Panini WWC Canada 2015

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig Man, I thought I was the only one with that experience. The same happened to me with my first box, lots of Irish and Croatian players and only... 3 or 4 shinies?! C'mon.
You and thousands of people... Some people got about 10 shinies, but very few from what I saw... Most got like you, just a couple of shinies, and minimum was about 50 doubles in a 250 sticker box, but many got more than 100... And yes, filled with those irish, croatian, italian, english, etc etc, the ones who were clearly the easiest stickers to get... The situation became so flagrant that Panini started to make up to buyers who complained, sending them a bunch of sealed packets.

Now, I don't believe Panini did this on purpose, it would be suicide for them... But I also don't believe it was a one-man job... It just take some words from Panini bosses, such as "we want this collection to be fully monetized" and the "ranks" below, such as the masterminds of creating the collection, start making some calculations about how to gain more... The basic solution they conclude probably is printing more stickers than others... But when it comes to World Cup, the most profitable sticker collection in the world, they happily show how it's done, how are the sheets with 200 different stickers, how they arrange everything so in the eyes of those journalists who go to Panini factories, it seems they're really telling the truth when claiming that all stickers are printed equally... And yet, in WC 2014 international edition, it's clear to everyone that some teams come out more than others... Instead of needing about 640 stickers to complete a homogeneous collection (same ratio for every sticker), you will probably need more than 800 stickers to have enough to swap... This is about 25% more profit to Panini and 25% more expensive to buyers.

And when I say Panini, I say Topps, I say any publisher in the world... And I'm very, very curious about the upcoming CL collection by Topps, not only because of what it'll be like, but how the sticker ratio will be.

Just two shiny stickers, but I guess that's normal.
Not really, you should had about 8 shinies by now... But yeah, for Panini is normal, producing less quantities from certain stickers and more from others... I can live with that, as long as they stop claiming all stickers have the same ratio.

Sergio Z

I can live with that, as long as they stop claiming all stickers have the same ratio.
I have read on other websites and Facebook that the most difficult stickers to get are the ones from the first page. What do you think? Is that true? Maybe the ones who are collecting the stickers can answer this.

By the way, I haven't got them, yet.

Danju

Patron
yes thats right, on a german sticker onlineshop you can choose blisters with extra shiny sticker as bonus. if you want to have a blister with stickers 1-5 it´s 8 € in stead of 5,50€ rrp.
thats an indication for that theory.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have read on other websites and Facebook that the most difficult stickers to get are the ones from the first page. What do you think? Is that true? Maybe the ones who are collecting the stickers can answer this.

By the way, I haven't got them, yet.
I'm not collecting and I know which are the most difficult... I'm not trying to brag about it, it's just that I like to study these rarity issues and now even how Panini produces the stickers and why there are easy and rare stickers... Probably I've wrote this once or twice already :confused:

But if you mean the first 5 stickers, yes, it's true they're difficult... But they're not the only ones ;)

yes thats right, on a german sticker onlineshop you can choose blisters with extra shiny sticker as bonus. if you want to have a blister with stickers 1-5 it´s 8 € in stead of 5,50€ rrp.
thats an indication for that theory.
Bah, that's just stupid... "Oh, first 5 stickers probably are more difficult, so let's raise 2,5€ the blister price!"... If I was german and needed those stickers, I might as well buy them from Panini itself, they cost about 20c each and they combine shipping.

AbbeyRoadie13

Semifinals set. USA vs Germany & England vs Japan. At least one team will be playing for a record 3rd cup (Germany or USA). England could be playing for their 1st, Japan for their 2nd next Sunday. All worthy teams.

J.L. Robert

I just received my mail order from Panini for the final 11 stickers I was missing.

FYI: Mail order seems to be the best way to get those elusive foil stickers. 7 of my last 11 were foils, including the trophy and the lower half of the poster.

AbbeyRoadie13

Ordered a box from ebay for $35. Not bad. There are 2014 WC boxes going for 15-25 on Amazon and ebay (in case anyone is looking for that), but didn't want to risk not getting it at a good price just in case. I'm sure there were more 2014 ones produced, although in the US the WWC has been big since 1999 so they may have made a lot of 2015 WWC ones.

Sorolla

So I am planing to order an album + some boxes for the WWC from stickerpoint since it wont be imported here and I would like to ask you guys,who ordered some boxes,how many boxes are enough to complete the whole album 3,4 ?Thanks :)

AbbeyRoadie13

Went to a store after the USWNT Championship Parade to get a shirt and decided to grab just one pack of stickers that was next to the register. Before opening I noticed I could see through the front and there's a shiny USWNT sticker :). It's outdated now though with the 2 stars. So...check closely because you can sometimes see through! Edit - Opened it up and had a Japan shiny right behind. World Cup final pack.

I'd think one box might be good, maybe two. You can order missing stickers on the panini website and use the forum to trade with people too which would save some money probably.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So I am planing to order an album + some boxes for the WWC from stickerpoint since it wont be imported here and I would like to ask you guys,who ordered some boxes,how many boxes are enough to complete the whole album 3,4 ?Thanks :)
Simple math tells that you need two boxes (500 stickers) to complete an album (480 stickers)... Problem is some stickers are rarer, so two is not enough... But if you can do some swaps and order the missing stickers afterwards, then two boxes are enough... Maybe buying also a blister would be good too, each has one shiny and you may have the luck it's one you'll miss in the two boxes.

