Rookie Fever Out of Control!

DecjeNovineFan

ok let
How nice! He wrote that you blackmailed him? Not sure if he knows what blackmail is, but what he did was like a spoiled brat.

That's also why I don't answer anymore to swaps I'm not even one bit interested, even if many deserved to be scolded... The moment there's messages from both sides, you can give feedback.

Let us know if the situation is solved with the admins, I also have a situation where I had to give a negative feedback to some guy who don't even answer my messages about not receiving his part from a swap done more than a month ago, so I'm kinda afraid if he retaliates.

EDIT: And about my situation, checked now the guy's profile and bam, a second negative feedback given by other member... and the jerk has been online almost everyday.

Avoid this idiot at all cost and I'm going to report him too: https://www.laststicker.com/user/alvarolinoo

And his address is in Tolosa, Guipuzcoa, Spain... just in case he has some other accounts.
i see you and rest of users do not like these rookie fever and you think that sticker who can buyed on panini store for 0.30 cents do not worth more then that and that stupid usa buyers buy worthless stickers ... so i will try to explain in few words,,,,

1. i agree with story that now we do not know who is real rookie some ronaldo from wc 2006 or his sticker from some country league before BUTTT that is not importnat at all
2. do you know why some stickers from 2019 or 2018 worth 20 30euro and can be buyed in panini store for 0.30 cents because USA collectors start to grade them, what that means it means that they wish get graded sticker on appraisal 10 or at least 9 , to make that they need to have 20 30 40 50 piece of same sticker and they will probably get 5-10 piece mark on 10 , 10 piece mark on 9 and rest will be on 7 and 8 .... so they need large amount of sticker they do not care for panini store and price 0.30 becaue they can buy only 1 sticker there, also they do not care about some of you have 2-3-5 piece they need more, thats wh sticker in panini store worth really 0.30 because you can buy only one, but if you have that sticker 20 30 piece then that sticker wort 20 30$ per piece because they need to grade large amount to get mark 10 or 0 from graded company.
3. what that means for last buyer in chain ,not reseller who do that grade not him i speak for last buyer in chain from USA who collect only graded items marks graded on 9 and 10 it means this; he dont wish to risk and buy 20 30 sticker on 20-30$ piece and then pay grading lost 3 months wait on that sticker to back from graded company, pay all cost to graded company , risk all , he likes more to go on ebay and buy graded sticker for 500$ thats why prices goes up and they will not stop growing as some of you here speak that is balloon, it is balloon but he will keep growing , for example doncic prizm (ok prizm is top class card) have 7000 copys and still keep price on 1500 graded on mark 10 ...
4. romantic is over money is here, you can accept that , you can hate that but that is situation right now, and in my opinion will not change for next few years, who is guilty looking on that in my opinion panini, they do all this because of money , real romantic was finish on day when they stop printing enough badges .... so you here all who attack resellers in my opinion should attack panini as they are guilty for all of this people will always try to take money on something and panini stop printing some stickers and print soccer card to get more money from collectors start all this , people just take what they can and try to earn money.
5. people from laststicker who asking you for messi and ronaldo are just stupid rats who do not understand that money is on amount not on few sticker they will get traded and earn 30-40 euro on piece , small rats who dont have 30 euro in his pockets nothing more... they do not understand that they need large amount there is no money in few stickers. ok there is . but its small money you can earn on 4-5 sticker 100-200euro its nothing

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@DecjeNovineFan thanks for letting me (us) know why some sellers buy so many rookies, but you knocked on the wrong door. It's like excusing a thief stealing a car because, poor guy, he just wanted a better car (with the proper differences... or maybe not so much).

I don't give a damn about what those "sellers" have to go through with grading. From the moment their lifestyle is to hoard as many as possible, most likely deceiving others in the process (you don't really think they are buying from Panini in bulks, right?), whatever they do next is never worse than what they already did.

Call me romantic, disconnected from the reality, whatever... I think I made my point clear about how hoarding and speculation is destroying the hobby, not about how any of us should sell their own most wanted stickers for as much as possible... Heck, I still have some good Messi stickers from my doubles and won't trade or sell for less than actual market price.

Anyway, keep in mind this: our hobby had such wonderful camaderie, even with strangers. But now, everyone is suspicious of each other, how we can't even swap a Messi, Ronaldo or Mbappé without wondering if you're being deceived when you think you're helping the other to complete. To me, that is already a colateral damage from a likely upcoming catastrophe about our hobby... it won't take long until some rookie scores two goals and the next day, his sticker is already sold out.

