UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 18/19

AndyR

Ahah, I've played you a few times Andy, also lost one time :D

Anyway, system will pick a random sticker from your doubles stash... Then you choose either attack or defense and system will pick a random user (without him knowing) and one of his doubles (I think so or maybe it's just a random sticker from all set).

Actually, these battles are very entertaining, there's no guarantee if you win, even if you have Ronaldo... For example, I've lost Ronaldo to Skriniar, even though Skriniar is way worse :p But Skriniar played defense and my Ronaldo defense sucks, while Skriniar attack sucks a bit less.

The better stickers are those who are both great in attack and defense, of course... That's why Beto won a lot with Kroos, he's a machine in both sides... But Kroos is not unbeatable, because let's say if Kroos plays attack and faces Ronaldo attacking too, he'll lose... Same if he faces Buffon defending.

Well, I'm out of doubles, though I can buy a lot more (Still have thousands of coins from previous virtual albums)... I'll play later some more :D
you've already took all my swaps ;)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Regarding virtual album... Topps answer about the codes:

The promotion you mention is only for Latinamerica. So unless you buy products there is not possible to get them sorry.
Topps again doing half the work :confused:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So, any "hack" or whatever to get the special stickers in virtual album? I just can't believe a worlwide collection is just to be appreciated by some fellows eating chips and drinking cleaning liquid, in the american continent.

AndyR

So, any "hack" or whatever to get the special stickers in virtual album? I just can't believe a worlwide collection is just to be appreciated by some fellows eating chips and drinking cleaning liquid, in the american continent.
I messaged their twitter (pepsi) and emailed Lays but got no response for universal codes from either as yet... :mad:

beto18

Hello everyone but especially those who are collecting the virtual version.

With regard to this collection and its codes: listen out there and I also saw some messages here and all indicate that this promotion will reach South America. For that reason, find out something and I have important news for you.

Obviously this promotion will reach South America and so far is confirmed in these five countries: Argentina - Colombia - Paraguay - Peru – Uruguay
(I do not know if this promotion reaches more countries, I really do not know but it is very likely that it will also reach Europe. Or maybe it's already arrived)

Last Friday the promotion was officially launched in Colombia and has interesting prizes like being, a trip to Madrid to see the final of the tournament (But only for Colombia).
It consists of completing the virtual album and for that one has to find the "tazos" in the fries Margarita (Lay's) each "tazo" comes with a code, which we are looking for.
("Tazo" is like a small circular card and they are also collectible because for this promotion there are 28 different "tazos")

So for the moment this promotion came to Colombia only and in the other four countries that I mentioned, if everything goes well, the promotion will be launched soon and I imagine that it will also have interesting prizes. You have to have a little patience and wait a bit.

If you want to know more about this promotion, you can visit this page:
But it is in Spanish language.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hello everyone but especially those who are collecting the virtual version.

With regard to this collection and its codes: listen out there and I also saw some messages here and all indicate that this promotion will reach South America. For that reason, find out something and I have important news for you.

Obviously this promotion will reach South America and so far is confirmed in these five countries: Argentina - Colombia - Paraguay - Peru – Uruguay
View attachment 12045
(I do not know if this promotion reaches more countries, I really do not know but it is very likely that it will also reach Europe. Or maybe it's already arrived)

Last Friday the promotion was officially launched in Colombia and has interesting prizes like being, a trip to Madrid to see the final of the tournament (But only for Colombia).
It consists of completing the virtual album and for that one has to find the "tazos" in the fries Margarita (Lay's) each "tazo" comes with a code, which we are looking for.
("Tazo" is like a small circular card and they are also collectible because for this promotion there are 28 different "tazos")

So for the moment this promotion came to Colombia only and in the other four countries that I mentioned, if everything goes well, the promotion will be launched soon and I imagine that it will also have interesting prizes. You have to have a little patience and wait a bit.

If you want to know more about this promotion, you can visit this page:
But it is in Spanish language.
Just like I quoted before a Topps manager:
The promotion you mention is only for Latinamerica. So unless you buy products there is not possible to get them sorry.
Whatever it is, I had enough of this bullshit. Even if by some chance there's codes also in products sold in stores near me, I'll not buy them. Who the hell buys plastic food and drinks just to complete a virtual album? Yeah yeah, I know it also has those interesting prizes, but also don't care. Time has passed where I bought those as a kid, when I also played a lot with tazos.

