Panini Mexico 1970 (Review + discussion)

Suisse

Friends , the answer of your question here :

This is a non official colombian special creation , not a reedition sorry for my little mistake :eek: . Album from Colombia , January 2014 .

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Nice work. In an other video, the guy said this album has been released in 2010.

Suisse

Yes Makhno it's true , 2010 , because the official logos , winner teams and posters 2010 and 2014 are not on the album .

marinerpete

Look at these beauties!!!!!Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture 3.PNG

I can't believe I have never seen before. Look closely if you think the third one is just the regular packet!!

Caniggia

Contributor

Danju

Patron
on my opinion even is Pelè the text written on cover and inside close to the sticker make loose value, not the opposite.... maybe only Pelè signature was different (not for me, for example I will never ask to Maradona to sign my copy of Mexico 86!)
100% right

Caniggia

Contributor
so at the end, the Mexico70 album with signature of Pelè has been sold for 12038 euro!?!? :eek:

unbelievable..

Turisas

so at the end, the Mexico70 album with signature of Pelè has been sold for 12038 euro!?!? :eek:

unbelievable..
Yep, even the Hungarian national daily sport newspaper wrote about it on the online site. Claimed, the album now moved to Italy.
@Caniggia time to admit you took the album :)

Anyway, my father has a signatured photo of Pelé, he was a golkeeper, when him and Stallone filmed the Escape to Victory in Hungary. He also threw the ball to Stallone in one scene, where you can see he is practicing saving. Stallone himself was anything but a golakeeper, he really had no sense of saving :) And I stopped off-topic it was just a little bit relevant, and thought it might be someting interesting :)

Caniggia

Contributor
@Turisas FIRST OF ALL I'd like to have more infos about your dad and the movie (I love that movie!). You have my mail, you can write me also 200 lines! :p

about that album on my opinion:

1. in any case has not that value, Pelè signature is not so rare, so main value is about the album.

2. there is not only signature but album was dedicate to owner, so this is a big problem for me, even I could find one guy named Emiliano like me!

3. I will never "authorize" any player (including Caniggia!) to sign an album of mines! Only chance could (I repeat "could") be the album about Maradona, because is a complete album about him ... but I think I prefer to come with a poster or a sticker/card of the player, not the whole album

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yep, even the Hungarian national daily sport newspaper wrote about it on the online site. Claimed, the album now moved to Italy.
@Caniggia time to admit you took the album :)

Anyway, my father has a signatured photo of Pelé, he was a golkeeper, when him and Stallone filmed the Escape to Victory in Hungary. He also threw the ball to Stallone in one scene, where you can see he is practicing saving. Stallone himself was anything but a golakeeper, he really had no sense of saving :) And I stopped off-topic it was just a little bit relevant, and thought it might be someting interesting :)
I'm ok about offtopics like those stories, it's always interesting to know historical facts related to big players... But we also have Caniggia thread where you can talk about those stories (even if it's not "stickers", but are relevant stories), so feel free to do it.

cadillac55555

Hallo Canigga, Hallo Everyone

I bought a FIFA Logo and a Shield of England on Ebay for together about EURO 80.--. They looked okay to me there (recuperato). Now I received them and they look for me "too good to be true" and on the otherhand they are questionable in appearance.

a) FIFA Logo
  • The blue background to me look not quiet square
  • The sticker ist not square cut
  • The black print (the continents) have "marks from the age" but only in colour not in the paper!
  • The backside is without any marks
b) Shield of England
  • The backside is without any marks
  • The paper is to "white"
  • The paper is to thick/strong
  • The printing is blurred/indistinct, specially the letters from ENGLAND and the roses
Rechnung MFV Zürich.jpeg Rechnung MFV Zürich 1.jpeg
to me the look like photocopies on a older paper ... ! There is no "neutral office" where i could proof my suspicions? I appreciate any hints or advise.

Sincerely

cadillac55555

G

Garuda

Hmm.. i don´t dare to give you a binding response but i would probably also be in doubts instead of you.

May i ask who was the seller of these items? A Swiss guy? For comparison i uploaded 2 pics of these stickers that are 100 % original ..

Foto 29.05.17, 17 16 13.jpg Foto 29.05.17, 17 16 02.jpg

cadillac55555

Hmm.. i don´t dare to give you a binding response but i would probably also be in doubts instead of you.

May i ask who was the seller of these items? A Swiss guy? For comparison i uploaded 2 pics of these stickers that are 100 % original ..

View attachment 8124 View attachment 8125
Hallo Garuda

thank you for quick response. Both of your stickers look different (better!) then the ones i got.
The seller ist from Italy: Ebay Name = bene197519752
Member since 2011 an the 2 negative reviews, is from minor sales!?
I will get in touch with him and maybe i do it via paypal.
I definitely will not put them in may album!
There are only those 2 and the the Poster Mexico 70 (green, Page 1) which are missing.
I let you know what goes further on.

Cheers,
cadillac55555

G

Garuda

You are welcome. I did not buy anything from this seller yet so i can´t describe any concrete experiences regarding his offers.
I just saw that he is not wishing any complaints about his items. And he is a private seller who does not provide any information about refund policy.

This reproduction issue is really really annoying and can become very painful specially when it happens with valuable Mexico 70 items.
I would ask him politely about authenticity of his items and possible return and maybe opening an eBay case and later a Paypal case when he is unreasonable.
Just don´t trust too much in Paypal as i heard they will ask for an official report when it´s about reproductions / false items.
But you also still got eBay and they will hopefully being helpful for your valid concerns.

Last option is to leave a negative feedback and learning from this experience.
I´m collecting Mexico 70 since about 6 years and nowadays i have just a couple of trustful traders where i purchase my items regularly.
This was and is very important and helpful for me to avoid any further cheats regarding reproductions (and i really got enough of them in all the time).
One time i got f.e. almost cheated by a guy from UK who did even confess! that he sent me 2 rare reproduction packets for 800€ !
But fortunately these packets did never arrive so Paypal sent me a complete refund.
Maybe you should choose a similar method here and only choose commercial sellers with guarantee and return policy for your missing items.

Fortunately i just need some more cards and stickers now to complete both of my sets.
And after that i might be finally able to afford a nice vacation again instead of more Mexico 70 items. ^^

Regards

cadillac55555

I agree with you on how to go further on with the seller.
I was watching closely, but not close enough. But i will learn by mistakes.

Cheers

Caniggia

Contributor
hello @cadillac55555 in the evening I'll be at home and I will do pics of my copies (glued in the album, but you can have a look of the front)

we're talking about an album 47 years old and honestly I feel not safe when I see items too perfect.. because really there were few collectors in that time (I mean adults, not considering kids) BUT

. some cards were still available at Modena since 15 years ago

. 25 years ago (beginning of '90s) was still possible to buy full and sealed set of Mexico70 at Panini. When americans bought Panini (1992?), they did many disasters including the selling of a good part of warehouse for low prices ... so is not so impossible to find in Italy copies in mint/near mint conditions

Beside that I can confirm there are many pirate copies, printed as "official" copies (copia anastatica) and some printed to try to sell as originals. And this start since 20 years..

My copy of Mexico70 is in near mint conditions, talking with some other collectors there was some doubts.. I did a double check with one of big sellers and collectors in Italy, he told me that everything was ok and he did me an offer for my copy (of course I answered no :) )

so sometime is not so easy to recognize originals or not originals..

take care anyway about buying on internet