Panini Mexico 1986 (Review + discussion)

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
@giorgos I'm sorry but your last posts are off topic. We're discussing here the Panini Mexico 86 album and variations. That's all.

- If you want to talk about other Mexico 86 albums from different editors use the appropriate thread or just open a new one if it doesn't exist yet.
- If you want to sell or swap something, also use the appropriate section on the forum.
- If you want to make a proposition to someone, use the private message function.

I moved your last post in the "For Sale" section.

Thank you

CSKA Sofia Forever

Look at the last entry here:

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.de/2017_11_05_archive.html

El Salvador version of the album. Black and white inside, just like the Guatemalan 1990 album (printed in El Salvador) I shared pictures of. Stickers/cards have identical numbering on top of the paper.

Most probably some Central American editions used to be all printed in El Salvador, and the only difference among them was the text with the price on the front cover. I am wondering how many different versions of the black-and-white albums there are.

redwhite

Look at the last entry here:

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.de/2017_11_05_archive.html

El Salvador version of the album. Black and white inside, just like the Guatemalan 1990 album (printed in El Salvador) I shared pictures of. Stickers/cards have identical numbering on top of the paper.

Most probably some Central American editions used to be all printed in El Salvador, and the only difference among them was the text with the price on the front cover. I am wondering how many different versions of the black-and-white albums there are.
Here is an updated URL of the El Salvador version WC86: https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.be/2017/11/panini-mexico-86-07-el-salvador-album.html

On eBay I found some pictures of an album from Venezuela. It has no original cover anymore, but on the inside you can see numbered images.

johnnydancer69

Hi all.

I have been collecting now for four years after collecting many albums in my youth. I only collect Italy stickers and empty albums with the respective packets. I now have only nine stickers to collect (all Mexico) and two albums to get (70, 74) and one packet (70). I can't believe I have never seen this forum which looks brilliant! I have many questions but one I would like answered (if you can) is how many albums had the sticker form/coupon attached? I have bought many then traded them because they didn't have the form/coupon. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Hi @johnnydancer69 and welcome here !
Is your question specific to the Mexico 86 album ? It doesn't seem so.
If you have a general question regarding the form/coupon in Panini albums, feel free to create a new thread.
Thanks

DNovais

I have an almost empty album (1 sticker inside) from Portuguese version 2 and also had an UK version album with only 6 stickers, but I sold it... Also had a complete album in very bad shape, so I removed the stickers and put them inside a dossier with plastic pages.

Btw Pavle, Portuguese 1 is Brazilian (they say Copa Mundial, we say Campeonato do Mundo), so it would be better to change it.
greetings
I collected albums in Brazil, and here there were no Panini albums in 1986, the panini began to release albums in Brazil from 1990 together with the Abril publisher.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
greetings
I collected albums in Brazil, and here there were no Panini albums in 1986, the panini began to release albums in Brazil from 1990 together with the Abril publisher.
Then that "brazilian" version has to be from some latin american country... Usually spanish countries say "Copa del Mundo" or something like that, but I'm picturing some spanish-based country in american continent to also say "Copa Mundial"... Who? I can't figure it out... Must be some important country, if Brazil didn't have Panini back then... Maybe Argentina?

DNovais

I believe that this album is a Portuguese version, because I almost bought it on Ebay and it was Portuguese, every now and then it appears one there.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I believe that this album is a Portuguese version, because I almost bought it on Ebay and it was Portuguese, every now and then it appears one there.
Copa Mundial? Portuguese from Portugal? Not possible, our versions had "Campeonato do Mundo"... I don't think we ever said "Copa", it's either the brazilians or some spanish-speaking country.

vraymond8

Hi Everyone,

My first memory of a WC goes back to 1986 and Diego Maradona. Living in Canada, the Panini albums were not available for the WC back then - they sure were for hockey and baseball though!

So I began collecting the WC albums in 2002 and I am now looking to build my collection backward, hoping to go all the way to 1970 one day. But I would like to start with 1986 for the reasons mentioned above.

Based on your advices, I understand that prior to any WC or Euros, it is a seller market. I would probably get better deals for old albums if I were to wait at the end of the year.

Right now, the better value deals (rated EX, no markings, intact covers) for the 1986 album are at 160-200 EUR (250$-310$ CAD). Netherlands vendor. Is this a good deal or I should wait later this year? What is the going market rate for a VG to EX 1986 album?

Thanks for your insights!

G

Garuda

Some stickers + sealed packet Colombian Edition (including Brazil alternative badge).

Mexico 86 Colombia Badges.jpgMexico 86 Colombia Badges back.jpgFoto 03.06.18, 17 46 30.jpg