DecjeNovineFan

Anyway, keep in mind this: our hobby had such wonderful camaderie, even with strangers. But now, everyone is suspicious of each other, how we can't even swap a Messi, Ronaldo or Mbappé without wondering if you're being deceived when you think you're helping the other to complete. To me, that is already a colateral damage from a likely upcoming catastrophe about our hobby... it won't take long until some rookie scores two goals and the next day, his sticker is already sold out.
1. you should stop looking who asking you should looking what you will get if you think that you get something you need just trade it, you will go insaine investigating why someone wish messi or ronaldo at the end bad feedback on few of them means nothing they will not stop rookie fever that traders eaven do not earn money from rookie fever tehy to not have amount

2. panini do not sell in bulk yes, but it dosent mean they are not guilty, they stop printing enought badges in 2016 that was first time when they LIKE MONEY , then start making albums previews, road to ....more and more main albums euro and wc lose charm because of that and they do all that why? MONEY

3. then for them,,, thats wasnt enough americans buy panini and they start to make more profit they print high class soccer cards then some of sellers grade stickers because they wish pice of cake from panini :) ....

4. collecting like you speak and you like was finishing in my opinion in 1998 with iran problem they do not print england players in 2002 ireland etc etc... , , also these colours back ground making swiss gold is also taste bad they split collectors you are poor and you are rich ... there is no romantic anymore money speak now ... guilty is panini no one else attack them not some poor rats who try to trade something for messi to get 50$ in they pocket they do not have money for collecting maybe he will buy stickers with that 50$ because they are too expensive , if panini continue like they do till 1996 still will be same and we all we be enjoy in collecting but everything change, accept that

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@DecjeNovineFan Yeah, I stopped worrying the moment I took out my Messis and Ronaldos from my doubles. There, no more problems :)

I'm not sure why you're attacking Panini for something EVERYONE here criticized in the past: there are rare stickers which will eventually be sold out quicker because Panini printed less of them (and they don't let us know about it!)... Yeah, despicable action by Panini, we should complain a lot, blah blah blah... now tell me, how's it that relevant to the rookie problem? Euro 2012 shinies were rare, but guess what, they're still available in Panini! But in the same set, Ronaldo stickers are sold out... so it's Panini fault for not printing even more Ronaldos? And can say the same for dozens of players, many from recent seasons, who were quick to be sold out... So please, compare both situations and see which one is more damaging to the hobby.

Again, to be veeeeery clear: you SHOULD sell your doubles for as much as possible. Have an Euro 2004 Ronaldo sticker for sale? Go for it, sell for as much as possible! Mbappé Foot rookie? Damn, sell high and get some vacations! Agree or not, it's free market they say! But don't count me into those greedy people who buy buy buy everything they can, with situations like @Burkina2008 wrote... "oh poor me, please help me with the last stickers I need... don't mind if they're all top players, I really need them to se...... ahem, to complete my old albums! Why I need 25563 Ronaldos? Well, I have 25563 albums to complete and, by some amazing coincidence, all missing Ronaldo!".

DecjeNovineFan

@DecjeNovineFan Yeah, I stopped worrying the moment I took out my Messis and Ronaldos from my doubles. There, no more problems :)

I'm not sure why you're attacking Panini for something EVERYONE here criticized in the past: there are rare stickers which will eventually be sold out quicker because Panini printed less of them (and they don't let us know about it!)... Yeah, despicable action by Panini, we should complain a lot, blah blah blah... now tell me, how's it that relevant to the rookie problem? Euro 2012 shinies were rare, but guess what, they're still available in Panini! But in the same set, Ronaldo stickers are sold out... so it's Panini fault for not printing even more Ronaldos? And can say the same for dozens of players, many from recent seasons, who were quick to be sold out... So please, compare both situations and see which one is more damaging to the hobby.

Again, to be veeeeery clear: you SHOULD sell your doubles for as much as possible. Have an Euro 2004 Ronaldo sticker for sale? Go for it, sell for as much as possible! Mbappé Foot rookie? Damn, sell high and get some vacations! Agree or not, it's free market they say! But don't count me into those greedy people who buy buy buy everything they can, with situations like @Burkina2008 wrote... "oh poor me, please help me with the last stickers I need... don't mind if they're all top players, I really need them to se...... ahem, to complete my old albums! Why I need 25563 Ronaldos? Well, I have 25563 albums to complete and, by some amazing coincidence, all missing Ronaldo!".
1. they print some sticker less some not ....its true ok , but point is money they show people how they can earn money and thats it ...people do that will do that for 1000 years earning money when they can its not importnat what they sell

2. You can put Ronaldos out but generally it means nothing , you dont wish to trade them just move them from your lasticker offers do not looking on people who ask for them then send them feedback its insaine , i agree they are lie and they are little rats so what .,,,, who cares

