Topps Match Attax UEFA Champions + Europa League 2019/20

dany

It's ridiculous from Topps to put teams like Lugano or WAC. I hope that this information will be wrong because we can became crazy with so many teams

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

news my friends ! According to this website,we’ll have the 32 CL clubs and Sevilla FC, Arsenal, FC Porto, AS Roma, Manchester United, Dynamo Kyiv, Beşiktaş, Basel, Sporting CP, CSKA Moscow, VfL Wolfsburg, SS Lazio, Borussia Mönchengladbach, AS Saint-Étienne, Getafe CF, Standard Liège, Rennes,Pellets WAC,whose are classic clubs,but we’ll also see Istanbul Başakşehir, Oleksandriya and FC Lugano !
It doesn't say anywhere there it'll have the 32 CL teams and I can guarantee it won't, because we don't even know yet the remaining 6 teams coming from the playoffs and the collection will be out next week! At most only the 26 CL teams already qualified, but Topps only reached that number in their first season.

The Collection with Europa League teams is a UK only based collection according to a reliable source
So an international competition, with the great majority being non-english, will be available only in UK? That I have to see, because I can't honestly believe Topps would do such a dick move.

HenryM1884

news my friends ! According to this website,we’ll have the 32 CL clubs and Sevilla FC, Arsenal, FC Porto, AS Roma, Manchester United, Dynamo Kyiv, Beşiktaş, Basel, Sporting CP, CSKA Moscow, VfL Wolfsburg, SS Lazio, Borussia Mönchengladbach, AS Saint-Étienne, Getafe CF, Standard Liège, Rennes,Pellets WAC,whose are classic clubs,but we’ll also see Istanbul Başakşehir, Oleksandriya and FC Lugano !
In that blog post, Alan is only saying that they are in range of being included, not that they actually are included. It would be interesting to have those teams, but I don't believe they will be included.

LFC1892

Contributor
They might include a small sub-set for the EL big participants & call it something like "mickey mouse game changers" or "Andorra's fan favourites"

Topps will do anything to make an extra quid or two even it means including teams no one is interested in.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
In that blog post, Alan is only saying that they are in range of being included, not that they actually are included. It would be interesting to have those teams, but I don't believe they will be included.
Alan could have avoided writing all EL teams already qualified for the event, because many will just read all the teams and never read "within the collection's range".

Some will definitely not be featured, like Porto, because it was a team eliminated from CL qualifying stage and now featured in EL (unless Topps goes "Copenhagen style" from two seasons ago and predict where the playoffs teams will play).

If @Safariman is correct and EL is just for UK market, I suppose EL will only feature Arsenal and Man Utd... Who knows if Topps will actually have EL releases based on country? Lazio + Roma cards for italian market, Getafe + Sevilla for spanish market, etc... Of course, only the best ranked countries.

I was getting bored with this set, design is the same for every single card (even the limiteds!), but these guesses about EL made me more interested again :cool:

Safariman

So there are 16 teams total in the collection

331 Cards Total
229 Base Cards

16 Team Badge Cards
7 Duo Cards
16 Man of the Match Cards
16 Club MVP Cards
6 UCL Centurions
4 UCL Record Holders
16 Club Legends
6 Hat-Trick Heros
11 Hundred Clubs

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wolves Benfica and Lyon Teams as well in the collection
Topps again playing futurology, as Wolves are not even in Europa League yet (Torino is no easy task!)

69217350_383631845674067_6076196242033999872_n.jpg

So there are 16 teams total in the collection

331 Cards Total
229 Base Cards

16 Team Badge Cards
7 Duo Cards
16 Man of the Match Cards
16 Club MVP Cards
6 UCL Centurions
4 UCL Record Holders
16 Club Legends
6 Hat-Trick Heros
11 Hundred Clubs
It can't be just 331, that must be just for CL (and just 16 CL teams is an all-time low record).

Safariman

This is only for the UK - there is obviously going to be a separate Champions League collection that will be throughout Europe - Topps are just producing this to fill the lose of the Premier League Collection

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tremendously confusing... I've seen some people opening the MOTD packs and there's only english teams in EL, so I suppose EL in UK is only for the three english teams in EL and perhaps there's other exclusive EL teams in some countries.

Cards do actually look quite good (aside from the same design in every single card), the back of them are awesome (too bad they'll be covered in the binder).

Loved the touch in Legend cards, with small pictures of the player when it was younger... Only saw inserts from Legend and MVP.

dany

Are you sure that this collection will be avaible only for UK?

For me it´s very confusing because in Alan´s web, and other web sites it says that is the Champions League collection but in Topps´ web just say Match Attax 19/20, so i´m afraid to buy now tins of this collection when later it will be released the normal one....

Give opinions or informations!!

Thanks

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm beginning to think this collection we've seen in those MOTD packs is just some kind of teaser just for the english collectors, to also face Panini's PL Adrenalyn that will come out shortly too.

It's too damn strange that a full set will have just 16 teams, EL has just the english teams, releases in Germany for instance are scheduled just for late September, etc etc etc.

So I guess Topps will release the REAL complete set as they always did, late September with the usual 22 to 26 teams. I can't believe the full set will have just 16 teams, 3 of which are EL, so only 13 CL teams.

EL might be just the three english teams in UK, as said before, because the tins we've seen so far are just for CL.

In the end, Topps just did this in UK to "divert" atention from Panini's PL AXL, no more than that... That's my idea anyway.

Safariman

Yes positive this is what will happen - this is just a collection to fill the gap of Premier League for topps as I said above

Suchy

Contributor
I'm beginning to think this collection we've seen in those MOTD packs is just some kind of teaser just for the english collectors, to also face Panini's PL Adrenalyn that will come out shortly too.

It's too damn strange that a full set will have just 16 teams, EL has just the english teams, releases in Germany for instance are scheduled just for late September, etc etc etc.

So I guess Topps will release the REAL complete set as they always did, late September with the usual 22 to 26 teams. I can't believe the full set will have just 16 teams, 3 of which are EL, so only 13 CL teams.

EL might be just the three english teams in UK, as said before, because the tins we've seen so far are just for CL.

In the end, Topps just did this in UK to "divert" atention from Panini's PL AXL, no more than that... That's my idea anyway.
According to Alan's checklist there will be at least 19 teams in this collection, but some of them with only three or four cards it seems.

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.com/2019/08/topps-uefa-champions-league-match-attax_59.html

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, can we officially say Topps has gone mad?

68736474_616498152090564_3928518336958169088_n.jpg 69379594_490816288400237_5440266839974215680_n.jpg

Confirmed it's a UK edition, just judging by all 7 english teams with more cards.

This is NOT a Champions League collection. Topps just call it "Match Attax 2019/20"

The remaining cards for other teams is a joke. One lousy card for Juventus?

And yes, the GSB scam is back! Not only returning, but in full force too, with 37(!!!) LEs to collect, many only available in certain products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, from what me and others can tell, the International version will be quite different. Less english cards, possibly removing the EL teams (so far, Germany concept art is just for brand Champions League only) and more balanced for other teams. Probably more updated too.