Topps Match Attax UEFA Champions League 2017-18

maestro

So we will have 32,459 different versions of this collection with all the different lingos across the world.

If they don't have the Swahili starter pack, that's it for me collecting. :mad::rolleyes:
Looks like the card is in English at least, but maybe you are referring to the starter pack? Maybe it is only different wrappers? I think that could have been the case for previous collections as well.

I wonder if there will be a nordic edition this year as well.

LFC1892

Contributor
Looks like the card is in English at least, but maybe you are referring to the starter pack? Maybe it is only different wrappers? I think that could have been the case for previous collections as well.

I wonder if there will be a nordic edition this year as well.
I was joking of course but to be honest I don't see the point of releasing a product in multi lingos just to sell.
Make the product good and worthwhile, collectors will buy it by the bucketful.

maestro

I was joking of course but to be honest I don't see the point of releasing a product in multi lingos just to sell.
Make the product good and worthwhile, collectors will buy it by the bucketful.
I agree fully! A mess to collect all different versions of languages.

Philip

Belgium starter pack : 8,99€ : Binder, Checklist, Play Pitch, Game Guide, 1 LE Card (Ronaldo Gold), 1 pack of 25 cards (all regular)

SAM_7822.JPG SAM_7823.JPG SAM_7824.JPG SAM_7825.JPG SAM_7826.JPG SAM_7827.JPG

Philip

Box break : Box 30 packs
1 Limited Edition : Griezmann (gold)
9 Badges (1:3,5)
8 Duo (1:3,5)
9 Defensive Dynamo (1:4,2)
7 Hot Shots (1:4,2)
5 Man of the Match (1:5)
7 Winners (1:5)
5 UCL All Star XI (1:6) Robben , Ramos , Iniesta , Alves , Marcelo
3 100 Club XI (1:12) Glik, Silva, Chiellini
2 Hat Trick Heroes (1:25) Aubameyang (2X)
0 Real Madrid Duo (1:96)
1 Real Madrid Badge (1:96)
0 Trophy (1:128)

SAM_7821.JPG

Bahnsen

As many of you guys know, I am a huge FC Copenhagen fan, season ticket holder and collector. Can anyone confirm, that Copenhagen is in this set as shown here: https://www.stick-it-now.de/sammelkarten/topps/fussball/match-attax-cl-201718?p=4 cards number 298-306 + 413

I am almost in shock. What in the world is Topps doing. Last year Copenhagen qualified but didnt have any (official) cards, This year they didnt qualify (I know, its a disaster), and now they have cards? Guess my complaining last year worked, since they dont dare to keep them out this year :rolleyes:

Edit:
I have seen videos in Youtube. No one need to comfirm, that Copenhagen er in the product.

Last edited:

Bahnsen

Futher more, if anyone wants to know, where to find the Hero Packs in the display boxes, it seems to be in the left stack at the bottom.

Also the hero pack seems to look a bit different (only tested on a couple of packs), than the other packs. The Hero Packs is the one in the middle - look at the colored piece in the top and bottom compared to the other packs. The hero pack got more colored on top and less on bottom.

Attachments

Bahnsen

is there a way to order missing cards from Topps for the match attax collections if you are in Norway, Denmark etc? do they use some email address or distributor or something? I've always wondered how collectors complete their sets from that region?
I dont think so. The Nordic countries can use toppsdirect.com as the rest of Europe.
How we can complete the sets, is a good question. To be honest I dont know, because I have only completed the Rugby albums myself, and they didnt have the Nordic edition.
But in this set only 12 Nordic cards are extra. You can probably buy them overprized on ebay or maybe they will all be in a special tin or advent calender.

Bahnsen

Is that really a rule? I have never seen that in any trading card collection in Denmark, that the distributors had to make every cards avaliable.

Anyway, I dont know what to answer you. I havent seen any site linked to topps, where the Nordic Exclusives can be bought individually.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
really if they are not Limited Edition cards Topps has the responsibility to make them available on the "withdrawn from sale" date of the collection ie end of the season for all residents in those Nordic countries. If they are on the checklist they should be available to order to complete sets. I think @dantzig had the same problem once I was reading as LEs were printed on the Portuguese version of checklist 1-2 years ago and therefore the distributors who sold in Portugal had to make those cards available...

there is no way Nordic collectors should be made to go to ebay i reckon.
Yes they had, confirmed by a Topps director I "spoke" a lot with... Many people though LEs could be ordered and so, they asked for them when sending the paper to the address provided (no online possibility)... After all those were declined, some people complained and threatened Topps for not telling explicitly that you couldn't order them (notice that we're not used to collections with Limited Editions, except our own Adrenalyn league collections, where those are easily found in starters and tins), which led to Topps retrieving many products from stores, opening everything to fetch the LEs and sending a complete set to whoever complained.

In this Nordic case, I know Topps now has covered all legal loopholes they had and even though the nordic cards are in the checklist, doesn't mean they can be ordered... But I'm sure they can or like Bahnsen wrote, they will be available in some advent calendar, just like the exclusive edition cards last season were.

Anyway, it's too soon to order cards from Topps... Remember last season, you could only order them by May.

Bahnsen

By the way, Topps has made an error on card no. 301 Nicolai Thomsen. The card doesnt have his picture. It has a picture of Jan Gregus (card nr 298) instead.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Portugal received yesterday the starter and boxes, but seems nothing more will be released... So I guess we can only buy the other products abroad.

I've tried to compile quickly what LE's we can get from the products:

Starter Pack
Ronaldo Gold

Mega Tin
Gabriel Jesus Gold (Game Changers Tin)
Lewandowski Gold (New Signings Tin)
Reus Gold (Club Heroes Tin)

Mini Tin
Suarez Gold
Alli Silver
Falcão Bronze

Multipack/Blister
Griezmann Gold
David Luiz Silver
Casillas Bronze

Pogba Gold, Salah Gold & Ronaldo Silver can be found only in lucky packs?

EDIT: Saw now that Ronaldo Silver is scheduled for some Bravo Sport in Germany, while Salah Gold came out in polish Bravo Sport.

Bahnsen

The starter pack LE, the Mega Tin LE's and the Mini Tin LE's seem to be the same here. Guess we yet have to see LE3S, LE4S, LE5S, LE1B, LE3B, LE4B, LE5B released?
Futhermore a 22 card Super Striker subset should exist. Anyone know anything about that? Is that released yet?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The starter pack LE, the Mega Tin LE's and the Mini Tin LE's seem to be the same here. Guess we yet have to see LE3S, LE4S, LE5S, LE1B, LE3B, LE4B, LE5B released?
Futhermore a 22 card Super Striker subset should exist. Anyone know anything about that? Is that released yet?
Online play only has the 13 LEs, also confirmed by the info in the packs.

Saw that subset list too, have asked Topps about it, waiting for the answer.

Has anyone ordered the 3 tins online? Because I'm concerned you can't choose them.

Bahnsen

Do you mean the 3 Mega Tins? Coolcard got them on sale individually. They can also be found in ToyRus shops in Scandinavia.