Topps Match Attax 2023/24

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Strange how this thread was still not created here... but anyway, another great edition of MA for this season!

Base cards are decent, with the nice touch of each team having a background of supporters.

Special cards are a blast too, my favourites are Black Edge, Artists of the Game Limiteds and Stadium Stars Limiteds.

Not so fancy of the metal cards (Guardians, Eliminators, etc) + 100 Club (not a fan of the stretched background font for 100)... The Cult Hero cards are also "shabby".

Some "glitches" too for the Captain cards... Fabianski is clearly a "captain" card (even though I checked and it's Zouma) but it doesn't say Captain... also Coates should be special, but unlike Fabianski, it says Captain but it's not a special card.

Would dismiss parallel cards as usual, but it's acceptable, not as bad as Turbo Attax... better when it's a team logo parallel.

Limiteds are again not easy... Topps should have kept normal limiteds inside tins and not only inside eco (1) and multi packs (2)... Almost 30 to collect means we have to buy a lot of those two products.

Anyway, it's another very nice set from Topps :) Do not expect to be complete or updated, it clearly isn't by a mile (and as always, MA Extra will fill the gaps).

Guinness

Do not expect to be complete or updated, it clearly isn't by a mile (and as always, MA Extra will fill the gaps).
@dantzig Is this set regularly updated during the season? I'm not very familiar with the latest collections, but I noticed the Conference League logo. Since Dinamo is competing in the ECL and is one of the biggest clubs there, I'm wondering if there's a possibility that we'll receive cards for our players during the season, or is it typically limited to the top 5 league clubs?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig Is this set regularly updated during the season? I'm not very familiar with the latest collections, but I noticed the Conference League logo. Since Dinamo is competing in the ECL and is one of the biggest clubs there, I'm wondering if there's a possibility that we'll receive cards for our players during the season, or is it typically limited to the top 5 league clubs?
Probably around January or February, there will be MA Extra, but it's usually to update some teams already in (31 this season from all three competitions). I think all 31 teams are from the top 7 + Salzburg + Celtic & Rangers (Topps still has the scottish league license).

So yes, I'm not seeing Dinamo being there in the MA Extra.

Hi, today I unpacked a crazy match attax extra packet
I found a blue parallel, a green parallel, two 100 clubs, two limited editions, an energy card, a black edge card and a chrome shield!
How is it possible? Is it my lucky day or does somebody have an explanation?
Unfortunately the site doesn't allow me to upload the images of the cards

Ole

Hi, today I unpacked a crazy match attax extra packet
I found a blue parallel, a green parallel, two 100 clubs, two limited editions, an energy card, a black edge card and a chrome shield!
How is it possible? Is it my lucky day or does somebody have an explanation?
Is one of the so-called "Hero Packs". There is one per box.
If you only bought one or two packets, it's actually your lucky day. If you got a whole box, it's a regular day like all the others. ;)

Is one of the so-called "Hero Packs". There is one per box.
If you only bought one or two packets, it's actually your lucky day. If you got a whole box, it's a regular day like all the others. ;)
Oh, wow, I had no idea about these hero packs!
I bought 10 packets actually
Thanks for the info mate

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Likely because the pictures were exceeding the file size limit or the resolution was too big. Reducing the resolution to 700/800px per side should be enough, I think? More than enough here, as we don't need super HQ pictures.