3. why you then angry on people who sell them here in your posts , you told that you dont like these from LS ok i agree they lie you dont wish to be part of that , why you then angry on people who get them in bulks on places where you or any other online buyer didnt get them ? they dont affect on you at all , you can always buy in panini store and finish your album why you eaven care that someone tell you i sold 100 messi for example ? in my opinion i do not care what they do , every collector will always can buy 1 piece on panini store , also guys like you buying boxes for new collection inside you will find all you wish on global scale this rookie fever do not affect normal collector

The Americans will soon enough discover that the market for stickers is nothing like the card market. At that point the market will crash and the hoarders will end up with tons of unsalable stickers. It happened a couple of decades ago with hockey stickers, where the Americans mistook the market for a card market and burned enormous amounts of money on supposed RC stickers, which is now impossible to sell for more than 25 cents on eBay.

I have a ton of people asking for swap on LS, who only ask for these premium stickers. I decline their offers and block them. I don't hate on these people, but they are not part of the hobby I love, so I just leave them out of my swapping sphere. Don't hate the player. Hate the game!

DecjeNovineFan

The Americans will soon enough discover that the market for stickers is nothing like the card market. At that point the market will crash and the hoarders will end up with tons of unsalable stickers. It happened a couple of decades ago with hockey stickers, where the Americans mistook the market for a card market and burned enormous amounts of money on supposed RC stickers, which is now impossible to sell for more than 25 cents on eBay.

I have a ton of people asking for swap on LS, who only ask for these premium stickers. I decline their offers and block them. I don't hate on these people, but they are not part of the hobby I love, so I just leave them out of my swapping sphere. Don't hate the player. Hate the game!
1. probably will happend at the end but i think it will need at least a year till that happend because sitckers are now on grading for 1-2 months they will start to sell , i dont know how much time they need before realise that you wrote up , maybe amount of grading stickers is important if they grade too much price will go down faster. on other hand maybe they suprise us and price keep rising if USA market is large enough till they buying prizm cards maybe they keep paying for stickers

2. i think that stickers they grade they will always have some kind of value maybe not large like now but will always worth something lets say 50$ special if they get mark 9 or 10 ....as grading cost 15-20$ by itself, but stickers who left not graded will worth very low

3. just move them for LS and you do not have that questions ...easy

Last edited:
3. just move them for LS and you do not have that questions ...easy
Why would I do that? I have no issue swapping a premium sticker to stickers I need, but I refuse to swap multiples to the same person who suddenly only need premium stickers to complete his album. I refuse to change my hobby in order to comply with people, who does not share the love of the hobby that I have. Nobody gets hurt from getting blocked.

Dieter

Same here, i wouldn't mind trading a 'highly wanted rookie' sticker for some other stickers i need.
The problem is for many of us is that we wont know how to collect in the future.
Case 1: We buy boxes and don't find the suddenly new miracle rookie star inside the box, consequence panini = sold out and noone will trade. Solution => buying tons of boxes?
Case 2: We wait for a full set to buy. As mentioned some guy manages to score twice and is considered a new rookie, consequence = no full sets available
Case 3 The perfect solution: We wait until the rookie fails to make it as a player to get the stickers we're missing, or when the rookie is like 80 years old so noone remembers the guy ;)

Anmarvel

Maybe Panini is guilty about a lot of things, but it isn't guilty about rookie fever.

I think the buyers have seen or have realized how to earn more money easily, and has done it. Are they guilty about it? I dont know, but it is a big problem for those who want to complete a collection and they cannot because of a sticker or card is sold out.

In Panini, when you want to order some stickers or cards you may read " these stickers or cards are to complete your collection, not to sell" or something like this.

Last edited:
Case 3 The perfect solution: We wait until the rookie fails to make it as a player to get the stickers we're missing, or when the rookie is like 80 years old so noone remembers the guy ;)
I think all of your concerns are spot on. It will change the hobby if this continues. I will probably end up with your last solution. I already need stickers, which are 10-20 years old and sometimes I find one or two and add them to my collection.

I think our biggest concern should be with Panini. If you look at NBA or NFL cards, the crazy surge in sales and value of RC's has created an increase in price which is totally unheard of. New release of boxes that would normally sell for around $100 costs $300+ today and Panini is clearly encouraging and feeding this exclusivity. If this happens to stickers, the hobby will no longer be affordable for most of the current collectors. Imagine paying 3-4 euro for a packet of five stickers? I hope, I am wrong, but I fear that Paninis reaction to this could be seen as an opportunity to make more money, which would kill the market completely. I do believe that Panini knows their audience in Europe and I hope that I am completely wrong in fearing Panini's reaction, but it is a concern to me.

