Topps EURO 2024 Germany - news, rumours etc.

Will you collect Euro 2024 sticker album by Topps?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guinness

ditto for Pierre Kalulu!
Simakan and Kalulu have both selections in the French U23 and U20 teams but not (yet) in the senior A team.
For information, Pierre Kalulu still have the choice to compete for D.R. Congo, like his brother Gédéon.
I would really love for DR Congo to qualify for the next WC and Kalulu in the squad. I would be enjoying sticking that one.

Mishu

Zidane was 26 times captain of the French team, specially during WC'2006.

View attachment 22446
Sorry for the misunderstanding... I was not disputing that Zidane was not a captain in the past. Sticker #2 for every team in this collection should be the current captain in 2024, not in 2006 or 1988 or whenever.

But the problem here is that Mbappe is the captain of France in 2024 and Topps doesn't have the rights to include Mbappe in this collection so rather than putting a sticker of the 2nd captain in 2024, they chose to pick a past legend. Not sure if I agree with their decision, but they did what they could.

Similar situation with the 3 German legends... If they could not find enough players to accept to appear in the album, they should have picked them randomly like they did with Simakan or Luke Thomas. Including Tony Kroos would have been a smart decision... he can be a legend and in the current squad at the same time LOL.

Guinness

Just remembered, no one talked about update pack when the rosters are announced. I mean Panini did it for years, right?
Topps is doing it practically on "daily basis" for all of their collections don't see any reason why they don't do it for their biggest one yet?(at the momment by name, reputation and history).

Is there any talk about it?

Bogino

After opening one box, here is summary:
Among 300 stickers less than 20 doubles, every pack has a shine sticker as you all know... 15 nation amblem, many shine players and 3 gold stickers, one signed and the other two with no signature.
Also got 4 parallels, purple one.
Somehow I've get used to big heads and look of stickers.
Are the album and packets already available in Serbia? At the regular newsstands? Who is official distributor?

chriswiggy

Patron
For me some players were randomly included. I seriously cannot understand how they thought of Luke Thomas who has never played for the senior England team and is currently playing in the Championship
As a Leicester City fan I am proud to see Luke Thomas featured in an England sticker squad. But his inclusion is absolutely bizarre. He is probably further away from playing for the senior England team than he has ever been in his relatively short career. He was loaned to Sheffield United at the start of the season but was so bad in his 12 appearances that his loan was terminated. He is now struggling at Middlesbrough in the Championship where he has made 7 appearances, mainly as a substitute. But he is a lovely, Leicester-born young man so I am pleased that he will be able to put his Topps sticker in a picture frame and display it on his wall.

Hoddle01

This collection is going to die a death in the UK. The England 2024 collection is released next week and will dominate the market. Topps always mess up their collections. Making their Euro album looking like an album for the under 10's, not securing rights to kits and players, adding players who have not got near their international sides or including players who have retired is a recipe for disaster. I appreciate that the collection will prove popular for those supporters of sides whose rights were secured, but they would have been better off not releasing this in the UK, France or Germany. Panini will no doubt do their own tournament editions for all these countries which will sell far far more than Topps will.

Sorry for the misunderstanding... I was not disputing that Zidane was not a captain in the past. Sticker #2 for every team in this collection should be the current captain in 2024, not in 2006 or 1988 or whenever.

But the problem here is that Mbappe is the captain of France in 2024 and Topps doesn't have the rights to include Mbappe in this collection so rather than putting a sticker of the 2nd captain in 2024, they chose to pick a past legend. Not sure if I agree with their decision, but they did what they could.

Similar situation with the 3 German legends... If they could not find enough players to accept to appear in the album, they should have picked them randomly like they did with Simakan or Luke Thomas. Including Tony Kroos would have been a smart decision... he can be a legend and in the current squad at the same time LOL.
Luke Thomas though! That's pretty random. Is this one of José's little jokes?

Just remembered, no one talked about update pack when the rosters are announced. I mean Panini did it for years, right?
Topps is doing it practically on "daily basis" for all of their collections don't see any reason why they don't do it for their biggest one yet?(at the momment by name, reputation and history).

Is there any talk about it?
Probably, no updates for this collection.
If Topps have thoughts about updates, they will not make play-off teams in the way as they do it.

Last edited:

HaebiGou

So this morning we started collecting... Yes, the design of the stickers in the album takes some getting used to. Yes, it's annoying that the licenses of the top teams are missing. Yes, it's a shame that there are no real photos of the stadiums. Yes, it doesn't have to be that all 12 playoff teams are included in the album, but... it was great fun to open the first 20 bags and stick the first 120 stickers in the booklet. It's still a pleasure like the first time 30 years ago and with every sticker that is added, the joy of the Euro 2024 increases a little more! :)

chriswiggy

Patron
Considering that Luke Thomas found himself in the euro 2024 collection, I hope to be in the next collection too
Never say never..Topps can do all ..just believe
Luke Thomas is also in Panini's excellent World Class 2024 album, alongside Messi and Mbappe! (Not really. That's a Leicester City supporter joke. But remember he IS in Panini's Premier League 2024 album, albeit as a pre-printed Sheffield United squad player.)

byoplayer

Such a huge heterogeneity of stickers type that with 20 packs, I'm already lost. I'm waiting for the ambum, that I hope gets here in Spain, next monday. However, not a great collection

Detective

The lack of Foden is another big mystery. Phil said he is a big fan of stickers, his girlfriend said he is obsessed with them. He said that during a trip to a zoo (if I'm not mistaken), Phil saw a stand where they sold stickers and asked his girlfriend to buy him some packets. I don't think Foden decided not to appear on the Euro 2024 album out of his own will. He's a fan like us, he would never do that. If I remember correctly last year he was a sponsor for Topps on match attax cards. Topps needs to explain. Too many important players are missing.