UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 18/19

Hye,next week i will try to photocopy extra italian sheet at work (i am in Night shift) if i can get It ad original size then sure i will get extra packets for sure so i will sell at euro 5 ..4 extra packets and packaging including ,,postage not included ..if i found at least 20 people interesting i will work for it

Helios

Contributor
So many different covers... does everyone have the same 2 variations of sticker packs though, like shown in @LeicesterRob 's picture or do the different countries have different sealed packs with different players on the front?? Surely other countries will have different to the UK as we have Sane on one and Mane on the other which i doubt would be on packs in other European countries??
View attachment 11291
German box opened - exactly the same 2 packet cover variants as you had (!) - but less stickers inside ;)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@SubZero you're usually aware of this, so you know if we're having a virtual album for this? After that Juve test page, I thought so, but didn't see anything so far.

SubZero

@SubZero you're usually aware of this, so you know if we're having a virtual album for this? After that Juve test page, I thought so, but didn't see anything so far.
No, unfortunately this year we will not have a virtual collection. Why? I dont know. Yes, the phantom tested the virtual version this summer, but then they disappeared. Phantom site is not working properly, all fantom virtual collections are almost dead.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No, unfortunately this year we will not have a virtual collection. Why? I dont know. Yes, the phantom tested the virtual version this summer, but then they disappeared. Phantom site is not working properly, all fantom virtual collections are almost dead.
I see, thank you for the confirmation.

Too bad, doing a virtual album always gives some extra enjoyment.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Hello all UK collectors! Anyone else experiencing a short supply of stock on the shelves? I've not seen an album on sale in the shops since the first week and just a few packets seem to be available too. Even eBay is very light for the ten sticker packets! I see Click's website is out of stock too!

Jamiepr74

Just an update with my album, I have completed it and I found it cheaper initially by purchasing 5 boxes of stickers instead of a complete collection online.

The empty album and five boxes cost me £91.40.
I had to purchase 97 missing stickers from Topps at £9.70.

I sold 339 doubles on eBay for £42.20.

So all in all, completing this years edition cost me £58.90. Pretty good I reckon considering that a completed loose collection was initially costing around £120. I still have 146 individual doubles that I could sell online too.

Am quite pleased with this! :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just an update with my album, I have completed it and I found it cheaper initially by purchasing 5 boxes of stickers instead of a complete collection online.

The empty album and five boxes cost me £91.40.
I had to purchase 97 missing stickers from Topps at £9.70.

I sold 339 doubles on eBay for £42.20.

So all in all, completing this years edition cost me £58.90. Pretty good I reckon considering that a completed loose collection was initially costing around £120. I still have 146 individual doubles that I could sell online too.

Am quite pleased with this! :)
Your sale was quite good, considering a full box there is £20 with 200 stickers. Probably it sold well because what Rob said in previous post, there's a short supply on stores. It helps also that Topps sells stickers very cheap, for the same price as inside packets.

Don't forget you have to add ebay fee and taxes, so your collection has definitely cost more than £60.

In Euros, it's much more expensive though: a full box of 150 stickers is 21€, so we should expect a collection to cost around 80€ at least. For the quality it has, I say it's expensive.

Jamiepr74

Don't forget you have to add ebay fee and taxes, so your collection has definitely cost more than £60.
Fair point, I forgot that......the eBay fees cost me £3.92!! Still a bargain based on what I have previously paid out though.....

Wonder why it's not easily found in stores at the moment.....is that because they think that the sticker market might not be as profitable? Or is it just a Topps thing?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Fair point, I forgot that......the eBay fees cost me £3.92!! Still a bargain based on what I have previously paid out though.....

Wonder why it's not easily found in stores at the moment.....is that because they think that the sticker market might not be as profitable? Or is it just a Topps thing?
Key points for getting such a bargain in completing was ebay sale above market price, where you had profit (even considering ebay and maybe paypal fee) and ordering the remaining stickers at very good prices (another Topps point in the Topps vs Panini comparison).

