Panini Mexico 1986 (Review + discussion)

SubZero

@Letsdotrades Thank you very much for information! Do you know is there a possibility to have a look at this complete scan album or at least all USSR team players? Thanks again!

SubZero

image.jpg

Photos of some players are copied from the Panini stickers World Cup'82 and UEFA European Championship'84

Last edited:

SubZero

Some more stickers from this nice Greek collection

image.jpg

Photos of some players are copied from the Panini stickers World Cup'82 and UEFA European Championship'84

Last edited:

felipemg

Just bought this. It's a promo from a French magazine (TeleStar). Includes 6 stickers (same than normal stickers). Only difference is the back which has a promotion from the magazine.

1588353405551.png

1588353447194.png

Dieter

I've not seen the answer of my question yet in this thread so here it goes.
How does it come that some stickers have almost no text on the back and others have the 6 languages text on the back.
Both versions are quiet commonly found. Is it possible to find both sets completely?

Greetings

mjalal01

Mexico 86 was a 5th World Cup album by Panini Figurine. It is one of those albums that remind you on your childhood. Thought it was not something extraordinary, it became quite a popular collectable.

World Cup ´86 took place in Mexico. Matches were played on 12 different stadiums and 9 cities.

General information :
  • 1-427 stickers
  • Stickers size : 49 x 69 mm
  • Album : 48 pages
  • Album size : 240х270 mm
  • Softcover album, multilingual
  • Distribution : worldwide
  • Publisher : Panini
To get more info on the content of Mexico 86 and a complete sticker album review, check out this blog post I wrote.

You can use this thread to discuss this album. If you wish to swap your Mexico 86 stickers, please go to TRADE AREA and post your lists there in the adequate topic.

In this first post I would like to present to you different versions of this collection that appeared around the globe.

Different versions of Mexico 86 Album

INTERNATIONAL
View attachment 453

DANISH
View attachment 448

ENGLISH
View attachment 449

GERMAN Version
View attachment 488 View attachment 450
This album variation is a free version of album that was available in Germany together with 2 packets inside.

YUGOSLAV VERSION
View attachment 458

Guatemala 1
View attachment 451
Guatemala 2
View attachment 452

Brazilian
View attachment 454
Portuguese 1
View attachment 455
Portuguese 2
View attachment 456

Venezuelan
View attachment 457

YUGOSLAV ERROR VERSION
View attachment 446

It is hard to explain why this album has 1986 printed on it. After speaking with some experts and even people who used to work in Decje Novine, they told me it was probably either a miss print or a test version. Meaning that this version was not in official sale. So its pretty much a mistery. Funny thing is that I have one of these miss prints. Never seen any other, not sure how rare they are and how many were printed. Obviously front cover has 1986 printed on it as you can see, everything else is absolutely the same. Back is the same as normal YU edition.

Colombian
View attachment 447
Quite interesting and the most different album of all. Obviously front cover is entirely different.

STICKER PACKETS

Bellow is a list of all different sticker packets of Mexico 86 that we are aware of. Have info on any other? Please add it in the comments, and I will update the post.

INTERNATIONAL

View attachment 460

INTERNATIONAL 2

View attachment 459

YUGOSLAV
View attachment 463

OMAGGIO (ITALY)
View attachment 461

PICGRIN
View attachment 462

STICKERS VARIATIONS

INTERNATIONAL
View attachment 464
YUGOSLAV (DN logo on the back, different colors)
View attachment 465

Yugoslav badges (not shiny)
View attachment 468

COLOMBIAN VERSION BADGES
View attachment 469

Vache Qui Rit
View attachment 470 View attachment 466 View attachment 467
More details about Vache Qui Rit set, can be found in this post created by Makhno.

Venezuelan stickers
Similar to the World Cup 1982 Spain album edited by Cromos Venezuelanos, stickers in Venezuelan version of album are different and considered a variation. You can see photos of this album by checking second part of this post.

Thanks everyone for contributing, if you have some more info to add, please let me know and I will gladly update this guide. You can also use this topic to chat about this collection.
Thanks @mjalal01
Excellent ! Do you have a picture of the back cover ?
Here you go

Attachments