Panini UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2015/2016 Stickers

Andy

thats the greatest internet page i've ever been linked to dantzig... I loved it!! "entire country drunk, beer drought!" :)

totally agree with all the stuff you mention as well, apart from the ricardo one... i guess that is the GK? I dont think anyone really remembers him...most english are more haunted by the image of Ronaldo winking after Rooney got sent off against Portugal and more so Beckham sending a penalty over which eventually landed on Mars when we actually did have a legitimate side which couldve won that game, very very even both teams.

God, yeah Greece winning that tournament, bad memories...I had a large bet on Portugal to win at the start of the tournament and was 100% certain they would win the final, i probably gave them bad luck!!

As for nowadays, sadly i think both England and Portugal have really poor sides who will qualify for the finals of tournaments as its harder not too qualify now with all the san marino, scotland and rubbish like that etc... but once in the finals do absolutely nothing.
The current england squad is the worst in my living memory thats for certain and 3 defeats in the group games in Euro 2016 will see them home early for their summer holidays, people like Henderson, Lambert, Jagielka, Cahill etc. embarrassing!!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My favourite was the Scotland journal... "you're still shite at tennis."
9gag have awesome stuff and during World Cup, they had a lot of funny posts.

Indeed, Ricardo was Portugal GK. In 2004, defended Vassel penalty without gloves (later he said it was Eusebio who told him to do it... lol) and in 2006, stopped 2 of the 4 England penalties... It might not be the english nightmare, but he sure was the key player in both matches.

Ahah, that Ronaldo stuff... Man, what a soap opera that was, Rooney being angry with him, even death threats if he returned to Man Utd! I still don't know if Rooney did that to Carvalho on purpose, but I still think it was sent off fairly... And he got the "Nutcracker" alias.

Beckham penalty is only comparable to Sergio Ramos penalty against Bayern:
This Euro qualification sucks, 16 teams is more than enough... But each year, we get 1 or 2 new countries in Europe, so I guess 24 will be fair in a few years :p

Andy

Tennis - yeah definately!! leave that to the skirts like Andy Murray :)

Rooney definately deserved to be sent off in that game in 2006, that one Portugal were the better team. In 2004 though Campbell was unlucky to have his "goal" disallowed for no reason but i dont really think it was an intentional "mistake" by the referee in that game. was certainly the best game in the tournament, its a shame the winner didnt come from it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tennis - yeah definately!! leave that to the skirts like Andy Murray :)

Rooney definately deserved to be sent off in that game in 2006, that one Portugal were the better team. In 2004 though Campbell was unlucky to have his "goal" disallowed for no reason but i dont really think it was an intentional "mistake" by the referee in that game. was certainly the best game in the tournament, its a shame the winner didnt come from it.
Also think that Campbell goal was well disallowed, but I know how english have a different "view" about football contact, much more tough... Well, as long as you don't think that killer tackle from Barnes to Matic, or the Elche guy to Bale, was ok, I'm fine with it ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11430006/Ashley-Barnes-escapes-punishment-for-tackle-on-Nemanja-Matic-in-Chelsea-v-Burnley.html

After seeing some EPL events, I have to say your FA is a bit "strange", to be as polite as I can.

Anyway, back to topic... It seems Panini might release CL 2014/15 in Portugal in the beginning of March.

@Caniggia: have you heard anything else about CL licensing?

Caniggia

Contributor
@dantzig yesterday I was at Panini to buy some items... I'm really happy too because i've found the update stickers of Spain for Euro 2008, happy and lucky because was the last copy at Panini! Now is sold out (was already sold out but i've found the one under the updates of Ceska Rep).

I tryed to got some infos (about CL but also about european edition of Copa America 2015) but nothing, in next weeks I will go back to Panini also to do a kind of tour to got some pics and I hope to have more news for all of us, talking with the right person in charge :)

Andy

I know how english have a different "view" about football contact, much more tough...
This was classed as a fair challenge in the Premier League before all the divers came into the league like Jurgen Klinsmann and Co. dantzig :cool:
Eric_Cantona_kung-fu_kick.jpg

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig yesterday I was at Panini to buy some items... I'm really happy too because i've found the update stickers of Spain for Euro 2008, happy and lucky because was the last copy at Panini! Now is sold out (was already sold out but i've found the one under the updates of Ceska Rep).

I tryed to got some infos (about CL but also about european edition of Copa America 2015) but nothing, in next weeks I will go back to Panini also to do a kind of tour to got some pics and I hope to have more news for all of us, talking with the right person in charge :)
Hum... It seems like you're in a shop, to find updates under updates, meaning you're free to touch... Wish I was there too, I woud have taken all different updates from Euro 2008, I don't have any :(

Copa America will have a european edition? Surely not here in Portugal, but maybe the usual countries will have them (Germany and Italy), I suppose.

This was classed as a fair challenge in the Premier League before all the divers came into the league like Jurgen Klinsmann and Co. dantzig :cool:
View attachment 747
If the guy really deserved it, sure it was fair :D Old fellow in the top left corner doesn't seem too impressed though.

Caniggia

Contributor
@dantzig i am not free to touch at Panini's factory, believe me. I was just lucky asking to the person in charge to check again if there was something... and she found it :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh, ok... You wrote "I've found it", so I thought you were free to search... But you're probably known there already, so maybe one day you can see all the goodies for yourself ;)

Caniggia

Contributor
long time ago (let say when Panini family was still owner of factory) was a dream go to Modena, the custom office was same but now you have to ask and they'll go to check on computer and for many items you have to come back because they have to send order to warehouse. BUT in that time there was a person to follow and you could go directly to warehouse ... i still remember that amazing amount of complete sets

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Last part of your post made me remember the Warehouse 13 TV series... It would be great to have a cart and just grab everything you find there (like a supermarket).

