• NETHERLANDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GERMANY

• BELGIUM

• DENMARK

• TEAM THAT IS NOT ONE OF THE FAVORITES (name in comment)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Vortep

Who do you think will win the Tournament (not who you WANT!)?

Also I post the Play-Offs so we can predict the scores:

PATH A:
Wales vs. Finland
Poland vs. Estonia

PATH B:
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs. Ukraine
Israel vs. Iceland

PATH C:
Georgia vs. Luxembourg
Greece vs. Kazakhstan

HERE IS THE GROUP STAGE:

GROUP A:
Germany
Scotland
Hungary
Switzerland

GROUP B:
Spain
Croatia
Italy
Albania

GROUP C:
Slovenia
Denmark
Serbia
England

GROUP D:
Play-Off Winner A
Netherlands
Austria
France

GROUP E:
Belgium
Slovakia
Romania
Play-Off Winner B

GROUP F:
Turkey
Play-Off Winner C
Portugal
Czech Republic

* For the poll I will name the official favorites to win only. I will have an option you think other team will win.

PS: Also name which underdog team you will be rooting for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vortep

I will start with the big one: I think England will finally win a big tournament. I hope they don't. I do not like them! I hope Germany wins, but they are so tragic, it will be a triumph if they pass the group stage.

My Early December predictions:

PATH A:
Wales vs. Finland ... 1:0
Poland vs. Estonia ... 2:0

Wales - Poland ... 2:1

PATH B:
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs. Ukraine ... 0:2
Israel vs. Iceland ... 1:0

Ukraine - Israel ... 2:1

PATH C:
Georgia vs. Luxembourg ... 2:1
Greece vs. Kazakhstan ... 1:2

Georgia - Kazakhstan ... 2:1

HERE IS THE GROUP STAGE:

GROUP A:
Germany
Scotland
Hungary
Switzerland

- Germany will qualify as one of the best two teams. But who will go with them is a mystery. For me Scotland, Hungary and Switzerland are all equal. Everything goes!

GROUP B:
Spain
Croatia
Italy
Albania

- Spain will win the group, they are just too good. It will be between Croatia and Italy to battle for the second place. Maybe one of them will be of the best third placed teams?

GROUP C:
Slovenia
Denmark
Serbia
England

- Yeah... England is winning this group. I'm guessing Denmark will be the favorite for the second place, but Serbia are tough. Slovenia are the outsiders, and if they manage to qualify will be big surprise for me.

GROUP D:
Play-Off Winner A
Netherlands
Austria
France

- I'm guessing France and Netherlands will take the first two places. Austria are tough and will not give up without a fight tough.

GROUP E:
Belgium
Slovakia
Romania
Play-Off Winner B

- Belgium are the favorites of this group. As for the second place. If Ukraine qualify via the play-offs, I think they will be the second placed team. Slovakia and Romania are equal and will be interesting.

GROUP F:
Turkey
Play-Off Winner C
Portugal
Czech Republic

- Portugal is wining this group. As for the second place? I believe Turkey will edge out the Czechs, but who knows.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just to note that the official thread for sticker collection is still this one (and maybe it'll keep that way, it's interesting to see all the process since first rumours till the end), but it's good to have one thread inquiring who people think will win the competition... offtopic section seems appropriate too.

Anyway, half a year to go, many things can change until then, such as crucial injuries taking out key players... So currently, I'd say England, France and Portugal have the best chances... And to break the tie, I will say Portugal, because not only is my country but also I'm not seeing any team better than us now.

Although there are two things that make me doubt Portugal: how Martinez will handle the superstar team, because with Belgium he also had amazing qualifiers but failed in some key point + also how portuguese players will handle the pressure, particularly if we start losing in some do-or-die match (Portugal is not great to recover, I can't recall any comeback).

As for the playoffs, I choose Poland (Lewa will "unscrew" that qualifying stain), Israel (kinda doubtful here with Ukraine but I think their winning mentality is rising) and Greece (it's the obvious choice for me, but Kvara can ruin everything).

Vortep

Let's do some fun discussion - of the outsiders, which team do you root for to be the tournament surprise?

Mine is Romania. I loved them in the 90s with Gheorghe Hagi. They were a fantastic team and played in all the major tournaments. For the past 20 years, they have been a hit and miss. They last played at Euro 2016, where they finished last in their group.

I liked them in this qualifications, and will be rooting for them for at least a Round of 16. They are in a group with Belgium, Slovakia and the winner between Bosnia, Ukraine, Iceland and Israel. They have a shot at qualifying past the group.