Rookie Fever Out of Control!

Jamiepr74

I’ve been collecting for 40 years, and I don’t want to feel like I am being pushed away from collecting because of pure greed and selfishness.

It’s not going to get any easier - look how the price of Bundesliga boxes increased just on the strength of THAT Haaland sticker!!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I’ve been collecting for 40 years, and I don’t want to feel like I am being pushed away from collecting because of pure greed and selfishness.

It’s not going to get any easier - look how the price of Bundesliga boxes increased just on the strength of THAT Haaland sticker!!
Yeah, we're basically being deprived of collecting older sets just because of one/two stickers.

UCL 19/20: Haaland
UCL 17/18: Mbappé
Euro 2004: Ronaldo
WC 2006: Ronaldo + Messi (some more, but not sought as these two)
WC 2018 Gold: Ronaldo + Messi + Mbappé
Futebol 2018/19: João Félix
Foot 16/17: Mbappé
Calciatori 18/19: Zaniolo/Tonali
Liga Este 19/20: Ansu Fati (cards too)

And these are the only ones I remember now... There are some in danger too, like regular WC 2018 (similar to Gold, but more of Mbappé), Austrian Bundesliga 19/20 (Haaland), Foot 19/20 (Camavinga), Premier League 19/20 (Greenwood, Martinelli, couple more).

I'll say again: the only way to fight back is for both Panini and Topps to flood the market with these stickers, at least keep on printing the current seasons. I'm certain at some point, those greedy idiots will realize that maybe hoarding these stickers is not as valuable as they thought.

Anmarvel

In Spain, people are going crazy with Pedri, FC Barcelona, and Musah, Valencia CF.
And my questions are: who are these footballers? Have they won the world championship or european championship? People are paying some money for a sticker or card of a player who, nowadays, are only footballers, nothing more.

Ole

Yeah, we're basically being deprived of collecting older sets just because of one/two stickers.

UCL 19/20: Haaland
UCL 17/18: Mbappé
Euro 2004: Ronaldo
WC 2006: Ronaldo + Messi (some more, but not sought as these two)
WC 2018 Gold: Ronaldo + Messi + Mbappé
Futebol 2018/19: João Félix
Foot 16/17: Mbappé
Calciatori 18/19: Zaniolo/Tonali
Liga Este 19/20: Ansu Fati (cards too)
You shouldn't provide such a simple template to the greedy ones. ;)

DecjeNovineFan

i think he sell m74 copys stickers as original, once i ask that here on forum but my friend told me that there is Swiss seller who have almost perfect m74 copys ... probably its him i must ask firend who told me that few years ago

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Incredible isn't it, very sad to see people profiteering from Maradona's death.

I've been tidying up my collection and have been selling Football 87 spares as a BUY NOW on eBay and I didn't realise I had two stickers of an action shot (cut-outs) of him in my listing. Both went for 99p yesterday and it only dawned on me this morning when the second one went. The first I thought was a coincidence that someone needed Maradona, but when the second one went hours later I realised there was more to it.

Rest in peace Maradona, you provided millions of people much needed entertainment for so many years across the world.

VladeNV

So what is Maradona "rookie" World Cup sticker. This one from Panini or one from 1978 published by FKS in Argentina?

Anmarvel

In the short or medium term, this f.ck rookie fever will turn against us and against the new generations of real collectors.

Burkina2008

I basically decided to give up on collecting. I just miss some WC70 cards, but I am not collecting anything issued since the summer nor will I collect anything after that

I have another hobby which is much broader and expensive (banknotes) and I will stick to that since its a market that exists for many decades and where supply is not dependent on the decisions of one "producer"

Also I got pissed of because that clown from Laststicker got my feedback removed while I kept his bad unfair feedback. Basically laststicker supports market speculators and crooks

Ceesmk

Saliba moved to Arsenal during summertime but never played for the Gunners because he's not finally a future star... He only has less than 40 matches in French Ligue 1 since 2018...

1606686300582.png

Ceesmk

I bought a complete set for the English Premier League 2021 on Ebay
"Unfortunately", the seller made a mistake and didn't send number 370; he joined number 570 between 369 and 371. For the rest, I saw that everything was all right, and I didn't tell to him that this sticker was missing. I really thought it was a mistake.
But...it"s Curtis Jones Rookie sticker...8 GBP on Ebay now....I will wait to make an order in Panini...

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caniggia Calciatori 1
raj3sh General 0
raj3sh General 5