• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stickeroase - The german "Hong-Kong" seller

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi guys.

I suppose many of you have already ordered stickers/cards products from a german seller called stickeroase. He sells quite a lot and at acceptable/good prices. I've made some orders from him along these last years and even though I can't say I was completely satisfied, I didn't have any serious problem with him (except once, but it was solved and doesn't matter to this case).

Last weekend, I bought from him an almost complete FIFA 365 2017 set from Eastern Europe edition. He advertised it in german as "around 660 different stickers, without album". Heck, I tried to bid and won for a fairly good price. As usual, he sent really fast and received it today.

I went to check how many stickers were missing and which ones. To my surprise (or not, knowing how sometimes he's not careful for selling too much everyday, hence the title "hong kong seller"), I got only 647 different stickers, so in the end, missing 25 for the complete set. Not surprisingly was checking that the 25 were all from those rarer golden stickers. But no matter, I already had the idea the ones missing were those rarer stickers, but missing 12 to 25 is still quite a difference.

So I sent a message to him. Here's the (surreal) messages exchanged:

dantzig said:
I've received today this lot, but it's not 660 different stickers, it's just 647, missing these numbers:
36, 50, 79, 109, 110, 136, 152, 195, 213, 214, 248, 277, 301, 342, 385, 399, 426, 440, 468, 520, 534, 575, 589, 616, 630

Please send at least 13 of these missing, I bought this just because it was an almost complete set, missing twice than what's described is too much.

Waiting your answer.

Regards.
stickeroase said:
Hello

I had extra in the auction that it was in something so about 660 different. This can vary slightly since we have not exactly counted the stickers.

Greeting Sebastian
dantzig said:
Sebastian, this is not "slightly"... You cannot sell like this, we're talking about two times more missing stickers than you advertised... "About 660 stickers" is not nearly the same as 647 stickers, even more when all 25 stickers missing are not easy to get.

While I'm still asking politely, please solve this, it's not the first time you messed up and I always been understanding, like the last time when I revised my feedback when you asked.
stickeroase said:
Hello

In the auction is clearly indicate that it is about 660 stickers ,. I have no more stickers from this edition. "Ca" means in german that it is only an estimate how many stickers are. I am happy to meet you and reimburse you proportionately 0.38 euros. Anosten you should send the article Bitte back to me.

Greeting Sebastian
dantzig said:
You're kidding, right? Do you know math? Do you know how to round it up or down? About 660 stickers is not nearly the same as 647, even more when it's missing so many rarer stickers! Why can't you understand this? You're clearly damaging a costumer and again you don't care! Your feedback says it all! You should be more concerned in providing a proper customer service than selling so badly to earn money!

Seems you prefer to be an idiot rather than solving you own mess. With such behavior, beware of incoming negative feedbacks of people buying also this.

I'm giving you one last, FINAL CHANCE before I take proper actions against you: since you don't want to solve this case, I'm still willing to return the stickers if you refund me the shipping, because I'll also have to pay around 10€ to return them. Don't even think about making me pay the return shipping, I'm not the one who doesn't know how to count properly.
After this, I opened a case of returning the item with the reason "missing parts or pieces", which according to what I read on ebay help, is reason enough for the seller to pay for the return shipping.

Minutes later, stickeroase responds to that case with the stupid offer of refunding 38 cents for the missing 13 stickers and sending this message:

stickeroase said:
Hello

There is no more than 660 stickers in the auction. You got the article at a very scanty price and so now make a theater for 13 sticks? As I said, we gladly paid you the money for 13 stickers that would be 0.38 euros or you send the goods back to me. Since the article was delivered as specified, you would have to pay back the return.

Greeting Sebastian
So without thinking twice, I declined the ridiculous 38 cents refund and later sent this:

dantzig said:
I'm gathering all my remaining patience to explain to you, like an adult explaining to a kid, why I'm complaining.

By your loose definition of "around", it means every buyer has to be satisfied if you promise them less stickers than you should... If you sell around 500 stickers and send 480, then it's ok, because it's "just" missing 20... Problem is, every buyer is expecting at least 500 stickers and honestly, you're the first seller that when uses something as "around", it sends less stickers than the estimate advertised... If you're selling 647 stickers, then you should say at most "around 640 stickers", then buyers would be satisfied to even get 7 stickers more... But no, you're advertising a near complete set of "around" 12 stickers missing when in reality was 25... With so many sales already, you should have learned the advertising basics, how to properly do marketing and please customers... Your poor excuses and more than 100 negative feedbacks says otherwise.

