• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Topps Chrome Champions League 17/18

LFC1892

Contributor
This is the first time Topps will be using their Chrome technology on a Football product.

This widely used technology for Basketball, Baseball, Hockey & NFL has been very popular with collectors.

I will be getting this as it's priced reasonably for a "higher" end product. There's 18 Packs/4 Cards per box for 72 total cards with 1 guaranteed Auto card. Base set is only 100 cards + 50 cards of sub-sets.

Here is a few pictures.

raj3sh

Topps have already used the chrome technology in their MLS product (Topps MLS Chrome 2014) . But this will be the first time in an international football product.

I have opened the 2014 product once. The chrome technology is indeed nice

The jesus card looks nice. Hoping for new signers.

LFC1892

Contributor
The only issue I have with this product is the low amount of hits.

1 Auto per box is not much & god knows what player autos will be inserted!!! Hopefully big names.

Price point is not bad but still make it 2 hits.

LFC1892

Contributor
Release date pushed to the 25/4 which is the same release day for Panini Prizm World Cup. Talk about desperation from Topps.

LFC1892

Contributor
Wow . This seems to be the first time when they release 2 products simultaneously. Lets see who wins it.
Who do you think Raj? I think Prizm will outsell Topps, hands down. Many in North America collect world cup cards but champions league, not that much.

raj3sh

Who do you think Raj? I think Prizm will outsell Topps, hands down. Many in North America collect world cup cards but champions league, not that much.
I expect prizm to outsell topps , however we cannot expect the success of 2014 prizm. That was the first good product after a very long time.

LFC1892

Contributor
I expect prizm to outsell topps , however we cannot expect the success of 2014 prizm. That was the first good product after a very long time.
Yes Prizm 2014 was excellent which is why the price still holding up while Euro 2016 price is low because it's way over done with about 200 sub-sets of 200 cards each, lol.

LFC1892

Contributor
Wow. Looks REALLY EXPENSIVE. Seriously, how much is it? (Not getting it anyway)
Not really, full box priced online anywhere from 55-60$ US which is around 42 quid. Considering AXL box would set us back around 50 this one is better quality cards and guaranteed chances of auto cards. It's made in Topps America which means quality pisses on that of Match Attax. I will be loading up on these boxes.

raj3sh

@raj3sh it's coming out on Wed the 18th, checklist already out on cartophilic. Are you going to collect it?
I will go for the nice looking united cards. I have now streamlined my collection. Only going for cards that i want rather than collecting everything. Already have the martial and young autos. What about you

LFC1892

Contributor
I will go for the nice looking united cards. I have now streamlined my collection. Only going for cards that i want rather than collecting everything. Already have the martial and young autos. What about you
I'm going to collect the set of base and sub-sets. Chrome is really well made by Topps. The NFL ones they did before losing the license were top notch. How did you get the 2 autos already before release?

raj3sh

I'm going to collect the set of base and sub-sets. Chrome is really well made by Topps. The NFL ones they did before losing the license were top notch. How did you get the 2 autos already before release?
Apologies if i got it wrong in the above post , i mean i only collect one autograph per player. Since martial and young has many autos from different products i have already added them to my collection. That is how i try to reduce my expenses and collect by quality.

LFC1892

Contributor
Apologies if i got it wrong in the above post , i mean i only collect one autograph per player. Since martial and young has many autos from different products i have already added them to my collection. That is how i try to reduce my expenses and collect by quality.
Oh i see, got ya. makes sense. hoping for some good autos to come out of this one.