Restocking might be a distribution problem and not Topps fault, but I lean more to Topps not able to fulfill the demand so far by some reason. On ebay though, you can still find some UK sellers with boxes.

AndyR

Key points for getting such a bargain in completing was ebay sale above market price, where you had profit (even considering ebay and maybe paypal fee) and ordering the remaining stickers at very good prices (another Topps point in the Topps vs Panini comparison).

Restocking might be a distribution problem and not Topps fault, but I lean more to Topps not able to fulfill the demand so far by some reason. On ebay though, you can still find some UK sellers with boxes.
really interesting point Jamie raises about how to collect a collection. Im really glad it is (currently) cheaper to buy boxes and complete that way by using the missing sticker service rather than just a complete loose set on ebay. Of course depending on time of purchase it seems to fluctuate... for example in 2 years time the set will be the cheapest it will ever be and probably a lot lower than buying sticker boxes. That being said as less are offered on the market over the forthcoming years after this initial 2 year sales period it will increase in price over time, thats how most recent collections seem to go.
That all being said i think @Jamiepr74 reading the comments has enjoyed doing the set more this year in comparison to just ease of buying loose set off ebay... standard Time vs Enjoyment issue. If we have the time lets all collect the old skool way.

@dantzig seems to have called it right (again) about it being a distribution problem to the stores in the UK... since Menzies (who supply shops similar to Click who supply self-employed sellers) have gone to a call centre in Scotland when newsagents re-order extra supplies there is a big delay in getting the stock (before used to be next day, now takes around 7 days). As i used to be in the business still know a lot of people who work in it and start of last week they confirmed there was no spare Starter Packs being held by Menzies ready for issue, all were in stores or sold. Meanwhile they held plenty of surplus boxes being held ready for distribution waiting on requests by individual stores. When the initial sales (release date) of a product is done Menzies "box out" to as many stores as they can but further supplies to them at later date from Topps they hold onto until requests for more stock are made by individual stores as the stock is received on a sale or return basis to stores.
Start of last week there was plenty of boxes being held available to order from stores so if you are still looking for a box @LeicesterRob i would suggest asking your local newsagent if he wouldnt mind ordering another in from Menzies. He should get it within the week.

In regards to Click, they are a little bit more mickey mouse and dont have their stock on sale or return but have much more generous margins so they usually just order in what they have pre-ordered or slightly more to play it safe. You can understand that i guess as if they dont sell all what they order in they are left with it.

Jamiepr74

really interesting point Jamie raises about how to collect a collection. Im really glad it is (currently) cheaper to buy boxes and complete that way by using the missing sticker service rather than just a complete loose set on ebay. Of course depending on time of purchase it seems to fluctuate... for example in 2 years time the set will be the cheapest it will ever be and probably a lot lower than buying sticker boxes. That being said as less are offered on the market over the forthcoming years after this initial 2 year sales period it will increase in price over time, thats how most recent collections seem to go.
That all being said i think @Jamiepr74 reading the comments has enjoyed doing the set more this year in comparison to just ease of buying loose set off ebay... standard Time vs Enjoyment issue. If we have the time lets all collect the old skool way.
Yes you are right @AndyR I did enjoy it more this time around, it was the initial excitement of opening of the packets, the feel and the smell of the stickers - only a sticker collector would appreciate this!

Then the disappointment of not having a completed set, and going through the album and counting the missing stickers. Then then the excitement of ordering the stickers and waiting impatiently for them to arrive in the post like I used to years ago. :)

When buying a complete set, you miss out on all that so it was nice to be able to go old-school this year.

gaspy

Extra stickers that will be available in Italy on 23/10, 6/11, 27/11, 11/12 with Corriere dello Sport or Stadio newspapers:

Attachments

gaspy

This will be really a mess, when in the next years someone will sell/swap those sealed packets :confused:

well,i got some extra packets(circa 60)and i discovered that first and second packets where already out in same time
well,now i have circa 30 A1-A4 and circa 90 B1-B4
nik3500