Topps Match Attax 101 Trading Card Game (2019)

AndyR

The latest offering from Topps :-
released to the UK market between 27th-29th May 2019 (29th May 2019 official release date)

Standard packs (£1 each 7cards), Multipacks (£5), Mega Multipack (£10), Mega Tins (£10), Starter Pack (£5) & Deluxe Packs (£2 each 15 cards)

Usual Limited Edition scam inside multipacks etc... No innovation.

No Licence - ghost T Shirts on players expected (100% on England anyway!!)

Collection not based on any tournament or anything - just apparently the "best players in world football"

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ahm..... so it's not licensed and prices are still the same? So licensing is not a good chunk of what we pay, as publishers cry about?

Maybe it's a decent set to complete when it's dirty cheap in some months :)

Only in UK, I suppose.

AndyR

If it's as expected - ie very similar to the Match Attax World Cup 2010 set but without even World Cup teams named etc...
then this will 100% bomb and price will be dirt cheap in 5-6 months time.

Dont expect much activity with the set to be honest... difficult sell. Just another money making Topps UK attempt

They seek to follow their US leaders into charging ridiculous prices on other sets they are trying to force down the UK market- Anyone seen the crap cartoon pictures done by an unknown artist on the Champions League "Living" set which is due to run for 2-3 years minimum - £10 for 3 mediocre cards per week with backings like the Topps Footballer Gum 1978-79 Orange back set... (not to be confused with the decent release lately from Topps US of the Topps Premier League Inspired 1977 set where boxes were bought at £25 with complete base set in, 3 insert cards, autograph, 2 parallels in total. Real decent value that one.)

AndyR

concept art for the products & details:-

STARTER PACK incl. Modric Limited Edition & Global Heroes = £4.99
50 STANDARD PACK BOX £1 PACKS - each pack contains 7 cards = £50
24 MEGA BOOSTER PACK BOX £2 PACKS - each pack contains 15 cards = £48
STANDARD MULTIPACK incl. Aguero Limited Edition & 5 standard packs - GOLD SILVER BRONZE SCAM IN OPERATION AGAIN - £5
MEGA MULTIPACK incl. Aguero Limited Edition & 5 Mega Packs - GOLD SILVER BRONZE SCAM IN OPERATION HERE ALSO - £10
MEGA TIN incl. Lingard Limited Edition & Exclusive Homegrown Heroes - £4.99 (only reasonably priced bit of merchandise?) **** UPDATE - PRODUCT NOW £10 RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED!!! ****

Last edited:

Safariman

The tin is obviously an error and I am sure it will shoot up to £9.99 - 1p below RRP as all of the products are - get a bargain and order now at that price - sure they will have to honour the price its ordered at

AndyR

The tin is obviously an error and I am sure it will shoot up to £9.99 - 1p below RRP as all of the products are - get a bargain and order now at that price - sure they will have to honour the price its ordered at
according to Click its supposed to be £10 from their original email - maybe worth buying some at £4.99!!!

LFC1892

Contributor
Hope they got fleeced nice and proper by advertising the wrong cheaper price. Not touching this product with a barge pole. Nothing worse than having generic kit on the cards. F'kin moneybags.

Safariman

Not seen a card yet so no real proof yet it will be ghost shirts but from the initial packet pictures it looked that way - I don't know how licensing works but if they still have material for PL and CL why can't they use those pictures in proper kits ??? Not sure what there international rights are though. Topps have been useless with their marketing of this product - 1 week to go and absolutely nothing - even the pictures above are surely just concept art.

AndyR

Not seen a card yet so no real proof yet it will be ghost shirts but from the initial packet pictures it looked that way - I don't know how licensing works but if they still have material for PL and CL why can't they use those pictures in proper kits ??? Not sure what there international rights are though. Topps have been useless with their marketing of this product - 1 week to go and absolutely nothing - even the pictures above are surely just concept art.
yes i do say in post they are concept art...

As for Topps UK advertising the product - their actual social media presence is very low indeed - not much interaction on their twitter posts at all which show not many realistic followers on their platforms (for example 10,000 followers on twitter yet every post they make get around 10 likes which shows most are bots). They still should advertise the product though but the office probably knows as little about it as the actual customers at this stage. It's certainly not a part of Topps which knows much about football thats clear to say with all the horrendous errors they make.
They are still even trying to work out how to use wordpress at the moment for their new site to go in line with the US webpages... some ridiculous mess ups on there with their individual card ordering etc... EMBARRASSING!!!!

With the rights, if its not a Premier League product or Champions League product or an International tournament product (they couldve got team licences but i highly doubt they have done that?) which it isn't as just "top players in world" then they need to get rights to individual players (a lot cheaper). They therefore i would assume cannot use proper shirts for Premier League clubs etc. Hence my initial guess that ghost shirts would have to be used (Lets hope thats not the case and its a proper collection but knowing the amount of care Topps UK has i would guess they couldnt care less).

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My educated guess unfortunately was spot on about the ghost shirts...
View attachment 12918
Mixed feelings with this one:
  • Not licensed, price still high because of it;
  • Font is too big, too much stats, too crowded;
  • Are those cards specials? Or are all "base"?
But:
  • I do like the pictures;
  • Nice for Topps to add legends and even women like Marta;
  • Most likely much easier than Adrenalyn.
How is card quality, Andy?

AndyR

Mixed feelings with this one:
  • Not licensed, price still high because of it;
  • Font is too big, too much stats, too crowded;
  • Are those cards specials? Or are all "base"?
But:
  • I do like the pictures;
  • Nice for Topps to add legends and even women like Marta;
  • Most likely much easier than Adrenalyn.
How is card quality, Andy?
agree with those points Carlos... they are allegedly specials in the sets. The GSB scam is running.
GOLD RONALDO LIMITED EDITION in the Match of The Day magazine (4th June) for everyone viewing this (maybe worth a purchase!):-