it in January with only the teams qualified for the round of 16. Topps, wake up! Panini used to release the album in mid-October; why can't you do the same?"
Well they did the same last year, haven't they?
Relased it at the end of October, and last round of GS was played on 2nd of Novemeber.
They relased it late and they gave a shit product. Only good thing (for me personally) was that it was pretty cheap to collect.

Panini use to relase it, if I remember correctly, before 3rd round which was usually around this time. That was great because you could follow all the scores, I use to write them down as a kid, see all the players and the rest of it.

Iulian

Panini use to relase it, if I remember correctly, before 3rd round which was usually around this time. That was great because you could follow all the scores, I use to write them down as a kid, see all the players and the rest of it.
Yup, it used to be this way. Panini would release the collection after the first two rounds during the international break. The album had all the teams including the most recent transfers and always with innovative but still classy designs. That's what made them so special.

I didn't like last year's edition from Topps, maybe the worst in UCL stickers history. And I don't care if they release it on Christmas as long as it has all the teams updated and a clean, pleasant to watch design. Drop the razzle dazzle with 62 colors, thunderbolts, and lousy design gimmicks.