UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 20/21

Jamiepr74

It seems we have to revive this thread :rolleyes:

Topps UK must be in one heck of turmoil (as the country is now, tbf)... it's so different from Germany, where I got my order slightly wrong and solved it the best they could (they sent me a wrong product and they can't send the right one because it's out of stock now, so they refunded me that product).

So yeah, all of you, never pay with credit card alone. At least use it inside a Paypal account.

Still, I'm almost certain that Topps will solve your problems... Send them messages through Instagram, Facebook or any other social media tool.
Yeah all done and messaged, they are so slow in getting back to anyone. I am worried that I am never going to get my money back. I will keep messaging them every day......

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah all done and messaged, they are so slow in getting back to anyone. I am worried that I am never going to get my money back. I will keep messaging them every day......
Yes they are, human resources there are scarce now, confirmed by the spanish manager I know... UK is like the "hub" for all customer service and if there's less people there now, of course it'll delay the responses.

Keep trying wherever you can, don't give up.

LFC1892

Contributor
I am absolutely fucking angry at Topps! :mad::mad::mad:

Here's an update on my 30th October order for an empty 2020/21 Champions League sticker album and 3 boxes of stickers.

I have just received the order and in the box, I have one empty album, and 3 boxes of Champions League match attax!!! I spent £139 and they cannot get my order right. I have sent them an email asking them to correct my order or refund.

They probably won't respond....good job that I paid on my credit card!

:mad::mad::mad:
FFS. Sorry to see that mate.

Even though you paid by CC you can still call Visa/MC and explain excatly what happened. They will reverse the charge back to Topps. You as a CC holder is protected against such transactions. Happened to me twice and Mastercard reversed the charges back.

Jamiepr74

FFS. Sorry to see that mate.

Even though you paid by CC you can still call Visa/MC and explain excatly what happened. They will reverse the charge back to Topps. You as a CC holder is protected against such transactions. Happened to me twice and Mastercard reversed the charges back.
Thanks Art, I have sent them an email, filled in their website enquiry form and sent them a tweet all yesterday and no one has got back to me as yet. I am beginning to wonder if anyone at Topps customer service exists too!

I don’t mind it being a genuine mistake but I am hearing from other people similar stories about Topps.......it feels like I’ve been ripped off by a scam or something.

LFC1892

Contributor
Thanks Art, I have sent them an email, filled in their website enquiry form and sent them a tweet all yesterday and no one has got back to me as yet. I am beginning to wonder if anyone at Topps customer service exists too!

I don’t mind it being a genuine mistake but I am hearing from other people similar stories about Topps.......it feels like I’ve been ripped off by a scam or something.
I don't blame you mate. Seems like many folk(some here) are getting short changed with their orders. Shambles.
Best bet is to contact your CC company and tell them. Keep us informed.

FCWORLD

Topps are not answering phones due to the "pandemic" but the real reason is that all non essential staff are on furlough being paid part of their salary by the govt whilst Topps keep taking the same money as normal. I chased them for a week regarding orders and managed to get a response on facebook. One order which has been dispatched 28th Oct never arrived and one ordered 1st Nov hadn't been dispatched until yesterday. I sent messages on instagram, facebook, twitter plus emails constantly without reply until I eventually got one.

The first order was replaced and replacement arrived yesterday, the second was dispatched yesterday but I honestly believe the reasons for the delays etc were the fact they had no stock and have been waiting for it to arrive as on Wednesday the website seemed to start showing stock of items that had been sold out and lo and behold orders seem to be being sent out now.

If you pay by Paypal open a dispute asap.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, I actually wanted to buy some stuff from Topps UK, but with all of you complaining makes me uneasy to do so.

Btw, I wanted to use that newsletter discount, but the only thing I got was a mail saying "thank you for subscribing"... C'mon, not even this Topps?

LFC1892

Contributor
They must have new people working in the warehouse if they can't differentiate between cards and stickers so they send wrong products.

@dantzig I don't remember getting any discounts from topps but try it out.

Jamiepr74

Before all this I sent an email to them originally on the 5th Oct asking when I would receive my order and got a reply this morning telling me it was dispatched on 8th Oct.

Later today I got a reply by email from the same person regarding the incorrect order and also a message on Twitter:

“Thank you for your order and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your email.

We were very concerned to learn about the error that occurred with this order and we confirm that it is being sent to you again as quickly as possible. “

Looks like they are catching up with backlog perhaps....at least I’ve got a reply. Now will wait for delivery number two!

Jamiepr74

In better news, just come back from my local (unnamed) supermarket and picked up two full boxes of 50 packs of stickers.

Good thing was that when I scanned the barcode on the back of the box it didn’t work, so the cashier asked me now many packs of stickers were in each box, and I suggssted 10 as the yellow sticker on the front of the box says “10 pack” and the cashier believed me and put through 20 packs of stickers for the price of 100......saving me £80!

Every cloud eh?

