Topps Match Attax UEFA Champions League 2015-16 trading cards

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
As many of you know, Topps has taken over a license from Panini for Champions League for the next 3 years.

I have received an email from a Chinese collector, who apparently has first hand info.
In my opinion its too soon to talk about Topps UCL cards, and design is probably to be confirmed.

Basic info
Topps UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2015-2016.jpg
MINI TIN BOX: 36 cards including bronze/silver/gold LIMITED EDTION
Each DISPLAY including 12 mini tin boxes.

BIG TIN BOX: 60 cards including bronze/silver/gold LIMITED EDTION
Each DISPLAY including 6 big tin boxes.

BALL BOX: 70 cards including bronze/silver/gold LIMITED EDTION
Each DISPLAY including 6 ball boxes.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Juan Francisco Certianly I think this is only mock-up design for testing purposes that somehow got leaked in China, even though China has no Topps headquarter as far as I know.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Andy Thanks for sharing the images. I moved posts to appropriate thread.
What are your guys first thoughts on the collection, according to the images? Seams pretty much like any other Match Attax card set, although they promised "huge innovations" when they got the license.

LFC1892

Contributor
I am not buying this until I see pics of the cards. Topps already get on my wick with their gold/silver/bronze bollocks of LE cards.
Not holding my breath on them being "innovative" on this new CL collection.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Volevo sapere se esce anche in italia e se esce anche le figurine della champions league della topps
Huh?
I am not buying this until I see pics of the cards. Topps already get on my wick with their gold/silver/bronze bollocks of LE cards.
Not holding my breath on them being "innovative" on this new CL collection.
From what I saw so far, you shouldn't hold anything, really... This was (or still is) a great opportunity for Topps rising up against Panini, but either they will notch up the collection (both stickers and cards) or they'll massacred by Panini with FIFA 365 and see their CL investment going to the drain... And they better hurry up, CL is already going to the second round of group matches, with Panini releasing steadily their FIFA 365 all over Europe.

Saw now the LEs will be inside booster packs... 1:400 for one Gold LE? Are they nuts?

LFC1892

Contributor
Huh?

From what I saw so far, you shouldn't hold anything, really... This was (or still is) a great opportunity for Topps rising up against Panini, but either they will notch up the collection (both stickers and cards) or they'll massacred by Panini with FIFA 365 and see their CL investment going to the drain... And they better hurry up, CL is already going to the second round of group matches, with Panini releasing steadily their FIFA 365 all over Europe.

Saw now the LEs will be inside booster packs... 1:400 for one Gold LE? Are they nuts?
Topps always insert LEs in their booster packs. I got 4 LEs from the Premier League booster 14/15. People who love Panini will not like what Topps are gonna do with the CL this season.

I really like the topps cards, but I don't like their LE system which just turns me off before I even start.

With panini I feel like I have a real shot at collecting them all without going bankrupt.

LFC1892

Contributor
I really like the topps cards, but I don't like their LE system which just turns me off before I even start.

With panini I feel like I have a real shot at collecting them all without going bankrupt.
Many collectors feel the same way. Yes there is many LEs released by Panini but at least they are all the same and you can pick & choose your favourite players. If you are starting to collect I highly recommend CL 14/15 from last season. The sub-set cards are lovely and different from one sub-set to the other. In addition, the LE cards are so cheap now you can get a Messi or Ronlado or Suarez for like 5-10$. Have a look at e-bay.

Found this on another site, in case it wasn't available here yet:

Album with Checklist
Booster - 6 cards
Blister - 6 Boosters (36 cards), 1 Limited Edition

Starter Pack - Album, 6 cards, 1 Limited Edition, Game Rules Leaflet, Playing Pitch, Checklist
Deluxe Starter Pack - Album, 36 cards with Mini Tin, 1 Limited Edition, Game Rules Leaflet, Playing Pitch, Checklist

Mini Tin - 36 cards, 1 Limited Edition
Mega Tin - 60 cards, 1 Limited Edition
Ball Tin - 70 cards, 1 Limited Edition

Basic - 390 cards (26 teams - 15 cards per team)
Captain - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Star Player - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Duo - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Man of the Match - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)

100 Club - 4 cards
Tactics - 5 cards
Trophy - 1 card

Limited Edition - Bronze- 8 cards
Limited Edition - Silver- 8 cards
Limited Edition - Gold- 8 cards

504 regular cards and 24 Limited Edition cards

After the Group Stage, Update cards will be issued including, amongst others, Transfers

Found this on another site, in case it wasn't available here yet:

Album with Checklist
Booster - 6 cards
Blister - 6 Boosters (36 cards), 1 Limited Edition

Starter Pack - Album, 6 cards, 1 Limited Edition, Game Rules Leaflet, Playing Pitch, Checklist
Deluxe Starter Pack - Album, 36 cards with Mini Tin, 1 Limited Edition, Game Rules Leaflet, Playing Pitch, Checklist

Mini Tin - 36 cards, 1 Limited Edition
Mega Tin - 60 cards, 1 Limited Edition
Ball Tin - 70 cards, 1 Limited Edition

Basic - 390 cards (26 teams - 15 cards per team)
Captain - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Star Player - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Duo - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)
Man of the Match - 26 cards (26 teams - 1 card per team)

100 Club - 4 cards
Tactics - 5 cards
Trophy - 1 card

Limited Edition - Bronze- 8 cards
Limited Edition - Silver- 8 cards
Limited Edition - Gold- 8 cards

504 regular cards and 24 Limited Edition cards

After the Group Stage, Update cards will be issued including, amongst others, Transfers
I already haved posted that... More information here: http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/topps-uefa-champions-league-match-attax.html
But still thanks for sharing the information :) And the information isn´t oficcial but I believe it will be those cards on the checklist.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Still "amazed" by the "brain" in Topps who had the "fantastic" idea of printing the same player, but three times, instead doing a more broad choice of players and printed only once... 24 players printed in some fantastic material would be great, but I guess Topps doesn't really like to change... Panini was going the same way until two/three years ago, where their collections were revolutionized (except World Cup).

Hopefully, this will get Topps more experience and avoid the mistakes already done here... Still hoping for a card quality increase.