Panini WWC Canada 2015

J.L. Robert

Wow. So we're not supposed to find happiness in completing teams in this set? Is collecting that sterile and joyless for you?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Stick to the topic please. All further posts or attempts to provoke or get involved in personal fight, will be deleted.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Been quite the exciting tournament. Outside Ecuador & the Germany-Ivory Coast blowout, its been close and entertaining.
Indeed, Ecuador & Ivory Coast seems the weakest links of the tournament... The teams I enjoyed most so far were China (they miss so many goals, but play nice), Australia (great play) & Brasil (they seem more mature than just playing beautifully)... Also, best player I've seen so far is nº10 from Switzerland, BACHMANN... God, such a wonderful technique, puts to shame most male players around the world!

Sadly, yesterday had some bad refereeing decisions... The Colombia scandalous handball inside penalty box (not awarded), the Korea penalty (awarded, but faked) and some other I can't recall... Funny thing in this is that Platini is against the new technologies, and yet, if it existed in France-Colombia match, France would've a great chance to draw and who knows, even win the match... After remembering what happened with Ireland in 2010, it makes you want to say to Platini: "what goes around, comes around" or "karma is a b***h".

AbbeyRoadie13

Yeah Ecuador were kinda lucky to qualify in their playoff against Trinidad & Tobago with a crazy late goal from distance. Ivory Coast are ranked below South Africa, Ghana, & Equatorial Guinea but beat some of them.

Went to get more packs, and a few of the display boxes on top were now completely sold out. When people swap in the other thread, are people just mailing stickers in a regular envelope?

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah Ecuador were kinda lucky to qualify in their playoff against Trinidad & Tobago with a crazy late goal from distance. Ivory Coast are ranked below South Africa, Ghana, & Equatorial Guinea but beat some of them.

Went to get more packs, and a few of the display boxes on top were now completely sold out. When people swap in the other thread, are people just mailing stickers in a regular envelope?
IC team seems like Tahiti in 2013 Confederations Cup, great achievement by winning Oceania Cup, but in CC, they were decimated... Still, against Thailand, IC was unlucky, from what I read in FIFA report.

You can mail stickers in regular envelopes, just be sure to protect them a bit... A thin cereals cardboard, an empty trading card packet, even some piece of used envelope is not bad to protect from possible small damages... Anyway, don't let the stickers wander around inside the envelope.

AbbeyRoadie13

Yes cardboard and rubber bands would work. Don't have enough yet, bought 16 packs so far. Waiting until after the tourney ends when the 50 pack box should go on sale (I see men's 2014 box on amazon for just $20). Have a few dupes though, for some reason I have 4 of Formiga. Though I have 2 shiny ones, and got a couple big names: Rampone, Abby Wambach, Christine Sinclair, Homare Sawa, Nadine Angerer, Celia Sasic, Dickenmann, Rapinoe, Nilla Fischer. So I won't complain, I think I've fared well with just 16 packs. Shiny ones are so nice I almost don't want to stick them in the album...

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Big no-no for rubber band of any kind. Nobody likes getting stickers with bent corners. Just follow Dantzig's tip. You can also use card sleeves if you have some. Of course not 1 sleeve per sticker, but for 10 or so.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes cardboard and rubber bands would work. Don't have enough yet, bought 16 packs so far. Waiting until after the tourney ends when the 50 pack box should go on sale (I see men's 2014 box on amazon for just $20). Have a few dupes though, for some reason I have 4 of Formiga. Though I have 2 shiny ones, and got a couple big names: Rampone, Abby Wambach, Christine Sinclair, Homare Sawa, Nadine Angerer, Celia Sasic, Dickenmann, Rapinoe, Nilla Fischer. So I won't complain, I think I've fared well with just 16 packs. Shiny ones are so nice I almost don't want to stick them in the album...
Yep, like Pavle wrote before, don't use rubber bands, they might damage the stickers edges, even worse for small piles... Thin cardboard (not too thick, so it doesn't make the envelope too bulky) and celophane tape to close it... If you have some sleeves to spare, like Pavle suggested, it's also a good choice as first layer... If you send more than 15/20, consider splitting into two small piles (again, avoiding the envelope too bulky).

Sales depends on stock... Men's World Cup always has a lot of boxes produced and are always the quickest to get at low prices (usually, in the next autumn)... But Women World Cup, I don't know... 2011, being sold only in Germany, is now very rare to even get a sealed box... This time, it's sold in many countries, but everyone is complaining about boxes and packets being out of stock in many places... We'll see.