Jamiepr74

**UPDATE**

Out of the two boxes, I have got a complete collection, plus a pile of doubles. I needn’t have bothered ordering directly from Topps.......

Much easier to complete than last years I have found.1C6217B7-C042-4714-91D3-C66C02AFD7E6.jpegimage.jpg

Helios

Contributor
Is that actually a good thing?
Good question.
Depends on the size of the supermarket I would say.
Is it a small local one or a big chain.
In the end Topps is not harmed, but the supermarket.
Hopefully the poor guy on the counter doesn’t have to pay the difference from his loan.
I can understand the good feeling of having made a bargain, but probably this will lead to bad karma..;)
Anyway this collection is not worth the normal price..

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
In better news, just come back from my local (unnamed) supermarket and picked up two full boxes of 50 packs of stickers.

Good thing was that when I scanned the barcode on the back of the box it didn’t work, so the cashier asked me now many packs of stickers were in each box, and I suggssted 10 as the yellow sticker on the front of the box says “10 pack” and the cashier believed me and put through 20 packs of stickers for the price of 100......saving me £80!

Every cloud eh?
I'm not going play (much) the moralist part, because you were rightly upset with Topps, but you know that is not right. Let's hope cashier is not harmed from this, though if it's a big supermarket, I believe they will handle the loss... Topps is dumb too, of course the 10 pack advertisement will lead to so many people doing this.
**UPDATE**

Out of the two boxes, I have got a complete collection, plus a pile of doubles. I needn’t have bothered ordering directly from Topps.......

Much easier to complete than last years I have found.View attachment 16672View attachment 16673
Now after what you did in the supermarket, be a decent guy and at least sell those stickers for charity, by giving 100% of the value sold on ebay (they have there the option).

Jamiepr74

I'm not going play (much) the moralist part, because you were rightly upset with Topps, but you know that is not right. Let's hope cashier is not harmed from this, though if it's a big supermarket, I believe they will handle the loss... Topps is dumb too, of course the 10 pack advertisement will lead to so many people doing this.

Now after what you did in the supermarket, be a decent guy and at least sell those stickers for charity, by giving 100% of the value sold on ebay (they have there the option).
You know what @dantzig that's a pretty good idea......I will definately do that!

You know what @dantzig that's a pretty good idea......I will definately do that!
My "Kick-off bundle" order from Topps UK arrived quickly without any problems so I sympathise with those of you who have had a poor experience. I am not planning to complete this album but I was interested to see what it was like for the cost of the £15 bundle (plus £5 P&P). You cannot see from the picture of the bundle on the Topps website but the starter pack includes, in addition to an empty album and 36 stickers, six "all-new & exclusive sticker-cards and wallchart" which are "only available with this starter pack". Whether that means they are not available outside the UK I don't know. The sticker tin in the bundle which contains 60 stickers also includes an "exclusive mega gold sticker" for which there is no place in the album. Something I have not seen before.

The total of 146 stickers in my bundle produced 17 doubles which I consider to be on the high side. I expected to get at least one sticker from each of the 26 teams in the album. But I didn't get a single sticker for FC Internazionale, Atalanta, Lazio and Porto and only one sticker for Juventus (although it was a good one, JUV2, the large Ronaldo sticker). Perhaps even more surprising, I didn't get a single sticker out of the 96 Play Off qualifiers stickers.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My "Kick-off bundle" order from Topps UK arrived quickly without any problems so I sympathise with those of you who have had a poor experience. I am not planning to complete this album but I was interested to see what it was like for the cost of the £15 bundle (plus £5 P&P). You cannot see from the picture of the bundle on the Topps website but the starter pack includes, in addition to an empty album and 36 stickers, six "all-new & exclusive sticker-cards and wallchart" which are "only available with this starter pack". Whether that means they are not available outside the UK I don't know. The sticker tin in the bundle which contains 60 stickers also includes an "exclusive mega gold sticker" for which there is no place in the album. Something I have not seen before.

The total of 146 stickers in my bundle produced 17 doubles which I consider to be on the high side. I expected to get at least one sticker from each of the 26 teams in the album. But I didn't get a single sticker for FC Internazionale, Atalanta, Lazio and Porto and only one sticker for Juventus (although it was a good one, JUV2, the large Ronaldo sticker). Perhaps even more surprising, I didn't get a single sticker out of the 96 Play Off qualifiers stickers.
You could have ordered £10 more and you would get free shipping (minimum £25).

Interesting what you wrote last... Seems again the "disease" Topps has sometimes, not adding certain teams in some products... And what a coincidence, it's the playoff and italian teams! Similar stuff of what happened in MA.

And checking my spanish starter pack, I didn't also get any sticker from POF or italian teams... another odd coincidence, right? Yeah, all coincidences :p

LFC1892

Contributor
Anyway this collection is not worth the normal price..
We've been saying this for how many years now in regards to this particular collection?
More voices need to speak up for Topps to change their ways. Obviously, they are not listening or care to change for the better.