Topps Match Attax UEFA Champions League 2022/23

FC Swiss

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
With all the World Cup frenzy, some might forget there's still UCL to collect... Topps is making sure we won't forget :p

Guinness

I am really not sure what is the point of collectin those... Every year same high-end players and Top 5 league teams.

I always check the checklists to see if anyone from Dinamo is there to collect those cards but it's always the same ones.

Guinness

Normally they change the design and little else, but there are very pretty cards, little else.
Not even looking at the cards, but in the June season didn't even end they have announced it already.
Match attax UEFA competitions - "ok, well this is nice, cards for all UEFA competitions, looking forward to seeing my team here, atleast some of top players" - "Sorry top rich clubs and popular instagram players ONLY".

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Collection is out today here. Have to say this is another great set (despite agreeing with @Guinness about the popularity).

Strange how Chelsea has only 9 cards, while West Ham for example has 18... Expected non-english/german/spanish teams to have just 9 cards but not Chelsea.

Checklist is obviously not fully updated, plenty of players in the wrong clubs... expected too, MA always come out early and no time to update all... MA Extra should address this, as usual.

I've opened just a starter and a mini-tin... Cards are lovely again, designs I like more are the Next/Gen or Signatures backgrounds... Didn't like much the simple foil cards, particularly the Styler ones (not a fan of those colors there).

Legends are a treat! Got Peter Schmeichel, one of my favourite players ever... Every subset needs legends, no matter if it's a World Cup or some league set... Hear that, Panini?

But the cards the blew my mind was Messi exclusive limited inside purple mini-tin... It is for sure the best limited design I've seen, gorgeous card! It looks much better than the image below.

Looking forward to see the rare Black Edges, they look stunning too :)

Anmarvel

Today is my lucky day

1663854973721.jpeg1663854973741.jpeg

Benzema is 67/100 and Müller has no number. Could anyone explain me why?

Last edited:

Anmarvel

Nice! You pulled them both? Or bought from somewhere? Topps doesn't mention anything about numbers on their guide and website.
They were inside the 4 different megatins I bought in Topps Germany.

It is the first time I get something like that, and I am not an expert, so I dont understand why ones has a number and the other one has no number. If someone here can help me to know more about this, It will be a pleasure to read

Edit: here is a photo of the back
1663862010700.jpg

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

It is the first time I get something like that, and I am not an expert, so I dont understand why ones has a number and the other one has no number. If someone here can help me to know more about this, It will be a pleasure to read
Lucky indeed, I never got even one, let alone two :p

Just pulling one is 1:8 chance if buying the 4 mega, so two should be what, a 1:16 chance? If someone knows the proper math, let me know :)

It's very strange how one is numbered and the other is not... only found on ebay a numbered coin relic card for UNL, from De Ligt

1663864276916.png

Anmarvel

Lucky indeed, I never got even one, let alone two :p

Just pulling one is 1:8 chance if buying the 4 mega, so two should be what, a 1:16 chance? If someone knows the proper math, let me know :)

It's very strange how one is numbered and the other is not... only found on ebay a numbered coin relic card for UNL, from De Ligt

View attachment 20449
As I said, it is the first time that I get something like that and I am not an expert. I want to find out why one is numbered.

LFC1892

Contributor

Edit: here is a photo of the back
View attachment 20447
Usually the # ones are rarer and a different parallel to the non numbered one. Do you see any difference to the colour of the card design or the coin itself? Or even the colour of the background of the card? That's where the difference is usually.

Anmarvel

Usually the # ones are rarer and a different parallel to the non numbered one. Do you see any difference to the colour of the card design or the coin itself? Or even the colour of the background of the card? That's where the difference is usually.
I don't find any difference.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok it's either they didn't number the Muller by mistake or they made many more of it that there was no need to put a serial number.
I'll go with second choice... I've checked ebay listings and only found another numbered card from Messi (till 150).

Didn't see any Benzema or Messi NOT numbered, so maybe both these players are numbered and others not? Topps should have warned in their guide though.

LFC1892

Contributor
I'll go with second choice... I've checked ebay listings and only found another numbered card from Messi (till 150).

Didn't see any Benzema or Messi NOT numbered, so maybe both these players are numbered and others not? Topps should have warned in their guide though.
That's a good call about specifying in the game guide. I just looked at mine and there's nothing but a picture of 1 # card and one is not.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's a good call about specifying in the game guide. I just looked at mine and there's nothing but a picture of 1 # card and one is not.
Where did you she the picture of # card on the guide? They look normal in my (spanish) guide.

Also, on the guide's back, there's information about upcoming update multipacks, MA Extra and ordering missing cards... and to my surprise, Black Edges are NOT to be ordered (just like limiteds, chromes, etc)... Is Topps looking for one more lawsuit? Black Edges are part of the checklist, numbered right in the middle of special cards... so how come they have the nerve to say you can't order them?

LFC1892

Contributor
Where did you she the picture of # card on the guide? They look normal in my (spanish) guide.

Also, on the guide's back, there's information about upcoming update multipacks, MA Extra and ordering missing cards... and to my surprise, Black Edges are NOT to be ordered (just like limiteds, chromes, etc)... Is Topps looking for one more lawsuit? Black Edges are part of the checklist, numbered right in the middle of special cards... so how come they have the nerve to say you can't order them?
My bad mate, I got the page of the Die-cut cards and relics mixed up. In my UK version they don't even mention relics are numbered. Big mistake if they are not selling Black Edge cards. Last season same shit happened when they didn't have the NEXT GEN cards to order.

Attachments