UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 20/21

Hoddle01

As there are Match Attax for the Europa Cup, i'm wondering whether Topps will also do a sticker album this year?

daser78

With the uncertain future of Lio Messi, Topps will need to be very careful with the release date.

Hoddle01

He'll stay at Barca. He was never really going to leave. For a start, no one could afford him, secondly it can't see him risking his reputation in the Prem at the age of 33, and thirdly, it's surprising what a new lucrative contract offer can do.

Ole

I'm completely with Vortep.

I can't understand you guys who are always calling for such early release dates.

The CL starts on October 20th. The last teams qualify at the end of September, the draw for the groups is on Oct 1st (for the Europa League on Oct 2nd). And don't forget: For most European countries, the transfer window is open until the beginning of October (England even until mid-October).

So if Topps is to produce a full album with all teams in full and correct line-up, in contrast to previous years, then a much earlier release date is hardly possible. Unless you prefer the version from the last few years, with the qualification teams quickly put together by Topps at the end of the album.

Let's give Topps the chance of a later release date and see if this makes the collection better than in previous years.

Vortep

Can't wait to see how the album and the stickers will look like. Hope we will see a good look in October.

Detective

I don't agree with topps to release this album only in November. I find it counterproductive for them. I'll explain how he could have safely released the album in mid-October.
1) Create the album avoiding to put the representative players on the page so as not to have to change them in case of transfer.

2) Create all the teams with their squads, wait for the market to close (October 5th). Check all the squads, add new players and eliminate the ones that were sold.

3) Check everything again and print.

The first two operations would have been completed even in two days if we consider that they have many workers working for the most important album they produce. Ten days for the press is enough but topps doesn't like to do things fast! I apologize if I made some mistakes but I don't speak English well.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don't agree with topps to release this album only in November. I find it counterproductive for them. I'll explain how he could have safely released the album in mid-October.
1) Create the album avoiding to put the representative players on the page so as not to have to change them in case of transfer.

2) Create all the teams with their squads, wait for the market to close (October 5th). Check all the squads, add new players and eliminate the ones that were sold.

3) Check everything again and print.

The first two operations would have been completed even in two days if we consider that they have many workers working for the most important album they produce. Ten days for the press is enough but topps doesn't like to do things fast! I apologize if I made some mistakes but I don't speak English well.
They do all those three steps you mention. But they can't do the next steps in just 10 days. CL stickers are produced massively and with all the steps involved in the factory operation, 10 days may not even be enough for everything to be ready there. Don't forget also the transport to dozens of countries, make sure everything is ok to distribute to stores.

Nah, even if they manage to close everything by October 6th (don't forget many clubs make last minute transfers and they have to check thoroughly if ntohing is missed), it would take at least three weeks, maybe even a month, to arrive at the stores.