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And its official. Panini has lost the license and Topps has joined the game.

Here is a link to a full article.

It seams that Stickers and Adrenalyn cards will die out. So try to collect the last Panini UCL stuff, might become valuable in future. Especially the Adrenalyn.

"We are thrilled to be working with UEFA and the best of European club football. Topps are the market leaders within the collectables category, with the best-known brands for both physical and digital collections. Together with UEFA's flagship club competitions, we are looking forward to some ground-breaking new products that will excite fans young and old around the world."

twitter.jpg

Last edited:

Andy

have begged Simon to ensure the collection can be completed for the WHOLE collection. I dont know ANY collector who has been happy with Panini's tactics in the Adrenalyn collections by making limited no's of cards which are on checklist and also unable to order certain cards like Legends/Double Trouble etc... also about 3.2million limited editions released in Afghanistan etc.
I for one, was a massive supporter of Panini, but due to the above am thankful that they no longer hold the rights. Im definately team match attax now unless they decide to employ similar stupid tactics with their set...
mainland europe, especially Italy collector's I would assume will be happy with this new development as 99.9% are SET collectors and do not want to be Americanised.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Strange they don't mention Panini anywhere... Ok, this may sounds stupid, but couldn'y they both have the rights? You know, like broadcasting TV companies who then sell their services to TV stations? And 2 or more stations could have the rights in the same country... But Caniggia did start this rumour by writing that Panini has probably lost the rights.

@Andy: fully agree with you, Panini was already going over the top with that LE bullshit and only some people in the world could get them... From Adrenalyn, I only did the 2014 WC collection and I'm still annoyed by not getting the last LEs because they're so expensive (the ones that were only released in Russia).

And I don't want to be a "Doom Prophet", but European Champions League is UEFA property, so who knows if Panini doesn't lose also the rights to european championship... If I remember correctly, Panini usually deals with UEFA and FIFA a few months before the competitions begin.

Andy

we must make our voices heard to the people that matter at Topps (and/or Panini)...before we are taken down the wrong path into single player collections like US collectors who have to put up with that for their rugby game they play cards for example.
Europe will fundamently always be set collectors which is why as you mention we dont want LEs at £150 each...we all just want our sets complete at a reasonable price. Thats me saying that as an adult, let alone small children who are the next generation of collectors who obviously will/have get so disillusioned by not being able to complete collections, they will not bother...1 of mine already has lost interest in a modern world where online gaming is the future.
Topps have a chance to go back to basics and gain more customers and in the process keep customers who have collected for years happy like us.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Amen to that... I'm also a set collector, though everyone should collect as they prefer, be a single player, club or anything else... My fun in this is opening packets, organizing sets, arrange swaps and storing everything... And buying cards for some outrageous price just because it's released only in a certain country just ruins that fun.

Panini tries a lot to make Adrenalyn a kids collection, but since Adrenalyn began, I didn't saw a single AXL collection where you can tell right away "ah, this will give some work, but it'll not be hard to finish"... So, if it's not easy for adults, it surely won't be for kids!

And this is why I like Mega Craques series here in Portugal... Better yet, Mega Cracks in Spain seems a lot more worthy collecting than Adrenalyn.

Anyway, back to topic... I'm still not entirely convinced Panini is out of CL business... Only when I see something official saying something like "Panini has lost CL rights" is when I fully believe.

And if Topps is the only player in the game, hope they'll do better than Panini, at least in trading card department... Also, they better sell worldwide, because here in Portugal, Topps doesn't release anything.

Caniggia

Contributor
Italy is a small market in Europe, but for sure CL moved from Panini to Topps here they will loose 30% of buyers (minimum). Anyway I will wait to find a good complete set on ebay and that's all. News I have are ones you can see already everywhere, Panini will print 2 albums for Euro2016 (Road to and standard one), plus another special album not about national teams but I haven't many details about...

I sayed to my contacts in Panini my opinion "european and us markets can't be mixed", we have a different point of view, we collect complete sets AND STICKERS (mainly), americans collect special cards and others thing.. if you follow US view you kill the market..

anyway i collect only stickers not cards (except for some sets connected with sticker albums) so i don't care so much about :)

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Let's see if Topps can handle the pressure, being the first time they are the official publisher for a major competition... They really need to do a great work, because it'll be the first impression, otherwise they'll fail to grab the Panini collectors in this one.

And please, no translations to every country where the collection is released! I'm writing this because they sometimes release collections here in Portugal and cards are always translated to portuguese... Sure, it's nice and thoughtful, even good for the kids, but it ruins a collection supposed to be international... Even now they released an Avengers TC collection and as usual, it has difficult cards and I don't know if we can order those in portuguese... Besides a LE card only released in english (Thor, in multipacks, which doesn't exist here).

ilias

Italy is a small market in Europe, but for sure CL moved from Panini to Topps here they will loose 30% of buyers (minimum). Anyway I will wait to find a good complete set on ebay and that's all. News I have are ones you can see already everywhere, Panini will print 2 albums for Euro2016 (Road to and standard one), plus another special album not about national teams but I haven't many details about...

I sayed to my contacts in Panini my opinion "european and us markets can't be mixed", we have a different point of view, we collect complete sets AND STICKERS (mainly), americans collect special cards and others thing.. if you follow US view you kill the market..

anyway i collect only stickers not cards (except for some sets connected with sticker albums) so i don't care so much about :)

@Caniggia I live in the U.S. And all people do is collect their favorite player...I am a set collector I try to complete my album first second my loose set. Not big on card collecting just always felt collecting stickers has a very unique feeling! :)