Panini Mexico 1970 (Review + discussion)

E

ElPrince

Wow, is this a sealed pack?

Update (28.01.16): Just confirmed by a long-time Panini 1970 collector - this version does exist! It must be ultra rare, though. Does anyone know anything about its origin? It does not have an "omaggio" stamp, so it has not been sold along with some comics or newspapers.

what do you mean with "this version does exist"?

CSKA Sofia Forever

what do you mean with "this version does exist"?
I had never seen it before - I only knew about the other four (L.20, asterisk ("flower"), Juanito with Rimet Cup, and Sombrero with Rimet Cup) regardless of their backs or the existence of an "omaggio" stamp on their fronts. There was an auction on ebay for four empty packets (just the paper) with the greenish L.20 with Juanito. I was wondering if this was just an experiment by someone who had the machine, or there was such a version for real. Well, a friend of mine, a long-time Panini 70 collector, showed me this packet - sealed with cards inside. He told me he has not seen it on ebay for about a decade! It must be real treasure! I was wondering what its origin is. The L.20, Juanito, and Sombrero packets were being sold at newspaper shops, the asterisk version were coming from the Italian albums (with 2 sealed packets inside), and the "omaggio" were distributed with some magazines. But I bet there is some story behind this ultra rare version. Does anyone know anything? :)

Last edited:
E

ElPrince

I had never seen it before - I only knew about the other four (L.20, asterisk ("flower"), Juanito with Rimet Cup, and Sombrero with Rimet Cup) regardless of their backs or the existence of an "omaggio" stamp on their fronts. There was an auction on ebay for four empty packets (just the paper) with the greenish L.20 with Juanito. I was wondering if this was just an experiment by someone who had the machine, or there was such a version for real. Well, a friend of mine, a long-time Panini 70 collector, showed me this packet - sealed with cards inside. He told me he has not seen it on ebay for about a decade! It must be real treasure! I was wondering what its origin is. The L.20, Juanito, and Sombrero packets were being sold at newspaper shops, the asterisk version were coming from the Italian albums (with 2 sealed packets inside), and the "omaggio" were distributed with some magazines. But I bet there is some story behind this ultra rare version. Does anyone know anything? :)
Note: in auction were offered two pieces of coil (both sides of the packet) and not 4 empty packets ;)
The paper was absolutely original (I have a small piece of it in my collection) .
The same seller listed another type of coil but many ebayer didn't seen it as it was listed on ebay.com. This second type has a red written "omaggio I.P."

CSKA Sofia Forever

Note: in auction were offered two pieces of coil (both sides of the packet) and not 4 empty packets ;)
The paper was absolutely original (I have a small piece of it in my collection) .
The same seller listed another type of coil but many ebayer didn't seen it as it was listed on ebay.com. This second type has a red written "omaggio I.P."
So there must be an "omaggio I.P." version, too. Do you have pictures?

omeroguz

Hi,

I'm finally find Mexico 70 album, but problem is i'm not sure this is real or fake :/

can anybody help me ? is this real or fake ?

Attachments

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi,

I'm finally find Mexico 70 album, but problem is i'm not sure this is real or fake :/

can anybody help me ? is this real or fake ?
Not an expert, far from it, but just checking the first post seems to be an italian version (well beaten up, with even coffee stains or something)... But surely @Caniggia will give a more precise answer.

EDIT: Duh, it has italian written all over... But yes, seems real to me.

omeroguz

Not an expert, far from it, but just checking the first post seems to be an italian version (well beaten up, with even coffee stains or something)... But surely @Caniggia will give a more precise answer.

EDIT: Duh, it has italian written all over... But yes, seems real to me.
thank you for answer :) if is there any expert, i hope he helps :)

jaynunesp

Dear all,
It has been famtastic learning so much with each one of you about Panini albums.
Can you please help me out with this- ive won this auction on ebay without having a clear view on the item photos

https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/391489664315

Do you think album is original? What are those stickers on the first page instead of Juanito and Mexico 70 poster??

Thank you so much!
Jose

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Hi Jose,
you did not ask the owner before investing so much money ?

Regarding the sticker with the yellow lion, it is a widely spread heraldic figure in Europe. So it is difficult to answer. But I'm sure tsomeone here will bring the explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaynunesp

Hi,
My fault I know.. But I just noticed first page photos just now!!!
But I still didn't pay so still on time to request extra info.
What do you think of the photos?
Thanks

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Well, I'm not an expert of this album but it seems guenuine regarding quality of paper and its age. For the cards sticked inside, it is more difficult to say but you can suppose all, or most of them are guenuine too. The 2 stickers / cards on the first page don't belong to this album This is for sure. But I don't know where they come from.