Formiga is an easy sticker to get, that's why you got 4 in just 16 packs.

Just to the tell what happened to me: I kept some piles of stickers (Campeonato Brasileiro 2010) with rubber bands, and the heat of the Brasil melted the rubber band. It stuck on the stickers, and I lost a lot of them. I just saw that damage in the last year, when I was collecting the WC 2014 album. So, if you live in a country with a hot weather, I advise to you not keep your piles of stickers with rubber bands. I keep the stickers in a box without any rubber bands. They are loose, because I don't even know if the stickers pressed each others can damage the stickers.

Sergio Z

Contributor
Hi, guys. I'm back at this thread. Through a swap, I got an empty album and 135 stickers. Now in my hands, this album looks really beautiful :D and the stickers are awesome. I feel in love with Tatiana Ariza from Colombia :rolleyes: (sorry, Sydney Leroux u_u).

However, I'm still missing a big load of stickers. I don't know if I'll complete this album :( I think it's gonna be the most expensive album in my collection.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I feel in love with Tatiana Ariza from Colombia :rolleyes: (sorry, Sydney Leroux u_u).
You mean this one? Looks like she got hit in her left cheek :p

Actually, the FIFA profile pictures sucks... From Colombia, I find this girl pretty (scored the goal against England), though in here, she just looks almost like a middle-aged woman :\ Also, just 164cm? She looks taller than the others!

Also, compare Chapman sticker with her FIFA profile picture... Like day and night!

More pretty players in my opinion: Alex Morgan (who doesn't think so?), Louisa Necib, and then some asian players, like South Korea GK or a chinese defender... I know I've seen more, but I didn't fix their names :\

Also, found now Costa Rica manager is only 28 years old... But she looks much older than that with the bossy look in glasses!

I liked the messages! hehehe! I fell in love with a lot of players, specially the goalkeeper from New Zeland (the blonde). And I liked Tatiana Ariza too.

I bought some new packs - Panini, finally, distributed the stickers here in my city. I think it took 1 month from one distribution to another. And, finally, I completed my first WWC 2015 album. The last stickers was 4 shinies - the badges of Brasil, Spain, Costa Rica and England. France was the last one that I got from the first distribution. And, for my surprise, I got Brasil and France in the same packet. And Spain came in the same pack of 20 packets. And now, I got a lot of shinies in the packs - 8 shinies in 20 packets. At the first distribution, like I said here, I got few shinies (1 in 20 packets. Even zero shinies).
A lot of stickers have some problems on the board - I think Panini made a wrong cut. A lot of stickers have tight/narrow board. And, another thing: some packets have a attern: 3 stickers from the same national team (3 Spain, for example. Or, 3 stickers of the team - China, New Zeland and Netherlands). And I got 3 shinies in the same packet (German's badge, poster and Canadian badge). I think that happened because of the cut in the development process.

Sergio Z

Contributor
@dantzig No way! she looks way prettier in her sticker. That photographer sucks!
Andrade also looks nice in the album :D but I prefer Tatiana <3 she looks so lovely! Just look at that smile. Even my girlfriend liked her when she saw the album, hahahaha.

tatiana ariza.jpg

Chapman's picture really made me laugh. Canada's pictures in the album were more elaborated, in terms of illumination and make up, for sure. This FIFA guy said "let's take a picture and just upload it, screw it".

More pretty players in my opinion: Alex Morgan (who doesn't think so?)
I do -raises his hand-. And I think I'm the only one, hahaha. I mean, Alex Morgan is graceful and cute, but she's not my kind. In the US, Sydney Leroux is my absolute crush. She's sooooo sexy! :rolleyes:

However, many of my friends think Hope Solo is the prettiest one in the US. I prefer her over Morgan, but not over Leroux.

Oh, and Louisa Necib is beautiful, too. Not only physically, but also because of her playing style. She's the female Zidane. :)

And, finally, I completed my first WWC 2015 album
Parabéns, @Jose Glaucio :D I bet that album looks beautiful with all the stickers on it. And it's so nice to know that the shinies finally came out.

A lot of stickers have some problems on the board - I think Panini made a wrong cut.
That's true. Lately Panini Brazil has got a lot of issues with the cut process. Just take a look at Copa América 2015 stickers. More than a half of them (I'm not kidding) were terribly cut, and I had a lot of problems to stick them on the pages, since they couldn't fit on the frame. Maybe we should complain with Panini Brazil about it :/.