Now let's focus on the numbers. It's not really the 660 vs 647. It's actually 12 vs 25. It's VERY different when it's missing around 12 stickers than missing 25 stickers, even more in this collection, when all missing stickers are rarer to get... Do you think getting 12 rare stickers is the same as getting 25 rare stickers? Even more from an non-international edition? And you want to refund a meaningless 38c for those 13 rarer stickers? There are two possibilities here: either you're completely oblivious of what you're selling (which is bad) or you're trying to make me a complete fool (which is even worse).

The return process is ongoing and you still have some days to think carefully about this. The article wasn't delivered as specified, you're hiding under some absurd loose definition of "around" and you should have realized already I'm not an idiot.
No more messages exchanged so far.

Helios

Contributor
I found this negative feedback on that item he sold:
Panini Fifa 365 "2017" fast komplett Set ca 600 verschiedene Sticker Neu (Nr.142189854083)

Auf ca600 Sticker geboten nur 416 erhalten 8€ zurück erstattet so ein mist Käufer: p***i ( 422Türkisfarbener Stern für 100 bis 499 Bewertungspunkte) In den letzten 6 Monaten Konversation hinsichtlich der Bewertung

◾Antwort von stickeroase (08.12.16 10:02):
Geld anteilig erstattet, Rücknahme Angeboten , Sorry für die Umstände.

-----
About 600 different stickers from Fifa 365 2017 offered.
Actually delivered only 416 (!) stickers.
Paid back partly comprehension of 8 euro in relation to the finishing price of the auction.
Excused for any inconvenience..

So this is not the first time something like that happens.
The conversation you had shows that the guy doesn't care at all..a power seller at it's best :-(

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Helios 600 and receive only 416... Wonderful :(

The excuses he gave to me were laughable, starting by addmitting he didn't even count the stickers! Then it was "just" a 13 stickers difference and the 38c refund, which I considered so rude, as if 38 cents would amend anything.

One thing I can also consider: would people pay the same price had they know it was 647 stickers and not "around" 660 stickers? I actually got a good auction, saw another sold for double the price, but I believe it sold so well because it was weekend, with two or more buyers fighting for it... But again, I believe it wouldn't reach such good prices if people knew it was actually missing 2x more than advertised (all gold stickers, some from the exclusive teams)... And yes, I can believe this guy could know the lot didn't have the 660 stickers.

LFC1892

Contributor
Carlos ,

I gave him negative feedback last month and won my pay pal claim from him.

To start with, since Euro 2016 he kept sending me orders missing items but kept sending the replacements after I complained to him.

The last order was FIFA365 AXL German blisters. I ordered 9 of them, received 8 only and one of them was open & missing the special card. I wrote to him and asked for a new blister or at least refund of 10 Euros to make up for the 2.

He got angry and said 10E was too much he will only give me 7E. I refused.

So I escalated to pay pal, got a full refund although I only wanted 10 Euros.

The guy has been scamming buyers to end lately, am sure you have seen his feedback.
He threatened to talk to his lawyers, so I laughed and told him to "sit on it and rotate like a whore".

Fuck him, take it to pay pal and ask for full refund as you got shafted without doing anything wrong. Good luck mate, I hope they ban scum like him from E-bay.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thank you for sharing your story, Arthur.

I also bought german blisters from him and received 7 sealed, 2 not sealed... I didn't even bother to complain, just gave him neutral at the time (I wasn't really upset for having 2 blisters opened, more because the two special cards from those not-blisters were damaged)... A week later, I got a message from him asking to revise the feedback to positive and offering 5€ refund... I accepted, but asked first why did he sent 10 packs and LEs instead of two blisters... He answered he got them like that from Panini and even though I didn't believe (he should have warned in the description), I accepted the 5€ refund and changed the feedback (that's why in me second message to him yesterday, I told him it was not nice for him to behave like that after I revised the feedback when he asked to).

There's also a story on Euro 2012 boxes, when I bought 2 sealed german boxes from him and received 200 loose packs (no mention in the description they were loose packets)... Because I wanted to open one box and keep the other sealed, I demanded him to send me a sealed box or at least, refund half of what I paid... He didn't want too, again excuses, but in the end, after some threats to open a case and get a full refund, he apologized and gave the half refund.

