Rookie Fever Out of Control!

ilias

I agree with a lot of things you said. I think a big part of it to blame is Panini America. The business tactic they have is sell rookies and limited cards.
Panini Modena is trying to keep up with demand. I personally don’t like they keep reprinting stickers because of the quality isn’t great as the first batch.

Anmarvel

For sure Panini is not helping the collectors and actually they make them frustrated. If it keeps going this way in the future we will have only investors and no real collectors.
I wanted to order my missing stickers Liga e Foot 2020 from Panini International but I realized that Panini removed them from the site (my guess is because people would keep ordering the rookie stickers Fati and Camavinga. Panini should instead print more of these stickers). I asked why and the reply was that the stickers I can't find on the site are sold out (obsviously not all the stickers Liga 2020 and Foot 2020 can be sold out), so now I'll have to spend more to find them other ways.
From Foot 2020 I need 4-6 stickers and they are Spanish players: Cesc, Bernat, Sarabia and Ander Herrera., maybe others stickers with these players. None is a rookie sticker. The new fuc.ing way to earn some money easily, is fu..ing the true collectors. And some persons say that Panini is guilty of this situation.

LFC1892

Contributor
Keep an eye on young American Reyna from Dortmund.

His prices already going up no thanks to American group breakers.

claudio7788

From Foot 2020 I need 4-6 stickers and they are Spanish players: Cesc, Bernat, Sarabia and Ander Herrera., maybe others stickers with these players. None is a rookie sticker. The new fuc.ing way to earn some money easily, is fu..ing the true collectors. And some persons say that Panini is guilty of this situation.
I have some doubles of Foot 2020, perhaps I can help you. Write me a message with the numbers you are looking for

DecjeNovineFan

For sure Panini is not helping the collectors and actually they make them frustrated. If it keeps going this way in the future we will have only investors and no real collectors.
I wanted to order my missing stickers Liga e Foot 2020 from Panini International but I realized that Panini removed them from the site (my guess is because people would keep ordering the rookie stickers Fati and Camavinga. Panini should instead print more of these stickers). I asked why and the reply was that the stickers I can't find on the site are sold out (obsviously not all the stickers Liga 2020 and Foot 2020 can be sold out), so now I'll have to spend more to find them other ways.
i will agree with your point and panini is not on collectors side but its not from yesterday it starts i think in 2014 when you can't complete set with one box old years from 80s till 2014 you can complete set with one or two box, then in 2016 its not enough so they print less badges , 2018 too , and now rookie fever.
About reprint I think they will never print them example iz Haland from bundesliga they know its rare and they do not print him again, they eaven sell boxes and say on page that you have chance to get rare Haland ))))

i will agree with your point and panini is not on collectors side but its not from yesterday it starts i think in 2014 when you can't complete set with one box old years from 80s till 2014 you can complete set with one or two box, then in 2016 its not enough so they print less badges , 2018 too , and now rookie fever.
About reprint I think they will never print them example iz Haland from bundesliga they know its rare and they do not print him again, they eaven sell boxes and say on page that you have chance to get rare Haland ))))
For the ultimate madness in rookie cards/stickers, one eBay seller in Nottingham, UK has a Roger Federer for £999,000, a Mike Tyson uncut six sticker sheet for £179,999 and a Messi sticker for £110,000. Those figures are not mistyped. All the noughts are correct. The crazy thing is, they seem to be selling a lot of their items. Not at those prices but certainly at prices that most of us would consider to be outrageous.

Ceesmk

For the ultimate madness in rookie cards/stickers, one eBay seller in Nottingham, UK has a Roger Federer for £999,000, a Mike Tyson uncut six sticker sheet for £179,999 and a Messi sticker for £110,000. Those figures are not mistyped. All the noughts are correct. The crazy thing is, they seem to be selling a lot of their items. Not at those prices but certainly at prices that most of us would consider to be outrageous.
And the Panini "Official Football Cards 93" Zidane for around 33.000 Euros: stupid, nobody doesn't care about this collection in France.

