panini tour de france 2019

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A wee update, after 50 packets there were 32 sticker doublers and 22 card doublers. Just opened another 10 packets, every card I already had so after 60 i have 28 cards and 32 doublers, eh? You can buy a max of 15 missing cards so I'm going to fall way short of that.

EDIT-oops sorry I though there were 80 cards but there's only 42, even though with 28 out of 42 I should expect to get at this time 1 new card out of 3 opened.
Too much card doubles anyway inside a box. I was thinking that we might get the full set inside a box, but seems not.

Also thought box should be similar to Women World Cup, with very few doubles or none.

fenerbahCHE

Contributor
I am reading in the description of the album that 2 full pages are dedicated to Eddy Merckx. That makes the album very attractive for me.

I also feel remotely connected with my own little tour with 2200km. in about 1.5 years, pedaling through sleepy winefields and mediaval stone villages in beautiful rural France couple years ago.

Last edited:

chriswiggy

I am reading in the description of the album that 2 full pages are dedicated to Eddy Merckx. That makes the album very attractive for me.

I also feel remotely connected with my own little tour with 2200km. in about 1.5 years, pedaling through sleepy winefields and mediaval stone villages in beautiful rural France couple years ago.
I've just opened two boxes (100 packets, 500 stickers and 100 cards, cost £85 with free DHL delivery). I have found 299 stickers from 352. 201 doubles. As for the cards, I have 40 from 42. 60 doubles. As you can order up to 50 stickers and 15 cards from Panini I suppose this is not too bad, in Panini terms anyway. I know nothing about cycling but I think this is an attractive set, especially the cards of the team colours.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Card holder is finally available in online store, but now you can't buy full box + album, just full box... How can Panini expect foreign collectors to buy online without an empty album? :rolleyes:

Belpersnapper

Thanks. Will we be able to buy then from Panini and if so will they count towards the 50 maximum we can order or additional to that allowance ?

gaspy

Card holder is finally available in online store, but now you can't buy full box + album, just full box... How can Panini expect foreign collectors to buy online without an empty album? :rolleyes:
Just got a reply from Panini Italy about the album issue.

" We are sorry, but the albums are out of stock since some weeks.
If there will be a possible reprint, that at the moment is not planned, they will be again available on the site"

Sic et simpliciter o_O

Do we need to add comments?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Just got a reply from Panini Italy about the album issue.

" We are sorry, but the albums are out of stock since some weeks.
If there will be a possible reprint, that at the moment is not planned, they will be again available on the site"

Sic et simpliciter o_O

Do we need to add comments?
Why bother? That's Panini for you. My way or the highway.

martinw

The update set is available on the uk website for £6.50 plus a quid postage in case someone is tempted by the sky high prices on ebay.