Panini WWC Germany 2011

Ceesmk

I'm looking for the same sticker^^ I've got the complete album but I still need the REWE booklet and the number 9.

Dieter

Another hole in my collection... :d
I found a booklet with all the stickers stuck inside with the correct number 9, so i guess i'll buy that one, doesn't seem possible to get a seperate set and empty booklet.

Last edited:

D8ct9r

I finally managed to find more information about REWE/DB set, which might be interesting for some of you.

Basically Rewe organized a kind of lottery play where a customer would receive a packet of stickers (red packet that can still be bought on eBay and contains one sticker form 2011 WM collection and one special sticker – Stadium or eCupon) after spending 10 EUR in REWE store. The lottery was in effect for one month (between 20.6.2011 and 16.7.2011).

The most common award was 10 EUR eCupon (a discount for when one would buy a ticket at Deutsche Bahn), which was present in 6.2 million packets. Anybody that collected all 9 stadiums and send them to Deutsche Bahn within that month would have received a free-ride with Deutsche Bahn and I guess went into a draw for other awards that was less common (picture below).

According to this source (http://ue-ei-portal.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=9741) Stadium number 9 was always the most rare - obviously they never intended to pay out all the prizes :D

It is now clear that it was never intended for everybody to collect all 9 stadiums, because it was a lottery game, where stickers were like lottery tickets and Sticker Number 9 is the one that was in fact distributed in just a few copies.

Majority of these stickers were never in the hands of Panini collectors, but in the hands of common people, which, if they were lucky enough, hopefully spent them for a free train ride.

Source: http://www.sparblog.com/gutscheine/rewe-und-deutsche-bahn-starten-frauen-wm-gewinnspiel-mit-sofortgewinne/#

http://www.presseportal.de/pm/52007/2064597

Attachments

G

Garuda

A sealed Women´s box from 2011 for only 38€ is really unbelievable, congratulations for this smart find!

One thing about the Frankfurt stadium card of the Panini / Rewe edition: this card was the "Joker" and it was only printed about 100.000 times while all other cards of this edition had been released many millions of times. The full booklet could be swapped against a free Ticket of Deutsche Bahn with free choice of destination in whole Germany. That´s why almost all people who hold this card at that time swapped it against the free ticket (comparable with the Chilean Jabulani E sticker of 2010 but this sticker was even much much rarer than the Rewe Nr. 9 sticker, one guy from Chile told me that this sticker got sold in auction for 500$ already in 2013..). Crazy Panini World! ^^

Dieter

Btw, for who might be interested i found a site where you can buy a full 2011 set and empty album for 200 euro. imo a good price atm.

can someone help me to write the list of "difficult" stickers which you can't order through Panini ? How many are they ?
so far I've got 29 listed but someone in this thread mentioned 30 stickers.
6-20-21-27-29-46-47-60-61-67
102-124-155-156-157-158-178-197-216-224
225-226-292-311-324-329-330-331

thanks in advance.

G

Garuda

Abby Erceg (NZL - Nr. 125) is missing in your list. But it´s just a minor rare sticker which can currently being found for about 5€.

Angerer (28) and Ebi (68) are also called rare stickers but these numbers can still being ordered on the German Panini site (the other 30 stickers can´t).

G

Garuda

You are welcome. And thanks for the flowers but actually i´m just an ordinary collector.

However, i could offer most of the 30 rare stickers for swap if someone got any other rare Euro/WC stuff like extra stickers, spin-off editions etc.

Maybe also the 9 Rewe stadium cards + poster but this set (specially the Frankfurt stadium card) is already quite difficult.

The last of these Rewe sets + poster for one of my swap partners from Mexico had a rate of about 50 EUR.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
can someone help me to write the list of "difficult" stickers which you can't order through Panini ? How many are they ?
so far I've got 29 listed but someone in this thread mentioned 30 stickers.
6-20-21-27-29-46-47-60-61-67
102-124-155-156-157-158-178-197-216-224
225-226-292-311-324-329-330-331

thanks in advance.
Actually you have 28 stickers in that list, missed the 125 Garuda mentioned and also number 4.

Another question : If you buy a box , are these stickers rare or they are simply distributed the same way in the boxes but then cannot be ordered via panini site ?

G

Garuda

These stickers are definitely rare, also in the boxes. I opened some boxes with each 50 bags some years ago and only found between 11 and 13 rare stickers each box.

Some of the rare stickers were not included in boxes at all, i remind f.e. Desiree Scott (61) and Natalia Gaitan (225).

So if anybody still has some open boxes it´s really recommended to keep them closed due to the higher value.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
These stickers are definitely rare, also in the boxes. I opened some boxes with each 50 bags some years ago and only found between 11 and 13 rare stickers each box.

Some of the rare stickers were not included in boxes at all, i remind f.e. Desiree Scott (61) and Natalia Gaitan (225).

So if anybody still has some open boxes it´s really recommended to keep them closed due to the higher value.
And do you have any idea what the hell happened here? I know it was a low print collection, but this was beyond ridiculous.

Assuming there was no robbery on Panini factory, I have to say whoever was in charge to plan how many stickers should appear in each uncut printed sheet, made an incredible mistake (and unfortunately, on purpose)... Just an example: there are 24 shinies, of which 8 are much rarer than the other 16... I believe these stickers are the smallest size used by Panini, same as WC 2014, Euro 2016, etc, so each sheet has space for 200 stickers... I know also Panini prints sheets based on the material used, so there was for sure a shiny sheet with all 24 shinies, where each shiny is placed several times in every sheet.