Still, I've opened the return item case, which is the least I'm accepting to solve this for good... He would lose both shippings money, but probably get back some of it from reselling the stickers... I really wanted to keep this lot, but if it was already tough to get 12 rarer stickers from East Europe, imagine 25.

Good thing you got all money back Arthur, not because of the money itself (sure, everyone loves free and good stuff), but a lesson to him to be a better seller (though he failed with me now and probably thousands more, as he never learn)... When a seller fails at something, there's one thing called "compensation" and this stickeroase never enforces it... I've lost time just to complain with him, then I'll lose more time just to package everything to return him the stickers... His "solution"? Refund 38c for 13 rare stickers.

LFC1892

Contributor
I'll tell you also that he asked me to reverse his feedback but I waited until pay pal made a decision.

After that I didn't do it because I wanted to teach him a lesson not to fuck about with people. Enough is enough.
I don't give a fuck if he was a power seller as someone above said, if am in the right nothing will stop me from what is my right.

You were very patient and kind to still buy from him after all them years since 2012. There are many other much better German sellers on E-bay. I wish you get all your money back for all the hassle and grief he put you through. Pay pal will side with you just make sure you don't send anything back because he might come back and say "i never received it" and you get fucked again.

Sit tight and let pay pal take care of it. Give them pictures and full description of how he scammed you of stickers. Also, mention to them it's not the first time this seller scammed you.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'll tell you also that he asked me to reverse his feedback but I waited until pay pal made a decision.

After that I didn't do it because I wanted to teach him a lesson not to fuck about with people. Enough is enough.
I don't give a fuck if he was a power seller as someone above said, if am in the right nothing will stop me from what is my right.

You were very patient and kind to still buy from him after all them years since 2012. There are many other much better German sellers on E-bay. I wish you get all your money back for all the hassle and grief he put you through. Pay pal will side with you just make sure you don't send anything back because he might come back and say "i never received it" and you get fucked again.

Sit tight and let pay pal take care of it. Give them pictures and full description of how he scammed you of stickers. Also, mention to them it's not the first time this seller scammed you.
Ahah, calm down Arthur, it's not like I'm furious with the seller... Like you, I know that when I'm right, I won't back down from disputes like this, but no need to go Rambo style and shoot everything that moves.

I bought more from him after the 2012 incident because he apologized before and he sometimes has exclusive contents at decent prices, like those 2nd german blisters (latest 9, not the first 15)... I hate getting into a fight with someone I know one day I might need something, but I can't let go these situations, even more when the seller is behaving like an idiot.

The return process I opened is exactly to send him back the stickers, you can't avoid it because it is stated in the rules that you only get the money back after the seller confirmed it has received... It will be sent tracked, so he can never say he didn't receive, though he can be a jackass and say stickers are in bad shape or missing some... Well, it could be better to open a "not as described" case indeed, don't know if I can now close the return case and open that one.

LFC1892

Contributor
Ahah, calm down Arthur, it's not like I'm furious with the seller... Like you, I know that when I'm right, I won't back down from disputes like this, but no need to go Rambo style and shoot everything that moves.

I bought more from him after the 2012 incident because he apologized before and he sometimes has exclusive contents at decent prices, like those 2nd german blisters (latest 9, not the first 15)... I hate getting into a fight with someone I know one day I might need something, but I can't let go these situations, even more when the seller is behaving like an idiot.

The return process I opened is exactly to send him back the stickers, you can't avoid it because it is stated in the rules that you only get the money back after the seller confirmed it has received... It will be sent tracked, so he can never say he didn't receive, though he can be a jackass and say stickers are in bad shape or missing some... Well, it could be better to open a "not as described" case indeed, don't know if I can now close the return case and open that one.
Mate am cool, just a passionate Scouser(we are all like that even when we discuss things). :cool:

Actually, you don't have to send him anything. You have to tell him that he has to pay for shipping ;) That's what the supervisor told me at E-bay. Most sellers do not like to refund but once they are asked to pay for return shipping they add 1+1 and figure out a refund is cheaper than paying for shipping. The lady was very nice in helping me win the case against him.

She was 100% right because when I told him that he pays for shipping as it's fault he offered me a small refund which I declined knowing pay pal will side with me. I guarantee you mate he will find an excuse to screw you over again if you send the stickers back.

Item is not as described will get you full refund because that's not what you paid for. Once escalated to pay pal as "not received" or "not as described" the protection policy kicks in for buyers.

It's up to you and your call of course but I would not trust that scumbag again. You gave the benefit of the doubt many times, you soft arse. :D