Panini UEFA Women's Euro 2017 The Netherlands

CSKA Sofia Forever

I noticed on the badges too written Spain , Denmark & Belgium ...:(..PANINI going international.

History pages really left me shocked - not because there are no stickers, but with only 3 nations ever won the tournament (Sweden, Norway and Germany )
PANINI has chosen to only print pictures of different German teams or players (!) - though the Germans obviously dominated this just looks unbalanced and left me ashamed.
Well, it's been just recently that other European nations started allocating more resources into women's football. If you look at Women's CL, it's been German teams dominating the tournament until recent years. German teams winning against teams from Sweden ;) FIFA is trying its best to attract more girls into football, and in many countries this campaign is a success story. Still, the level of competition in women's football is much lower than the one in men's football - just look at the group winners in the qualifiers ;) Having a perfect record, Germany and France did not even concede a goal!!! :D

By the way, the album looks great. Panini did an excellent job! I also like the pictures of the ladies - very professional photo sessions!

Helios

Contributor
In Europe Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Norway always had strong teams - they also performed well in World Cups.
I just think this double page looks like a German promotion site..o_O

Danju

Patron
I just started today with this collection, not bad, but I am really missing anyhing about the stadiums and cities.
Even because of they are in smaller cities and stadiums it would be very intersting...

Helios

Contributor
I just started today with this collection, not bad, but I am really missing anyhing about the stadiums and cities.
Even because of they are in smaller cities and stadiums it would be very intersting...
Good hint. I did not notice yet . That's really unusual - not even printed like with Euro 16 France..:(

Breda

Deventer Doetinchem
Rat Verlegh Stadion
Kapazität: 19.000 Stadion De Adelaarshorst
Kapazität: 8.011 Stadion De Vijverberg
Kapazität: 12.600

Enschede

Breda

Deventer

Doetinchem

Enschede

Rotterdam

Tilburg

Utrecht
Rotterdam
De Grolsch Veste
Kapazität: 30.205 Sparta-Stadion Het Kasteel
Kapazität: 11.026

Tilburg Utrecht
König-Wilhelm-II.-Stadion
Kapazität: 14.750 Stadion Galgenwaard
Kapazität: 24.426

redwhite

@Philip Could you find a pay album in Belgian stores?
I ordered all my items at the online store but only free albums were available.

In the meantime I opened a few packs. Unfortunately again those thin quality paper stickers.

Also strange to see that there is no sticker of Imke Courtois. For people who don't follow Women football she's probably the most known player of the Belgian team. Maybe not in the album due she was injured when Panini made the list.

Philip

@Philip Could you find a pay album in Belgian stores?
I ordered all my items at the online store but only free albums were available.

In the meantime I opened a few packs. Unfortunately again those thin quality paper stickers.

Also strange to see that there is no sticker of Imke Courtois. For people who don't follow Women football she's probably the most known player of the Belgian team. Maybe not in the album due she was injured when Panini made the list.
No, only found starterpacks

Helios

Contributor
German ladies photo with white shirt on white background looks like working in a psychiatric hospital.
Russian ladies all come pictured sideways and the photo only filled the frame half.
I definitely prefer a lively background picture taken outside.
At least make a grey background to make contours stand out!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Perhaps this article helps... With the (poor) help of google translate, I believe she quit the national team to do some PhD or whatever, but you know can clear any doubts :)

Wiki also has this: "She previously played for the Belgium women's national football team."

And yes, I checked first to see if she has some affiliation with the belgian male GK... No, she doesn't.

redwhite

Perhaps this article helps... With the (poor) help of google translate, I believe she quit the national team to do some PhD or whatever, but you know can clear any doubts :)

Wiki also has this: "She previously played for the Belgium women's national football team."

And yes, I checked first to see if she has some affiliation with the belgian male GK... No, she doesn't.
Not yet. She will stop playing football after the tournament.

Imke is known by Belgian public due she always comments the football matches of the Red Devils on TV.

In this article they explain why there is no sticker of her: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/extra/opvallend/1.3002312 (Dutch)
Due her injury she missed almost the hole campaign to reach the EC tournament. The selection by Panini is based on the play minutes.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not yet. She will stop playing football after the tournament.

Imke is known by Belgian public due she always comments the football matches of the Red Devils on TV.

In this article they explain why there is no sticker of her: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/extra/opvallend/1.3002312 (Dutch)
Due her injury she missed almost the hole campaign to reach the EC tournament. The selection by Panini is based on the play minutes.
So Wiki claiming she's already retired from national team is wrong... Thanks for clarifying.

So is the other Panini's, it's now common for them to sell these collections online too.

Helios

Contributor
I bought a box. I don't have the album yet and I did not have the time to organize the stickers, but I think I have already almost all the shiny stickers. In fact, I have already 3 times the french shiny sticker
1 box opened, 3/6 intro, 15/16 badges:cool: - 6 badges double, doubles in total only 14(!) o_O:D
Some teams nearly complete(Germany), Iceland only 7/20..

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
1 box opened, 3/6 intro, 15/16 badges:cool: - 6 badges double, doubles in total only 14(!) o_O:D
Some teams nearly complete(Germany), Iceland only 7/20..
Seems badges are the easiest stickers to get... Someone at Panini is going to be yelled to give away so many shiny stickers! :p

Actually, 4 of the 22 shiny stickers are much tougher to get, most likely 2x more tougher than the other shinies :)

redwhite

Seems badges are the easiest stickers to get... Someone at Panini is going to be yelled to give away so many shiny stickers! :p

Actually, 4 of the 22 shiny stickers are much tougher to get, most likely 2x more tougher than the other shinies :)
It seems the badge of Spain and Portugal are the rarest shinies.

After opening 3 boxes and keeping 4 packets sealed I only missed 4 stickers to complete a set.
And for a second set I just needed +/- 60 stickers. So not that bad at all.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It seems the badge of Spain and Portugal are the rarest shinies.

After opening 3 boxes and keeping 4 packets sealed I only missed 4 stickers to complete a set.
And for a second set I just needed +/- 60 stickers. So not that bad at all.
That's my idea, if I do this collection: buying 3 boxes is enough to complete two sets (with swaps too).

Yes, those badges are the rarest, along with number 5 and 6... Most likely, Panini shiny sheet produced has 10x the eighteen badges and just 5x the four remaining shinies (10x18 + 4x5 = 200, which is the number of stickers produced per sheet), hence why I said these four badges are 2x rarer than the other 18.