UEFA Champions League Sticker Album 16/17

gaspy

Hi guys, I'm a new user here, just got album the other day and I'm looking forward to slowly filling it.

I'm a bit curious to what does that number 8 Henry Bedimo space on the last page of the album represent? Is it going to be a sticker or it's just there to explain what the symbols mean?

I mean, they could have arranged it better, show full album to someone and they are 100% going to think that you are missing that one sticker.
Just an explanation ;)

Baudelaire

Actually, it is three stickers of difference between the directly qualified teams and ones who got through qualifiers. So 19 for Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Juventus etc and 16 for Gladbach, Celtic, Ludogorets but also 16 stickers for Manchester City. It wasn't intended to hurt small teams, but I do agree that album could have been designed differently, so all 32 teams get same treatment.

Any collectors from Bosnia here? I have decided to fill album slowly, so I'm currently on one sticker pack per day. As a passionate collector, I find it rather difficult to only buy one pack per day, but I have managed to sustain my discipline so far. What I'm concerned about is that by the time I get to phase where I will have to swap them with other people, I may have a lot of difficulty to make it.

By my calculations, it should be somewhere in december, but all the collectors I know always finish their albums in like 10 days.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I find it strange to not give the same amoutn of stickers to "little teams" ... one more reason I won't buy this album.
City is not so "little" and as explained before, those teams with less stickers are from the playoffs, which means Topps didn't want to wait to know which 10 teams were qualified to CL.

I'm getting a bit upset with the virtual collection, because some stickers are being "stolen" from me... I had Jefferson (Sporting) and some Dinamo guy I can't recall, both actually double too... They are rare stickers and eventually, I swapped them for others... Two days ago, I realized both of them were suddendly missing again in the album! And now, while I was checking for some more swaps, I noticed Neuer (also a rare sticker and had it also double) was missing too.

Anyone with the same problems?

Helios

Contributor
Actually, it is three stickers of difference between the directly qualified teams and ones who got through qualifiers. So 19 for Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Juventus etc and 16 for Gladbach, Celtic, Ludogorets but also 16 stickers for Manchester City. It wasn't intended to hurt small teams, but I do agree that album could have been designed differently, so all 32 teams get same treatment.

Any collectors from Bosnia here? I have decided to fill album slowly, so I'm currently on one sticker pack per day. As a passionate collector, I find it rather difficult to only buy one pack per day, but I have managed to sustain my discipline so far. What I'm concerned about is that by the time I get to phase where I will have to swap them with other people, I may have a lot of difficulty to make it.

By my calculations, it should be somewhere in december, but all the collectors I know always finish their albums in like 10 days.
Laststicker.com ;-)

naerp26

Does anyone know if the collection is already available in Austria? If yes, can you tell me a place in Vienna where I can buy a starter pack and some packets?

Danju

Patron
I heard another collector saying that sticker SEV3, that should be Sevilla badge, actually is Benfica badgeo_O
Can anyone confirm this mistake ?

Jromeu

Somebody knows why in Fc Barcelona and Juventus cards and stickers do not appear the Topps logo in the left corner?
Last year it did not appear too...strange...

Sergio Z

Sometimes I think Panini and Topps make this kind of mistakes on purpose. Now there's one or two more versions of each wrong sticker to collect.

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
Vitolo from FC Sevilla with badge of Benfica , big mistake :(
'BIG' mistake no - for me would have been if Sevilla badge on double team page was Benfica badge instead..to be honest I didn't even notice until Danju was mentioning it..
I am more frustrated with the horrible cutting of many double stickers..I hate when the frame is still visible after sticking..
There are many things Topps can be criticized for with this 'quick shot', low effort album..for me this is a clear sign the company is not focusing on creating good sticker albums. They just do it for the need of being presented on the market against Panini.
Somehow I think they already resigned because of the huge success of FIFA 365 album(s)
The actual CL issue is a huge step back referring to the uninspired content.
Don't want to go deeper.makes me mad already thinking about what could have been possible..

Last edited:

Baudelaire

Vitolo is not the only mistake in the album. Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid has Slovakian flag by his name, while Andy King was born in year 1995 according to Topps. These are not as big mistakes as Vitolo, yet mistakes they are.

Helios

Contributor
Vitolo is not the only mistake in the album. Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid has Slovakian flag by his name, while Andy King was born in year 1995 according to Topps. These are not as big mistakes as Vitolo, yet mistakes they are.
Slovenia or Slovakia..c'mon..that's quite the same..o_O:D

7 years younger..guess Andy likes it.;)
I wonder if you checked all dates of birth..?;)

Caniggia

Contributor
with magazine Guerin Sportivo out another packet, I will let you know if is same of last time (promo)

20161017_101854.jpg

Caniggia

Contributor
sorry for quality of picture, I received from another collector that has received from a third one! :)

so, inside packets we have 2 different sticker of Bonucci from Juventus, I've checked all doubles from a friend, he has around 10 times first one, so the "rarest" shall be the second one down! then I've heard some rumours also about 2 different stickers with Buffon, but I have anything about, I've seen only stickers Buffon/Lichtsteiner

Vitolo from FC Sevilla with badge of Benfica , big mistake :(
matter of rights? I know Juventus has a kind of exclusive deal with Panini so maybe this is reason, but is just a personal idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Danju

Patron
the upper bonucci looks really close to the last years sticker of him, maybe one photoshoped cause he misses the photo shoot and a 2nd version came later ?

s-l1600.jpg

naerp26

The only good thing about this is that i bought a box and i almost got my collection complete! Only 9 duplicate stickers in 250! If now I could get a box with the missing ones... :)

I agree the collection is a small deception, they could have done much better!

Do you think they will be issuing the Vitolo sticker properly? Because in the virtual collection the sticker is ok, with Sevilla badge.
Oblak is also with the right flag in virtual collection.
On the other hand, Andy King is still with wrong data, now he's 27 and born in Madrid...

the upper bonucci looks really close to the last years sticker of him, maybe one photoshoped cause he misses the photo shoot and a 2nd version came later ?

View attachment 6901
In the virtual collection, the sticker is the one based on this!

Last edited by a moderator: