Rookie Fever Out of Control!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You mean his sticker in FIFA 365 2020`? The sticker which he is with mata on one sticker? Was the release of Fifa 365 2020 before Football 2020?
BR
Yes, I think the real rookie sticker is that one. FIFA 365 2020 was released early, around September I think... Football 2020 was only released in December.

Doesn't matter now, seems many don't care to spend a lot, as long it's a first something.

FCWORLD

The whole rookie thing is a joke, unfortunately its not only Asian and Americans, theres also plenty of UK "investors" at it as well. One on twitter seems to be the font of all knowledge advising people who to buy from his extensive knowledge which is that extensive he overlooked the fact he could go straight to Panini to buy a Greenwood sticker and instead spent a few hundred quid buying boxes of them!!

They don't like Adrenalyn or Match Attax cards as they're not glossy enough for them and because Panini or Topps put RC on the flashy cards thats what the "hobby" declares to be the rookie, forget the fact that Adama Traore for one has been to Villa and Middlesbrough and has a Match Attax card for villa and that Billy Sharp is about 35 ? and has numerous cards but they don't count as they're cheap Match Attax and no-one knows what a Match Attax Card is according to these oh wise ones.

It seems now any spare box of cards for sale has to be snapped up and opened to see what card or cards they can announce to the world is in there and turn a 30p card into a £20 card. On one hand you can say who wouldn't do it? but then as collectors some couldn't care less about it being a rookie they just want to actually collect.

I think there will be some red faces in a few years when they try to sell some of these cards and stickers they have paid so much for and they end up letting them go for about a quarter of what they paid, I honestly look forward to it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Am I wrong or this rookie fever is dying a bit, as predicted? Checking now some ebay auctions ending, one austrian bundesliga Haaland was sold for base price (some twat paying 80€), Greenwood not even sold (start price was £25).

This pandemic really affected the brains of some, maybe returning slowly to routine will also make collections return to normal.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Am I wrong or this rookie fever is dying a bit, as predicted? Checking now some ebay auctions ending, one austrian bundesliga Haaland was sold for base price (some twat paying 80€), Greenwood not even sold (start price was £25).

This pandemic really affected the brains of some, maybe returning slowly to routine will also make collections return to normal.
And on the other hand, one thing NOT returning to normal will be 2006 World Cup sticker boxes... Since July or so, when many realized Messi and Ronaldo stickers are out of stock in Panini, boxes have almost doubled the price.

I'm seeing much more people now asking for those boxes and yes, the same leechers... Not sure if it's even worth to buy a box for over 100€ where it's NOT GUARANTEED to have Messi and Ronaldo (set is 597 stickers, a box usually had 400 and so different stickers, because USA, Netherlands and some badges come out too much).

Good times where I bought one full box for around 20/25€ and it was to really complete a set :p

D8ct9r

And on the other hand, one thing NOT returning to normal will be 2006 World Cup sticker boxes... Since July or so, when many realized Messi and Ronaldo stickers are out of stock in Panini, boxes have almost doubled the price.

I'm seeing much more people now asking for those boxes and yes, the same leechers... Not sure if it's even worth to buy a box for over 100€ where it's NOT GUARANTEED to have Messi and Ronaldo (set is 597 stickers, a box usually had 400 and so different stickers, because USA, Netherlands and some badges come out too much).

Good times where I bought one full box for around 20/25€ and it was to really complete a set :p
More expensive boxes will be the exact result of this "Rookie Fever", but in a longer time frame complete sets will also push up in price..

It's not "normal" to pay 65 EUR for complete Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Swiss Gold Editon, but a the same time 35 EUR for Mbappe (it's not normal for one different reason, but lets no leave more information online for the benefit of resellers), similar with FIFA 365 2020 and Greenwood for example, or something like that.

I'm not up to date on domestic league collections to know if similar discrepancies exist.

CSKA Sofia Forever

2 additions to this "rookie" insanity: Ibrahimovic from 2002 World Cup and the triple Beckham/Ibrahimovic/Ronaldo sticker from the 2006 World Cup mini collection. This is sick!

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just a short recovery period until Gary Vaynerchuk posts his next "Invest in sportscards" video... ;)
Like I wrote before, this will only end (or considerably slow down) when publishers also fight back, which they don't seem to care much.

lol i just sol 100 piece of 397 to USA sick price
Good for you BalkanTwat. Farewell.

2 additions to this "rookie" insanity: Ibrahimovic from 2002 World Cup and the triple Beckham/Ibrahimovic/Ronaldo sticker from the 2006 World Cup mini collection. This is sick!
There are so many now that I'm certain this pandemic affected more the brains than the lungs.

VladeNV

Older members knowing me as a admin of a "Stickerpedia" where I publish lot of stickers and according to my knowledge and researches this is Pele rookie sticker/card. This is his sticker from 1957 which is according to the internet his second season a professional footballer.
Here is a full story written on a Portuguese language:

How much this sticker is worth?

Last edited:

Ceesmk

Unfortunately not sure..

1597966396500.png

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Older members knowing me as a admin of a "Stickerpedia" where I publish lot of stickers and according to my knowledge and researches this is Pele rookie sticker/card. This is his sticker from 1957 which is according to internet his second season a professional footballer.
Here is a full story written on a Portuguese language:

How much this sticker is worth?
If anyone has it unstuck... possibly thousands?

Unfortunately not sure..

View attachment 16212
But that I can "forgive", it's indeed the real Mbappé rookie and it's been like that for years, searching for the first sticker of ALL collections and not the first of EVERY collection... Now the values are much more expensive, of course.

Now everyone check this:

I'm "advertising" this idiot because I know who he is, always wandering in social media groups, searching for some naive guys, playing the "poor" guy who just wants to collect at "fair prices"... He's shameless, always asking for bargains but if necessary, next day he'll sell for much higher in the previous owner face... He doesn't mind deceiving others to earn even 1€ more.

This one and that BalkanTwat above are just a small example of despicable human greed. I also happen to know a good friend of mine is being "blackmailed" by another because that guy wanted something back for around the same price that he sold him for X price and it's now much more valuable (at least 5x more valuable) due to this recent madness. It's a sick, dog eat dog world.

But it's both Panini and Topps fault too, for playing along. Even now with the new FIFA 365 2021 Adrenalyn, Panini is advertising a lot the promising players like Haaland, Félix or Ansu Fati, all with limited editions too.

Ceesmk

I know this seller too; 50 USD for the MBappé sticker from the blue Euro 2020 Preview album, what a very good price!

Anmarvel

This seller has this sticker ---- Mata and Greenwood, FIFA 365, Manchester United 2019-2020. He sells it by 130$ and I bought a month ago in Panini store by 0,40 €. I think people are crazy if they pay these prices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caniggia Calciatori 1
raj3sh General 0
raj3sh General 5