When buying from Stickerpoint, don't forget to use the Cardzreview 10% discount code! ;)

I'd think one box might be good, maybe two. You can order missing stickers on the panini website and use the forum to trade with people too which would save some money probably.
He's from Bulgaria, so he can't order missing stickers from Panini... Only if someone from another country where the collection has been released can get it from him, which I hope someone do.

Last edited:

Sorolla

Wow,I got the impression that the album contains nearly 600 stickers o_O .Thanks guys for your suggestions and I'll definitely use the discount code :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wow,I got the impression that the album contains nearly 600 stickers o_O .Thanks guys for your suggestions and I'll definitely use the discount code :)
Actually, it's not even 480 stickers like I wrote, it's 478... If it was the 2011 collection, you would only need about one and half box, because it only had 336 stickers (that WC only had 16 teams).

Also, if people didn't notice yet: With Stickerpoint prices + the 10% CardzReview discount, each box is about 20€ (RRP is 30€)... And the more you buy, the more you save, since shipping is always the same... Some examples for european buyers outside Germany:

2 boxes + album + shipping: 53€ instead of 62€ RRP (about 15% less)
3 boxes + album + shipping: 74,12€ instead of 92€ RRP (about 20% less)
4 boxes + album + shipping: 95,26€ instead of 122€ RRP (about 22% less)

Last edited:

AbbeyRoadie13

Ah, I figured each country had a site to order missing ones. Is it only certain ones like USA, UK? Also forgot the non-US boxes don't have as many stickers (250 vs. 350?). I figured one box might be good for me since I've already purchased about 24 single packs, and then will just do trades & order missings for remainder.

Good luck!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yep, one box outside US is 250 stickers only (5 per packet)... I don't know how US boxes are, but usually, each box doesn't have much doubles (Pavle shown us in his unboxing video that he got only 3 stickers in 240)... So in this case, US has the advantage of getting less doubles from the start.

You can order from Panini where the collection was released in physical stores (countries list in first post)... Like Sorolla, if I do the collection, I can't order in my country, since it wasn't released here, but I can order missing stickers from almost everything else.

Which reminds me that Panini should also sell single stickers in that international shop where they sell now WWC and Copa America 2015 boxes and empty albums... What's the point of providing an incomplete service?

boggy

Hi !
Can anyone tell me which numbers are rare from this new collection Womens World Cup Canada 2015 ??
Many thanx to all.... !!
Regards

Sergio Z

After long weeks of an exhaustive search and some successful swaps, I can proudly say I COMPLETED this collection :D
Since it's my first non-peruvian album, I'm sure this is the most valuable piece of my collection, not even the hardcover Copa América album!
I feel so lucky and grateful with all the people who helped me to complete this album :)

@boggy After reading all the feedback from collectors all over the world, I can say the most difficult numbers to get are the first five stickers. The other shiny stickers are rare too, but not compared to the first five.

About the question @Sorolla made before, the minimum required, just like @dantzig said, is two boxes. However, this album have got harder stickers to get as hell! I've read some comments on Facebook and you can luckily complete this album with 5 or 6 boxes (obviously, with no swapping at all). I have a friend who does complete sets to sell online and he told me the same. I'd say two and a half or three boxes would be fine. That's enough to get the spare stickers you need to swap successfully and complete your collection :)

From my own experience, I'd say the buying ratio for any collection is 1.5 of the total number of stickers. For instance, the 2014 WC album has 640 stickers. You should buy at least 960 stickers (which is 192 packets, or let's say, 2 boxes of 100 packets per box) in order to swap successfully. Remember that swapping with too few spare stickers does not assure that you will complete your album, because there's a lower possibility of having the ones the others are missing.

Obviously, there are some exceptions, like when the album is too popular that almost EVERYONE collects it :p like WC albums, for example. In that case, 750 stickers would be enough (that's exactly what I did). And... there's always the chance of buying stickers at Panini's website or national HQ :)

Which reminds me that Panini should also sell single stickers in that international shop where they sell now WWC and Copa America 2015 boxes and empty albums... What's the point of providing an incomplete service?
I guess that's because of shipping costs. Seems like it's not profitable for Panini to sell only 30 or 40 stickers overseas :( (unless they ship only between european countries, since it's cheaper to move around countries in the EU)

Last edited:

AbbeyRoadie13

I wonder how this sold overall. Do they ever announce? I remember them saying it sold well in Germany in 2011 which is what led to it becoming a major release.

stickersCat

Patron
Here you have different versions of this album. Any new version, please share.

ALBUMS

SPANISH
INT.jpg ESP.jpg

GERMAN, SWISS AND AUSTRIAN
INT.jpg GER.jpg

FRENCH ANS SWISS

INT.jpg FRENSWIS.jpg

ENGLISH

INT.jpg UK.jpg

BRAZILIAN

BRA.jpg img532.jpg

USA

USAC.jpg USA.jpg

MEXICAN

INT.jpg MEX.jpg

OCEANIA AND SOUTH AMERICA

INT.jpg OCESA.jpg

STICKER PACKETS
I am not sure about where it from the Europeans packets. Any thing you can help will be great!

INTERNATIONAL
img540.jpg img543.jpg

INTERNATIONAL WITHOUT BAR CODE
img540.jpg img541.jpg

GERMAN (DOUBLE CODE BAR)

img540.jpg img542.jpg

USA

img544.jpg img545.jpg

BRAZILIAN

img538.jpg img539.jpg

Hi guys , which one of you could tell me which numbers are not possible to get from panini shop ? Same question for sets- are they still available and if yes at what price ?