UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 19/20

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Already opened the six box breaker and here the result.

Got 396/595
254 doubles. I have a lot of shinies and 9xValencia emblem :p

Also I have swapped with one friend (the only in my country) and got 51 new stickers.

Here you can see my stack of doubles.
Despite being a better choice due to shiny pack, I find it much cheaper to just buy normal boxes... on ebay, you can find both types at around the same price, even if full box has 2x more stickers... Also, a UK full box can be up to half the price paid in stores (price per sticker).

Don't mind the shinies so much here, as I can easily order them later from Topps.

Jamiepr74

Already opened the six box breaker and here the result.

Got 396/595
254 doubles. I have a lot of shinies and 9xValencia emblem :p

Also I have swapped with one friend (the only in my country) and got 51 new stickers.

Here you can see my stack of doubles.
What are the numbers of the doubles as I need a few.....

beto18

I just noticed that in Peru there is a web store named "Ripley" which is selling some kind of hard cover binder for the Album.

View attachment 13878

Maybe @Sergio Z could provide any further information about this.
So, for the third consecutive year the protective case will be available. Because for the previous two editions, there were already but they were only available in Brazil.
17-18.jpg

18-19.jpg

beto18

You have to search in Brazil only but the bad thing is that so far, I have not seen a loose case and the only way to get one of these, is buying the complete set (case + empty album + all stickers)

daser78

I found those for sale in "Mercado Livre Brazil". Unfortunately, I need a CPF (Brazilian identification number) to make any purchase. Also, I need a brazilian Address to sent the package there... Is there any Good Samaritan from Brazil who wants to sell those hardcover binders?

daser78

Bump!

Today I received this beauty directly from Brazil:

20191209_121345bvy.jpg

As the starter pack comes with 10 packets, I wanted to open them I check out the differences between the Brazilian version and the European version.

Here I attach some pictures about de differences found:

20191209_114151.jpg
The smaller ones are from brazilian packets. Check the color of the back.

20191209_114438.jpg
Left from brazilian packets, right from european packet. The same print for captains, stadiums and top scorers.

20191209_114253.jpg
Normal brazilian stickers have a shine when are put against light.

Jamiepr74

Greg Landsdowne @panini_book found this online the other day:

So it looks like the tender could be taken over by Panini again next season - hope so!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
To me, all points out to Topps continuation til 2024. Panini doesn't seem bothered without CL and Topps is providing more CL produts every year.

Let's not forget Topps lost Premier League rights, so they have to rely on their CL/EL licensing to face Panini in UK.

LFC1892

Contributor
In a way I don't want Panini to have the Monopoly on the market because if they do the products will not be as good.

Panini won the rights from Topps for the NFL american football cards in 2016 and the last 2 years it's been getting worse.

Prices going up every year from lower end product to higher end but you get less packets in some products and the hits like mem cards and autos are rubbish. Many average players and not so many of the big players.

Topps have progressively improved their match attax collection since 2015 but their sticker collection is still average and not up to scratch. Improve the sticker collection and Topps might win the bidding for the new term.

Helios

Contributor
Why should they improve the sticker collection if they win ?
They will keep a low standard to force the card products..

But it is better to have more competitors indeed.
Panini has shown what is possible with the new Premier League album.
Not perfect , but a huge improvement to the Topps issued ones before..

Jamiepr74

Not perfect , but a huge improvement to the Topps issued ones before..
Agreed....the obvious difference is the sticker numbers which really pleases me. Here’s an obvious comparison....

Panini Premier League 2020: 636 stickers plus update stickers to come....

Topps Bundesliga 2020: 297 stickers...

It feels like Topps are going through the motions still.....how long do Topps have the licence for in Germany @Helios ?

Helios

Contributor
Agreed....the obvious difference is the sticker numbers which really pleases me. Here’s an obvious comparison....

Panini Premier League 2020: 636 stickers plus update stickers to come....

Topps Bundesliga 2020: 297 stickers...

It feels like Topps are going through the motions still.....how long do Topps have the licence for in Germany @Helios ?
They just expended the deal until 2023 If I recall it right :(