Panini Premier League 2019 Official Sticker Album

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It will be a good album and I like the idea of having technical directors with their teams, even if they are printed. It is something out of the ordinary.
I imagine that right now the albums are ready for sale and the bad thing is that I see Unai Emery in the Arsenal section and today they have fired him.
Panini surely have a update section for the winter transfers and they'll include the new managers, Calciatori style...... right?

Jamiepr74

Just wondering but have panini just taken the player images off the official premier league website? It looks pretty similar to me, but I'm still looking forward to it though :)
What just like Topps used to? Of course they have! It’s not like the heyday of the 80’s when the players were individually photographed at their grounds.

That’s the only thing that will disappoint me, is that the images will be their generic PL pictures.......

martinw

You know it's beginning to look as if that old grass isn't as green on the other side either, without the panini logo I'd swear Topps still had the licence. By the way Panini/Topps I don't care if he's right or left footed, instead tell me how much he cost and from which team and how many international caps/goals he's got, thank you.

ellisdee

What just like Topps used to? Of course they have! It’s not like the heyday of the 80’s when the players were individually photographed at their grounds.

That’s the only thing that will disappoint me, is that the images will be their generic PL pictures.......
I guess that's a cheaper way of doing it for them I suppose, they probably do the same with the other leagues as well. It just made laugh, when it clicked that this is what they were doing. It's good to see that each team will get 4 pages of coverage though, although the club badges will take a bit of getting used to, compared to the ones that we're use to seeing.

ncharles

You know it's beginning to look as if that old grass isn't as green on the other side either, without the panini logo I'd swear Topps still had the licence. By the way Panini/Topps I don't care if he's right or left footed, instead tell me how much he cost and from which team and how many international caps/goals he's got, thank you.

Am tending to agree with you, the stickers and especially the album look like any ole Topps album from the past few years.

There is nothing unique about it. Total lazy behaviour by UK Panini, stick some of the players from the Top 6 and that will do.
Panini should have gone with the suggestions of the classic kicking logo, as shown in this thread, that would have announced that Panini
was back...and it very distinctive.

Interesting that the badges seem to be in landscape format. I think the legendary Football 79 badges were also landscape, maybe a homage to them. If so..a shoddy one :) Bring back the silks. :)

Let's see what the rest of the stickers look like before complete judgement. Might be some juicy historical stickers of past cover like the did in France, Italy, etc, now and again. Past players aswell.

Knowing our luck UK Panini will probably celebrate the history of the return of a top flight sticker album by having the historical context as the background on the pages instead. Total cop out if so.

Fingers crossed.

Jamiepr74

Interesting that the badges seem to be in landscape format. I think the legendary Football 79 badges were also landscape, maybe a homage to them. If so..a shoddy one :) Bring back the silks. :)
Whilst I think that the album doesn't look like there is going to be much different from Topps, I guess the Panini license is probably much more restricted than what it would've been back in the 80's when there was no such thing. The fact that there's 600 stickers tells me that there is much more effort with squad numbers and detail, and that's all I can ask for.

The landscape badge was only ever used in the 1983 edition, I can't blame them for trying something different but again, it could be a licensing thing.Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 21.09.01.png