The stickers I got for Canada 2015 are made in Italy, and they had a PERFECT cut. 100% of them fit perfectly on the frame, really.

Last edited:
I think Alex Morgan is very pretty, but, when I saw her playing, I thought she is not a good player that I aspected - I think she have a good marketing. But she have a cute way of running, with her arms close to the body.
When I saw the game of Brasil x Costa Rica I thought that the players from Costa Rica was pretty, but, in the album, the stickers are weird. I liked the goalkeeper: she have a lovable beauty.
I don't think Nacib is that beautiful. I saw a lot of people talking about that, but, when I saw her, I found her completely normal.

Thank you, @Sergio Z. This album is hard to complete, specially with the distribution of the Panini here in Brasil. Before I got some new packets, I request my last stickers to Panini, and request a lot of stickers that I found really hard to get. And, because of the high quantity of the packets that I bought, I'm making more then one album. In this second distribution I got a lot of the stickers that they were hard to find on the first distribution (like Christiane, Paredes, some mexican players etc).

In this second distribution I saw that is hard to get some stickers from Norway, Stadiums, Switzerland, Sweden and South Corea. I don't get any stickers from South Corea, for example, Norway and Stadiums. From Sweden and Switzerland I got one stickers from each other. Thinking in the production of the stickers, I think that these stickers are in the same paper, and Panini, when distributed the cuted stickers in the packets (the final process of the production), they don't put that stickers on the machine. Like they made with the shinies in the first distribution.
This kind of stuff reveals the way of Panini manufacture the stickers and album.

@Sergio Z, I always have the same problem as you: some stickers don't fit on the frame. And these stickers that I bought now I don't want to stick them on the pages, because I had completed the players (I was missing only the badges). So, I will keep these stickers loose and keep them for the future!

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I liked the messages! hehehe! I fell in love with a lot of players, specially the goalkeeper from New Zeland (the blonde). And I liked Tatiana Ariza too.

I bought some new packs - Panini, finally, distributed the stickers here in my city. I think it took 1 month from one distribution to another. And, finally, I completed my first WWC 2015 album. The last stickers was 4 shinies - the badges of Brasil, Spain, Costa Rica and England. France was the last one that I got from the first distribution. And, for my surprise, I got Brasil and France in the same packet. And Spain came in the same pack of 20 packets. And now, I got a lot of shinies in the packs - 8 shinies in 20 packets. At the first distribution, like I said here, I got few shinies (1 in 20 packets. Even zero shinies).
A lot of stickers have some problems on the board - I think Panini made a wrong cut. A lot of stickers have tight/narrow board. And, another thing: some packets have a attern: 3 stickers from the same national team (3 Spain, for example. Or, 3 stickers of the team - China, New Zeland and Netherlands). And I got 3 shinies in the same packet (German's badge, poster and Canadian badge). I think that happened because of the cut in the development process.
It's a devious Panini strategy I know for some time... They release first lousy boxes, with less of those "rare" stickers, then in a second batch, they try to make it up, probably because it's already too scandalous what they did and they got a lot of complaints... I'll never, never forget the Euro 2012, it was almost a scam, where the first 50-packet boxes might not even had any shiny and you could get half of the box repeated (some stickers 4, 5, 6 times repeated)... I don't care if it's some production error or some dimwit doesn't know how to distribute the stickers accordingly, JUST GET THINGS RIGHT!

@dantzig No way! she looks way prettier in her sticker. That photographer sucks!
Andrade also looks nice in the album :D but I prefer Tatiana <3 she looks so lovely! Just look at that smile. Even my girlfriend liked her when she saw the album, hahahaha.

Chapman's picture really made me laugh. Canada's pictures in the album were more elaborated, in terms of illumination and make up, for sure. This FIFA guy said "let's take a picture and just upload it, screw it".
She sure has some unique smile there... Must have some disability to always smile like that.

FIFA has no time to waste on makeups and such, it's like they gathered them all in one day, straight out of bed, and the photographer was yelling "line up, I've no time to waste on you! Oh, you want to put some lipstick? You're next then, bitch!"

I do -raises his hand-. And I think I'm the only one, hahaha. I mean, Alex Morgan is graceful and cute, but she's not my kind. In the US, Sydney Leroux is my absolute crush. She's sooooo sexy! :rolleyes:

However, many of my friends think Hope Solo is the prettiest one in the US. I prefer her over Morgan, but not over Leroux.