It was fun to fill the virtual album, also because of the sticker battles. Now is just wasting time and with that promo, also money and health.

beto18

And well: good promotion, regular promotion, bad promotion or very bad promotion that is what I am least interested in at this moment because finally in a simple way I can complete my album:
And from here to some time, who the hell would remember if the promotion was good or bad. The only thing that they will remember is that they have their complete album and it will remain for the memory of each collector.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And well: good promotion, regular promotion, bad promotion or very bad promotion that is what I am least interested in at this moment because finally in a simple way I can complete my album:
View attachment 12049
And from here to some time, who the hell would remember if the promotion was good or bad. The only thing that they will remember is that they have their complete album and it will remain for the memory of each collector.
Wow, didn't expect such words from you... You're free to agree with the promo or not, but in two paragraphs, you reduced the efforts of hundreds/thousands of collectors to "who the hell cares" and emphasize your "victory".

Good for you that you complete the album, which in your words, "is what I am least interested in"... Thanks anyway for sharing the info before.

I'm feeling bad now that I shared the virtual album with my youtube subscribers and have to say them "well, if you want to complete it, go to south america and just buy lays or pepsi".

Next time, might be a good idea for Fantom/Lays/Pepsi to tell people right away you can only complete it if you do X or Y... Only a few days ago they placed here something in spanish on how to get codes and if promo just started now, so should have the virtual album.

beto18

@SubZero of course yes. I will gladly show you a tazo, but only the back because I do not have the image from the front. (He sent me a girl from Colombia)

Here is the tazo and the code comes in the back and this is dedicated to the end of the 2012/2013 season.

I give you one piece of advice: If you only need the stickers of the teams' badges + the stickers of the team shirts + the first 2 stickers + the last 3 stickers and maybe a couple of the captains or players in action; then you only need 4 of these tazos and automatically your album will be complete.

And according to the girl who helped me: for these 4 tazos, I spend approximately $us 1 (one US dollar). All that is thanks to Margarita (Lay's) potatoes. As for Pepsi: I do not know anything yet, maybe it's for other countries.

I would love to help you but unfortunately those tazos will not reach my country but you can ask for the help of a contact you have in Colombia.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does anyone knows what the hell is going on with Topps costumer service? Lately, they've not been answering my messages... They messed up a missing stickers order and I didn't get any reply so far, after contacting them twice in the official website, last one almost a month ago.

Also, why Topps don't sell anymore CL missing stickers? What's going on with them? I know they're still active in the website, as they still release new products there.

Ceesmk

Same thing for Premier League and Bundesliga collections; it's not possible to order missing stickers. Moreover, there is no possibility to buy material from the previous years...

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Same thing for Premier League and Bundesliga collections; it's not possible to order missing stickers. Moreover, there is no possibility to buy material from the previous years...
But why? Something wrong with the missing stickers system? I've ordered 36 CL missing stickers, but they only sent 22 of them and have only those same 22 in the order paper... But I have the email order confirmation with the 36 stickers, same with order info in my Topps account.

But even if there's a problem with the new missing stickers system (I don't like this new website so far, also because there's no more possibility to buy from previous years), this doesn't answer why they are not answering my messages... Messaging system is also failing? But they're sure quick to add new products, even the new Topps Crystal, which was supposedly an italian exclusive.

Ole

Looks like the changeover of the website was neither coordinated nor prepared. Much rather that they have reacted to a command from the US short term. After one day, they did a rollback to the old website in germany for two weeks to be a bit more prepared.

And so they add little by little the features from the old website. First the important products, that bring the most profit, then the rest of it. It will be interesting to see how long it takes, until everything is available again...

Far away from what you can call a professional relaunch of the website.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Hi @dantzig and @Ole

I had the same issue as you so I contacted them on the following email (the website contact seems to be broken so this should work):

info@toppsdirect.com

It sounds like they're having technical issues with no due date for the fix :(. They said you can order from the back of the album still but you'll need to do it via the postal system (send cheque etc). Not ideal but at least it's something.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks like the changeover of the website was neither coordinated nor prepared. Much rather that they have reacted to a command from the US short term. After one day, they did a rollback to the old website in germany for two weeks to be a bit more prepared.

And so they add little by little the features from the old website. First the important products, that bring the most profit, then the rest of it. It will be interesting to see how long it takes, until everything is available again...

Far away from what you can call a professional relaunch of the website.
That's what I thought, they were not entirely ready for the new website... However, they should rollback to old site until new website is completely functional and not because it's prettier but half the features don't work or aren't there... Very unprofessional indeed.

Hi @dantzig and @Ole

I had the same issue as you so I contacted them on the following email (the website contact seems to be broken so this should work):

info@toppsdirect.com

It sounds like they're having technical issues with no due date for the fix :(. They said you can order from the back of the album still but you'll need to do it via the postal system (send cheque etc). Not ideal but at least it's something.
I had that email too, but since it's still with the old domain, I thought it wouldn't work... Thanks Rob ;)