Panini UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2015/2016 Stickers

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone knows more about this collection? I've received some news from a friend of mine, with pre-sales for the Topps CL 2015/16 collection (out in September, it seems) for a bunch of articles... Really confused me these early sales o_O

Danju

Maybe the do a teaser like they did with last Bundesliga album too, they released very early this mini album, might be possible that there will be something simular.
But so far i did not hear anything about it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
But this is for the complete collection, with already a bunch of articles:
  • Box with 50 packets;
  • Binder Pack;
  • Blister Pack;
  • Card Box;
  • Starter Pack;
  • Mega-Deluxe Starter Pack;
  • Multipack.
They're on pre-sale until June 1st.

Caniggia

Contributor
Which is correct link to find these presales? About Topps I really know anything... and is it only for UK market?

Caniggia

Contributor
There is also this interesting new... so for first time we'll have Europa League album??

"The sticker and trading card games are a great way for UEFA to connect and engage with young fans around the world. Topps offer exciting and innovative digital solutions to complement the traditional physical products, and will make a strong contribution to both the UEFA Champions League and – for the first time – UEFA Europa League brands through such licensed products."
Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director of UEFA Events SA

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Which is correct link to find these presales? About Topps I really know anything... and is it only for UK market?
It was a good friend of mine that buys a lot of Magic stuff from some suppliers and told me if I was interested... Prices seems nice, but probably because Topps is not going to charge like Panini did with Adrenalyn.

Oh, did I say it's Match Attax products? So it's cards, not stickers... Sorry @Caniggia :/

Yeah, it seems we'll have Europa League products, but I'm not sure if stickers and cards are included.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There will be both stickers and cards collection. Heard some rumors about Europa league, but nothing certain. Its still too soon, I mean come on, this season is not yet finished :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Caniggia well, my friend is into MTG stuff, so it's normal he finds only TC products.

Just to clarify, these are already pre-sales, but items will only be shipped in September, when the collection is released.

Topps must be really anxious to release this, to provide already items to buy... And yes, my source is 100% reliable, he's not some conman.

Caniggia

Contributor
Anyway they could think to produce only one album, let say standard Champions League (similar with Premiere League albums) and at the end of album badges, teams, players/stars in action stickers of Europa League .. we'll see ...

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone knows more about this collection? I've received some news from a friend of mine, with pre-sales for the Topps CL 2015/16 collection (out in September, it seems) for a bunch of articles... Really confused me these early sales o_O
And now it's the sticker collection with pre-sales:

Topps said:
"Celebrating 60 years of the world’s biggest club competition, Topps are proud to announce the launch of the all-new UEFA Champions League official sticker collection for the 2015/16 season. This amazing collection features all the latest performance data, player statistics and group information for all 32 qualified teams, making it the ultimate accompaniment to the 2015/16 competition."
Btw, here's more information about the trading card collection... It's only a rumour, but it may not be very far from the finished product... What do you think?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Topps promised that they will create something new, something interesting, something that is not a pattern. By looking at this, I can say this is going to be same old Match Attax shit. Hopefully I am wrong. Having 8 players and for each player 3 types of limited edition is ridiculous.
Lets hope the album will be better.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes, that was my first impression, TC collection doesn't seem something new... Let's hope they still improve more.

Ok, about pre-sales for sticker collection... It's same friend as before, so anyone interested? Unlike CL TC, which I don't collect, stickers I will be collecting... Just so you know, prices for each sticker box box can get to half the usual RRP from Panini (plus shipping, of course).

fenerbahCHE

Contributor
If the Europe League comes out either in stickers or Cards, i would love to collect it. It would be a distant continuation of the euro football 76, 78 and 79 albums that included all 3 European cups of those days. Being the odd collector i would run after the stickers from Malta, Albania, Georgia, Iceland....they would be much more exciting than messi ronaldo to me. We all have our choices of course...

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
@fenerbahCHE I totally agree with you. I love to have a look from times to times at my 76 and 78 albums. It is now quite impossible to imagine Panini releasing an album with teams like Apollon Limassol, Neftchi Baku or Petrolul Ploiesti... 40 years ago, Luxemburg's champion had its stickers in these albums...
By the way, I see a french flag under your avatar... Didn't you say you were from Turkey ?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just to chime in about avatars and flags, flags detect your IP. So if you are in Spain on holiday and get WiFi there, it will show Spain. It rather displays current location.

I also love albums from the 70-80s period. It would be nice if we can display and add some topics about both football and non football stuff. There are many people, especially young collectors who have never seen such albums and possibly never will until someone shares info on forums like this.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Just to chime in about avatars and flags, flags detect your IP. So if you are in Spain on holiday and get WiFi there, it will show Spain. It rather displays current location.
I was sure of that. Good stuff to detect where you go in vacation !
I also love albums from the 70-80s period. It would be nice if we can display and add some topics about both football and non football stuff. There are many people, especially young collectors who have never seen such albums and possibly never will until someone shares info on forums like this.
When I'll have time, I promise I'll make a review of one of these Euro Albums.

fenerbahCHE

Contributor
yes i am french for a while as i write from france now...:)

Those clubs are so nice to come by in an album Makhno; i especially like to see pages of 'East Germany', 'Yugaslavia', 'CCCP'... and of course Luxembourg, Wales, Faroe Islands; teams that you dont hear often but trying to do their best in their 500 seat rural stadiums. Teams for which eliminating one team and going one more step meant the world. These albums also included stickers of 'stars' of these teams sometimes.

The smaller turkish teams of Altay and Adanaspor had their nice stickers in 78 and 79 albums also.

Here is a glimpse of the beautiful Yugoslavian and East German Stickers of the Euro Football 79 Album :

euro79.jpg