Panini South Africa 2010

G

Garuda

Can someone tell me please how can the blue Chilean stickers on the pic be possible??

I ever thought there were only the Chilean pop-ups existing and in the Chilean album the team Chile section does not even have any numbers (except badge and team stickers).

Until today i thought the regular Chilean players have never been printed with blue backs but now i´m really confused.

Chile 1.jpeg Chile 2.jpeg

Sergio Z

Contributor
@Garuda The story is kinda long, but I'll try to resume.

In Chile, there was a company named Salo. They had the license for the Chile national team until december 2010, but they got into bankruptcy in january. Given this situation, Panini couldn't get the rights to sell the stickers in Chile on time. Instead, they released pop-ups with pictures of squad members. But the stickers were released in the rest of the world in regular packets.

G

Garuda

Thanks for this explanation, Sergio. What i still don´t understand is: the Chilean version of 2010 was the only edition with blue backs, correct?

How can it be then that the regular Chilean stickers with blue backs had been released anyway although Panini had no license to print these stickers in Chile?

Sergio Z

Contributor
All the stickers released in Peru (and probably the rest of South America) had blue backs, except for the shinies made in Italy (they're black). I write this because, back in 2010, you could find both Italian and Brazilian stickers on packets here. In Europe, stickers had black backs.

About the second question, I'm not sure.
I think it's because Salo had the rights to publish their stickers only in Chile. Panini took advantage of this and put the stickers in packets released in the rest of the world. It's a legal issue.

G

Garuda

I´m rather sure that at least three WC 2010 editions from South America had black backs (Argentina, Brazil and Columbia).

Chile had blue backs, about Peru i was not aware but probably the blue Chilean stickers are from Peru then.

Kacper13

I ever thought there were only the Chilean pop-ups existing and in the Chilean album the team Chile section does not even have any numbers (except badge and team stickers).
Have you know that, may I get extra stickers in Chillean packets from WC 2010? I mean Pop-Ups and Jabulani. There are 6 stickers as, I know from description on eBay.

G

Garuda

Yes the Chile pop up´s and Jabulani stickers can be found in the regular Chilean packets.