Oh, and Louisa Necib is beautiful, too. Not only physically, but also because of her playing style. She's the female Zidane. :)
In 2011, Alex Morgan was just the normal blonde to me, just a barbie face... But with dark hair and a more mature look now, she seems stunning to me.

My mother finds Leroux pretty too (she enjoys watching sports too)... Hope Solo is beautiful too, but those celebrity issues she has.....

Necib is exotic. Her face might not be likeable to everyone, like Jose Glaucio, but she has one of the best bodies in competition... And of course, she plays very well, calling her the female Zidane is completely adequate.

I like some chinese defenders, they're pretty to me... It seems the more attacking a player is in China, more manly it seems ahah.

The stickers I got for Canada 2015 are made in Italy, and they had a PERFECT cut. 100% of them fit perfectly on the frame, really.
Either you're a lousy photographer/editor or it doesn't seem perfectly cut by Panini :p

In this second distribution I saw that is hard to get some stickers from Norway, Stadiums, Switzerland, Sweden and South Corea. I don't get any stickers from South Corea, for example, Norway and Stadiums. From Sweden and Switzerland I got one stickers from each other. Thinking in the production of the stickers, I think that these stickers are in the same paper, and Panini, when distributed the cuted stickers in the packets (the final process of the production), they don't put that stickers on the machine. Like they made with the shinies in the first distribution.
This kind of stuff reveals the way of Panini manufacture the stickers and album.
Could be just bad luck... Maybe if you bought another 20-packets, you would get those you missed most... You know Panini doesn't really make a evenly distibution by teams... Now the shinies, that seems clear they've released less than they should, there in Brazil.

@dantzig , I bought 200 packets and I didn't get any stickers from stadiums, Fifa (logo, mascote), USA, Nigeria, South Corea and England. But I got a lot of stickers of Canada, China, Germany, Cameroon, Japan, Ecuador, Australia, Brasil, Costa Rica, Colombia and Mexico. I got a lot of packets that are clone. In this distribution Panini sent, almost, the same stickers in these packets. I will not buy any more packets from that distribution - I will wait for the next distribution, because, If I buy the packets from this distribution I will get the same stickers that I already got. And I bought from differents newsstands. But, here we have only one distributor.

About the photographs, the images of the canadian's sticker came from their profile. I think the image of the Spain players came from the profile too.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Jose Glaucio I see, 200 packets is a lot... Still, knowing how Panini produces the stickers, I have some doubts if they stopped producing those stickers... Remember our conversation about team names? And also that "clone" packets? Plus, it's too noticeable not geting stickers from certain teams... One this is releasing just some shinies, but still some, the other is completely stop releasing almost 100 stickers.

But considering Panini Brazil seems a bit unprofessional in this, I'm not sure of anything... Best option now is trying to swap with people there, they may have gotten the opposite from what you got.

AbbeyRoadie13

Hm I've gotten some good variety I think with now 21 packets. The only two teams I have less than 3 stickers for are Ecuador, with just 1 & Costa Rica with 2. Just two shiny stickers, but I guess that's normal.

For stadiums I have Vancouver (twice), Montreal & Ottawa. Also city pictures for Vancouver & Moncton.

On the back of the US stickers and packs it does say "Made in Italy". The packets haven't had too many from the same team in one either. A few would have 2, and maybe rarely 3 from the same team.

Sergio Z

Contributor
I'll never, never forget the Euro 2012, it was almost a scam, where the first 50-packet boxes might not even had any shiny and you could get half of the box repeated (some stickers 4, 5, 6 times repeated)... I don't care if it's some production error or some dimwit doesn't know how to distribute the stickers accordingly, JUST GET THINGS RIGHT!
@dantzig Man, I thought I was the only one with that experience. The same happened to me with my first box, lots of Irish and Croatian players and only... 3 or 4 shinies?! C'mon.

Either you're a lousy photographer/editor or it doesn't seem perfectly cut by Panini :p
Hahahaha. I would go for "it doesn't seem perfectly cut by Panini". :D I'm still surprised by the quality of the Italian stickers.

@AbbeyRoadie13 Except for Brazil, seems like stickers released all over the world are made in Italy. Recently, a friend brought some packets from Mexico, and they clearly say "Made in Italy by Panini...". How interesting.