Topps Match Attax UEFA Champions + Europa League 2019/20

LFC1892

Contributor
Holy scam Batman, 37 bloody LE cards. Small-ish collection to compensate for losing the Prem rights.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Holy scam Batman, 37 bloody LE cards. Small-ish collection to compensate for losing the Prem rights.
Exactly, this is an excuse for Topps to create something about PL with the CL rights.

So basically this edition is: Premier League Vs. Rest of Europe o_O
It's more like "PL Best 7! & Euro Co."
Any chance of checklists that we can read?
Those scans are from the binder, so I guess so far nothing about which players are featured (how funny would be if Juve card was not either badge or CR7?)... Unless they have some sort of checklist poster.

You can keep an eye on Alan's page, he's been gathering all the info and has a partial checklist so far.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Limited editions and where they are found is clearly shown on there but the scans are not clear enough to read
Yeah, quality not that great... Here's one better:
djed.png

There's also this:

fsbswbw.jpg

OMG 37 limited edition!!!

Do you know @dantzig if the collection will be avaible in other countries?
This one? Nah, it's like @Safariman said in the beginning, it's a UK exclusive I think... Check how many LE's you can only get in UK (swap tours etc).

What I think is that Topps will grab much of this to create the real CL collection, including limiteds.

Safariman

So is the Hazard Silver indication that the 2 collections will be pretty much same cards as it says - UCL Kick off special ???

Thanks for the better scan

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So is the Hazard Silver indication that the 2 collections will be pretty much same cards as it says - UCL Kick off special ???

Thanks for the better scan
I believe that September Issue is called UCL Kick-Off, not Kick-Off magazine.

Many will be available to everyone, like the tins, multipacks and even the online exclusives (they even added a LE in a On Demand card, which should always be optional, not part of the set in any way!)... Others you have there as exclusives either are only available there or there will be equivalent in other countries.

This is a bloody mess, whoever thought in Topps this would be fun, it's not! They want at least UK buyers to spend hundreds on so many products! They are copying all horrible features Panini does with the limiteds! Few limiteds were one of the few things we always praised Topps and they are seeking to ruin that too!

HEAR THE COLLECTORS, TOPPS!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes. There is an International release for the Champions League only due in October.
I can confirm it. Can also confirm that Spain/Portugal will have exclusive EL teams, total of 7 spanish teams + Benfica & Porto.

Will try to know more, too many questions still unanswered.

gaspy

Looks like there will be different 'domestic' collections, with different teams and different checklists: nearly impossible to make swaps :confused:

And no money to collect them all :mad:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks like there will be different 'domestic' collections, with different teams and different checklists: nearly impossible to make swaps :confused:

And no money to collect them all :mad:
You'll have one exclusive edition there too! For now, the ones with exclusive EL cards will be UK, Italy and Spain/Portugal.

ES/PT version will have 429 CL cards + 64 EL cards (16 cards per team). Limiteds most likely capped at 14 (similar to last season). Not 100% confirmed though.

I'll try to know if the 64 EL cards affect the numeration of the 429 cards. Hopefully not.

Tins will also be different. UK version has the gold color. For the different versions, Topps has created new websites, such as the spanish one I mentioned above.

dany

OMG so the Iberian collection will have 493 cards :eek:

And the 14 limiteds you are mention @dantzig are of course G/S/B right? Because that would make a total of 42 limitedso_O

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
OMG so the Iberian collection will have 493 cards :eek:

And the 14 limiteds you are mention @dantzig are of course G/S/B right? Because that would make a total of 42 limitedso_O
I've asked that GSB thing, let's see if I get an answer... Hope it's just "normal" LEs, one per player and I kinda liked them last year.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've asked that GSB thing, let's see if I get an answer... Hope it's just "normal" LEs, one per player and I kinda liked them last year.
So far, still unknown if GSB will also appear in the international edition. But I have the feeling it's like last year, again 14 limiteds of different players, no GSB.

Each CL team will have the usual 18 cards, 16 base + 2 special.

Confirmed the only countries with extra teams are UK, Spain/Portugal and Italy. Not even Germany will have it.

Numeration is most likely different for all countries with extra teams. This is not good for international swaps, as @gaspy mentioned. Still not 100% confirmed.