Rookie Fever Out of Control!

gaspy

Rookie fever is REALLY out of control: a guy is offering me money for a rookie sticker of FIFA 365 2021.
Just made a search on ebay and I see that there's an ongoing auction for that one, I'm curious what will be the final price o_O

DecjeNovineFan

Rookie fever is REALLY out of control: a guy is offering me money for a rookie sticker of FIFA 365 2021.
Just made a search on ebay and I see that there's an ongoing auction for that one, I'm curious what will be the final price o_O
ansu fati or ?

Anmarvel

Please, could you say who he is? I am curious about it. If you dont want to say it here, please send me a pm. Thank you

Anmarvel

I will never undestand this behavior. In Spain we have a problem with Ansu Fati. Right now it is sold out as Megacrack card (72 bis) as Adrenalyn card (71 bis).

Helios

Contributor
I received another swap request for a rookie sticker : Panini Luis Figo European championship 96 .

Things are getting complicated cause swap partners are now not asking for 1 significant sticker only.
They are camouflaging their intended goal by making an offer for other regular stickers of actual series..

To swap stickers not possible without double checking anymore :confused:

Helios

Contributor
For me, when some guy try to ask a rookie, I never answer now; or it would be "just go to hell!"
NO crime to ask for it, but it’s never a fair swap that’s offered.
Probably far too many of the ripped off collectors still haven’t realised what’s going on right now when I look at the mostly positive feedback backs those rookie hunters get.
I wrote a mail 3 weeks ago to laststicker.com team about the rookie issue but got no answer at all..:(

LFC1892

Contributor
NO crime to ask for it, but it’s never a fair swap that’s offered.
Probably far too many of the ripped off collectors still haven’t realised what’s going on right now when I look at the mostly positive feedback backs those rookie hunters get.
I wrote a mail 3 weeks ago to laststicker.com team about the rookie issue but got no answer at all..:(
You will never hear from them. That's one thing that pisses me off about them.
I'm like @Ceesmk anything looks suspicious and intended to target a particular sticker/card I don't even bother replying.

Helios

Contributor
You will never hear from them. That's one thing that pisses me off about them.
I'm like @Ceesmk anything looks suspicious and intended to target a particular sticker/card I don't even bother replying.
I understand your approach of ignoring those requests.
I don’t like being fooled and I want them to know there are people aware of what they are planning to do.
I would not go so far and leave a bad feedback though this in 1 case helped me to be warned not to agree to a swap.
Naturally the honest swapper got a bad feedback in return for blackmailing the thief in public.
That’s the sad price for helping others..

LFC1892

Contributor
I understand your approach of ignoring those requests.
I don’t like being fooled and I want them to know there are people aware of what they are planning to do.
I would not go so far and leave a bad feedback though this in 1 case helped me to be warned not to agree to a swap.
Naturally the honest swapper got a bad feedback in return for blackmailing the thief in public.
That’s the sad price for helping others..
Leaving unwarranted negative feedback for no reason is a coward's way. I don't understand people sometimes.
I had similar situations as the RC fever stickers and cards but with the UK teams cards from Euro 2020 AXL.
I got bombarded with PM from people wanting NI OR SCO OR IRE cards but they have nothing to offer in return and when I explained to them that these are tough to pull, I got angry rude responses, haha. Told them to go fuck themselves.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Leaving unwarranted negative feedback for no reason is a coward's way. I don't understand people sometimes.
I had similar situations as the RC fever stickers and cards but with the UK teams cards from Euro 2020 AXL.
I got bombarded with PM from people wanting NI OR SCO OR IRE cards but they have nothing to offer in return and when I explained to them that these are tough to pull, I got angry rude responses, haha. Told them to go fuck themselves.
I'm pretty sure your explanations were something like "yeah right, they're tough to pull and you don't have anything good to swap, so piss off bellend" :p

I don't bother answering those guys too... I did once with a serbian dude who just wanted a couple of low value Ronaldos and Messi I still left in my lists... Had them double and he had some nice stickers for me... He was actually very polite all the way, even when a part of the swap didn't went well (365 stickers with pink back, I needed with blue back).

LFC1892

Contributor
I'm pretty sure your explanations were something like "yeah right, they're tough to pull and you don't have anything good to swap, so piss off bellend" :p

I don't bother answering those guys too... I did once with a serbian dude who just wanted a couple of low value Ronaldos and Messi I still left in my lists... Had them double and he had some nice stickers for me... He was actually very polite all the way, even when a part of the swap didn't went well (365 stickers with pink back, I needed with blue back).
Haha more or less that's what I said. Bellends are bellends. End of mate. :D

I don't mind if they would actually offer something worthwhile but don't take the piss and ask for something when you don't have a pot to piss in, if ya know what I mean.

ilias

This topic was really interesting to read!
I’ve been pretty tired of this craze going on. I’ll be honest I live in America and a lot of the things most of you guys say is pretty true.

One thing is I can’t blame Panini, The reason why is because they are in the business of making money and let’s be honest our hobby isn’t what it used to be 30 years ago. The new generation is into iPhones, Video Games..etc

I know this is a temporary thing and the bubble will blow eventually because now that Panini noticed more demand you know what that means ? More production = less value = no investors

Another thing is what I want to mention is like I tel everyone, investing in stickers/cards is a bad idea. The reason why I say that is athletes get hurt all the time so that means values tend to drop. Why risk your money ?

I just hope I have no issues when the 2022 World Cup album release in Panini !!!

DecjeNovineFan

One thing is I can’t blame Panini, The reason why is because they are in the business of making money and let’s be honest our hobby isn’t what it used to be 30 years ago. The new generation is into iPhones, Video Games..etc

I know this is a temporary thing and the bubble will blow eventually because now that Panini noticed more demand you know what that means ? More production = less value = no investors
nop they are guilty 100% , because they wish to earn money on greedy way like they do it now, cant blame people do same thing, people will always try to earn money on anything if they can, this is Panini responsibility not collectors and sellers, you wrote that collecting is not same as 30 years ago that is true , who is guilty for that who change printing , who start rookie fever who advertises rookie stickers on you pages, who start selling prizm box in his shop for 200$ and rise price to 1000$ per box for few months in same shops? answer Panini .... who is guilty Panini , and imagine one more thing , after USA Panini buy firm in Italy this all starts before that sellers resell only gold badges, why they do not resell rookies 3 years ago ? because panini still not print first rookie cards and start this rookie fever, again who was guilty that resslers resell gold badges before rookie fever ...panini why ? because they dont print them as before they print badges in smaller amount to earn more money on boxes and bags , so you see trend of re-selling is change when Panini do something wrong not when people starts to sell something by them self

Last edited:

Only Good Stickers

For sure Panini is not helping the collectors and actually they make them frustrated. If it keeps going this way in the future we will have only investors and no real collectors.
I wanted to order my missing stickers Liga e Foot 2020 from Panini International but I realized that Panini removed them from the site (my guess is because people would keep ordering the rookie stickers Fati and Camavinga. Panini should instead print more of these stickers). I asked why and the reply was that the stickers I can't find on the site are sold out (obsviously not all the stickers Liga 2020 and Foot 2020 can be sold out), so now I'll have to spend more to find them other ways.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caniggia Calciatori 1
raj3sh General 0
raj3sh General 5