Dieter

Exactly!
We 'the collectors' (money wolves or collectors that's another discussion) created an imbalance in the collecting world.
Panini has 3 ways to react:
*They feed the current imbalance, and will make it more inbalanced. Which will create the 'new' (read American) way of collecting
*They try to couter the imbalance, which i'll doubt they'll do. Leaving prints in same amounts or reprint certain stickers.
*They actually do nothing, sit back and enjoy the show...

Personally i think they'll go for option 3 ;) they're italians after all (not my intention to be disrespectfull here)

*They try to couter the imbalance, which i'll doubt they'll do. Leaving prints in same amounts or reprint certain stickers.
I am not sure, but it seems that they have reprinted more of the Austria 19/20 stickers, since they are available everywhere in big quantities again. Don't know whether that is just a coincidence, but if they print more stickers, then I am all for it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I am not sure, but it seems that they have reprinted more of the Austria 19/20 stickers, since they are available everywhere in big quantities again. Don't know whether that is just a coincidence, but if they print more stickers, then I am all for it.
Based on what I've been told, it seems Panini reprints stickers if they are sold out within the first year... not sure if this is true, but seems so and it's a small good news in this "battle"... Too bad Topps doesn't do the same, their Haaland CL sticker has been sold out for months and no sign they are even bothered by that.

Based on what I've been told, it seems Panini reprints stickers if they are sold out within the first year... not sure if this is true, but seems so and it's a small good news in this "battle"
That will make a huge difference for the sticker collectors. The US card market only exist due to limited printing because of the expensive licensing agreements. If Panini prints in huge numbers, there is no way the sticker market won't crash very soon because of the extremely high supply. That is very good news.

DecjeNovineFan

mbappe foot 2016 last auction graded on 9,5 goes for 3,500$ near price of munchen 74 set LOL

haland 2020 graded on 10 goes for 1500$ insaine

Last edited:

DecjeNovineFan

That will make a huge difference for the sticker collectors. The US card market only exist due to limited printing because of the expensive licensing agreements. If Panini prints in huge numbers, there is no way the sticker market won't crash very soon because of the extremely high supply. That is very good news.
i dont think they will print all sticker special will not print pre 2018 maybe some of new yes but again not all maybe few collection

DecjeNovineFan

This is what i speaking, look how Panini advertise Haland rookie sticker in box section, this is why i told up they are guilty

Product information "Bundesliga Austria 2019/2020 - Box *"
The sticker collection for the 2019/2020 season of the Austrian Bundesliga!
The ball rolls over Austria's playing fields and beyond. This season the Bundesliga clubs want to reap what has been sown in recent years through the courageous decision to reform the league and the positive European Cup results. International tours across Europe are more prominent than ever, because as many Austrian clubs as this year have never been represented in the UEFA group stages. The whole of football Austria is keeping its fingers crossed that this tour will continue next spring. All those clubs that are not represented internationally this year can direct their entire focus to the Tipico Bundesliga. Because in the domestic league it will be more exciting and intense than ever. The first season in the new league mode has been played and the experiences are being converted into strategies by the clubs, to lead them into the master group. At the end of a highly contested triumphal procession, international start tickets and the golden championship plate of the Tipico Bundesliga await.
The Bundesliga Austria 2019/20 sticker collection gives you the chance to get the coveted Panini Rookie sticker from BVB star Erling Haaland! The Norwegian was still chasing goals for FC Salzburg in the first half of the season and is accordingly represented in this collection. Since this is the top striker's first Panini sticker, it is in great demand with collectors!

Last edited:

LFC1892

Contributor
I said it earlier it was Panini America who started this "RC" bollocks with their Prizm Premier League release last season 19/20.

They are the ones who made people pay attention to the so called "Rookie" card.
People are like sheep they just follow.

DecjeNovineFan

I said it earlier it was Panini America who started this "RC" bollocks with their Prizm Premier League release last season 19/20.

They are the ones who made people pay attention to the so called "Rookie" card.
People are like sheep they just follow.
as i know panini america is panini, american firm buy panini from modena, my friend was there last year and he wish to go to factory shop in modena and shop was close because americans buy them right then and they close factory i think on 1 month and shop dosn't work because of that, amercians is always about money so they probably buy complete brand and know that they will take money on soccer cards they probably go in that bussines because they wish to earn money on that, as i said all is about money its not problem in people , people will always take chance to earn money problem is in Panini , hoby collecting as we know start die at the start od 2000 and die in 2016 when they stop print same amount of badges , this story with panini america only is end of hoby as we know thats my point and will never be same again , never ....remember what i wrote

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caniggia Calciatori 1
raj3sh General 0
raj3sh General 5