DecjeNovineFan

And the Panini "Official Football Cards 93" Zidane for around 33.000 Euros: stupid, nobody doesn't care about this collection in France.
i dont know why some workers who work in panini shop does not buy mbappe foot 2016 2017 and ressell each goes on 3 000 on grade 10 haha

DecjeNovineFan

I try to sort today 10 boxes of bundesliga 2019 austria i have, one more proof that panini is guilty for all this, 10 box and i dont have complete set in first set i miss 5-6 stickers must check exactly :))) so look at this greed in 2020 from panini 10 boxes 425 euro no complete set haha , in 2010 or before you will complete set from 2 boxes , and in same time they don't allow to buy in shop 10 piece of same stickers and local distributor have same thing they can lose contract if sell to one person 10 piece of one number, why? because Panini need to earn more money on resell they are number 1 reseller , why panini don't print for example 1 million stickers of each number and allow in your shop that on person can buy 20 30 for 30 cents ... no one will resseler bacause every sticeker will have psihical value ...panini print like that till middle of 90s also in 2000 -2012 , then they decide to destroy collecting, why i wrote this because people on forums like this still live in that time , time is change in everything and panini is change collecting for us ... so accept these things and go on or wrote to panini and regret to them , do not track every small rat on last sticker or play detective who resell or not they just resell as panini enable that for them.

Last edited:

Only Good Stickers

i dont know why some workers who work in panini shop does not buy mbappe foot 2016 2017 and ressell each goes on 3 000 on grade 10 haha
That's what I'm fear it's happening. They didn't add the possibility to buy stickers from Austria Bundesliga 2020 (with Haaland) on Panini International), like they did for the previous years. And now they removed stickers from Liga and Foot 2020 (once they realized rookie stickers were going for crazy price on Ebay).
I think Panini is well aware of the rookie situation and they are taking advantage of that.

DecjeNovineFan

That's what I'm fear it's happening. They didn't add the possibility to buy stickers from Austria Bundesliga 2020 (with Haaland) on Panini International), like they did for the previous years. And now they removed stickers from Liga and Foot 2020. In the meanwhile these stickers are going for hundreds euros on Ebay.
I think Panini is well aware of the rookie situation and they are taking advantage of that.
for sure some of panini workers are in this , they can earn month payment on 1 sticker

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Keep an eye on young American Reyna from Dortmund.

His prices already going up no thanks to American group breakers.
Currently every trendy youngster is susceptible to be sold out quickly, even more if it's someone related to America... Funny, when I got Reyna in the MA set, I looked at him and said "oh, I don't know this guy, but he sure looks like Claudio's son".

Here in Portugal, with the release of portuguese league, many are already hoarding players like Fábio Vieira, Darwin Nuñez and half Sporting team (very proud of the team now, many from the academy, which was always in Sporting genesis)... Like one day after the release, I saw already one guy trying to sell a Nuno Mendes sticker (beware of this guy, for me the hottest prospect now in portuguese league) for 20€.

LFC1892

Contributor
Currently every trendy youngster is susceptible to be sold out quickly, even more if it's someone related to America... Funny, when I got Reyna in the MA set, I looked at him and said "oh, I don't know this guy, but he sure looks like Claudio's son".

Here in Portugal, with the release of portuguese league, many are already hoarding players like Fábio Vieira, Darwin Nuñez and half Sporting team (very proud of the team now, many from the academy, which was always in Sporting genesis)... Like one day after the release, I saw already one guy trying to sell a Nuno Mendes sticker (beware of this guy, for me the hottest prospect now in portuguese league) for 20€.
Once the American market explodes with Rayna the Asian will slowly follow. Many Asian "collectors" will buy then sell thus his price will continue to go up. Not surprised in Portugal it's already starting with home grown players. It's a shame because it's turning some collectors into greedy sellers who only want to make a profit out of it.

Jamiepr74

Once the American market explodes with Rayna the Asian will slowly follow. Many Asian "collectors" will buy then sell thus his price will continue to go up. Not surprised in Portugal it's already starting with home grown players. It's a shame because it's turning some collectors into greedy sellers who only want to make a profit out of it.
Wankers.....

Only Good Stickers

Does not make much sense too me. Most of the rookies will have an average career,only one over a million becomes Mbappé or Ronaldo.
Take for example Renato Sanches, after Euro 2016 he was considered one of the biggest promises. Now he is no one.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just saw one guy proudly displaying his "rookie hunt" from portuguese league stickers:
1605977285142.png

If we all do this, it's easy to imagine what will happen in the near future... But greed above everything, of course!

Another nail in the collecting coffin. Pretty sure these stickers will be sold out quickly when Panini let you order these stickers and won't take long till a lovely hobby of decades gets ruined in months.

Dieter

That's exactly what i thought would happen. I wrote earlier that collecting in the future will be a b*tch. No trades,full sets etc possible

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caniggia Calciatori 1
raj3sh General 0
raj3sh General 5