Therefore, it would be normal to have all 24 stickers printed equally, right (or at least try to, since 200 is not multiple of 24)? But no, judging from some past experiences, Panini has gone for simple and uneven math, something like:

16 easier shinies appear 10 times in the sheet, so 160 stickers.
8 tougher shinies appear 5 times in the sheet, so 40 stickers.

This gives the 200 stickers and Panini never changes the sheet... So this means the rarest 8 stickers are 2x more difficult to get.

Same approach for the normal stickers, the 22 normal more tougher to get were probably placed less in some sheet than the remaining 290.

G

Garuda

Honestly i have no idea. It was (as you said) a similar tendency visible at other editions like WWC 2015 or Euro 2016 but not that strange.

These 30 stickers are out of order at the German Panini shop already since more than 3 years (when i remind it right) and i suppose that the rarer WWC 15 badges will take a similar development. The next rare sticker of WWC 2011 will probably become the misprint of Nr. 214 as this misprint sticker was not selectable in the Panini shop either.

Panini is always emphasising that all stickers are available in the same quantity but sometimes this is just hard to believe.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Honestly i have no idea. It was (as you said) a similar tendency visible at other editions like WWC 2015 or Euro 2016 but not that strange.

These 30 stickers are out of order at the German Panini shop already since more than 3 years (when i remind it right) and i suppose that the rarer WWC 15 badges will take a similar development. The next rare sticker of WWC 2011 will probably become the misprint of Nr. 214 as this misprint sticker was not selectable in the Panini shop either.

Panini is always emphasising that all stickers are available in the same quantity but sometimes this is just hard to believe.
Actually, you reminded me I did the same calculations for WWC 2015 and it was exactly same print as this 2011 set:

Easier shinies: 11, printed 10 each per sheet... So 11 x 10 = 110
Hardest shinies: 18, printed 5 each per sheet... So 18 x 5 = 90
Total = 200, again easier shinies are printed 2x more than the hardest shinies.

Coincidences? Yeah right... I really would like to meet who decides how many times each sticker is printed in every 200-sticker sheet, because it can't be an honest person (or group) that decides this... They should be forced to print a sheet with those 18 shinies.

When the size of stickers are like this, Panini always print 200-sticker sheets, so if we talk about shinies, there's no way all shinies had the same amount printed, even if they tried to be more balanced as possible, because 24 is not multiple of 200... The only collection I know that was completely homogeneous was WC 2010, where all stickers had the same print (excluding those free stickers and everything not inside regular packets), because there were 600 normal stickers (3 sheets of 200) and 40 shinies (each shinies was placed 5 times in a 200 sheet)... For every shiny sheet, Panini printed 5 times each normal sticker sheet, hence the completely balanced collection.

However, I'm completely ok if not stickers are printed equally, makes it more entertaining to search for the tougher stickers... But I'm not ok when there's so much difference between stickers of the same quality... In this case, about those 30 rare stickers, for every 2 collectors, one cannot get them, because the remaining stickers have been printed 2x times more... We're talking about possible 50% with incomplete collections!

Shame Panini, shame :mad:

G

Garuda

This "phenomenon" of unequal sticker prints started already decades before. It´s f.e. same strange with the German edition of USA 94. Nowadays it´s almost impossible to find the 9 rare players from South Korea or the 4 Nigerians (197-200). Some friends even told me that some of these stickers have never been released with pink backs. I got a complete set with brown backs and some mixed sets, also an almost violet mint set. The really curious thing at this set is that it was originally a sealed set. And almost all stickers have violet backs just the section of South Korea and Nigeria came completely with red! (Dutch) backs.

When i bought the collection from my friend (including a good amount of complete sets WWC 2011) in November 2016 he told me that this edition will probably become the new Mexico 70. I could not disagree with this theory and honestly this reason was even the deciding argue for me to buy his entire collection.

Some collectors and traders were early aware about the rarity of these 30 stickers so they ordered them again and again from Panini. When you search these stickers nowadays f.e. on eBay you will detect that only two sellers are offering most of these rare stickers. I just know that one of these traders has special connections to Panini Italy (he had f.e also tons of the rare FIFA 365 Chile sets from 2016 before).

kraneo

I have two complete sets of this collection (one with the stickers glued to the album, one loose set). I bought a couple of boxes back in the day and ordered the stickers I needed to complete my sets to panini. Never expected this collection to be so much sought after!

D8ct9r

More than a year ago I asked a question about a REWE DB Stadium set… Some of you were helpful with your answers but I wanted to know more, I wanted to know why number 9 (or Frankfurt stadium) is always missing, why it is rare… So I decided to take some time and make a research.

I would like to present you a finished review, which is available on my blog and hopefully some of you will find it interesting.

It’s relatively long but I was able to find some much new information about the collection, for example Frankfurt number 9 is not the rarest card of the collection, there were cards that brought better awards than the Frankfurt card and I’m (almost) sure any sane person would “cash-them-in” at the time, so they are not available any more, but I would imagine that they would be worth more to some collectors than what was paid for Frankfurt card today. But more about the collection is presented in the review (multiple photos included).

Just to make a quick jump to Complete eGuide - Collaborative work thread. As far as I’m concerned the text from this review can be used for that project also and as I promised main Panini collection of Women’s FIFA World Cup 2011 review will be my next project (for the Summer 2018).