Panini Korea Japan 2002 (Review + discussion)

G

Garuda

Some more impressions of the Israel collection. Also regular badges (incl. Israel shiny badge U21) are written in Hebrew language too.
Some of the Coca Cola stickers look not good but well they are super rare and the other extra stickers look pretty good.

Mc Donalds back.jpegMc Donalds front.jpeg
IMG_3985.jpgIMG_3989.jpg
Mexico 70 back.jpegMexico 70 front.jpeg
.U21 back.jpegU21 front.jpeg
CC1.jpegCC2.jpegCC5.jpegCC6.jpeg

Kacper13

Some more impressions of the Israel collection. Also regular badges (incl. Israel shiny badge U21) are written in Hebrew language too.
Some of the Coca Cola stickers look not good but well they are super rare and the other extra stickers look pretty good.

View attachment 8980View attachment 8981
View attachment 8982View attachment 8983
View attachment 8978View attachment 8979
.View attachment 8976View attachment 8977
View attachment 8984View attachment 8985View attachment 8986View attachment 8987
Have you won eurojackpot? :p

G

Garuda

Regarding the Coca Cola stickers you might be right Bidus. But due to their rarity i will order them anyway.

The rest looks good enough for my requirements i´m just waiting for the confirmation of the last section ("Supergol Team").

Hard to compare VQR with Hebrew stickers and of course i have other requirements regarding the minor rare VQR. ;-)

Btw i will try to order each two badges- and extra sticker sets.

Bidus

It was just a joke ;)

Nice catch anyway, when you will get them let me know. It would be great to have nice pictures to update the document.

chancc

How does the back cover of this album look like?
I would love to get a copy of this..where can I find this???

Sorry for late reply i had to save this album and the Israel version first, they are from one of my dealers from Italy.

The inner backside cover of the Japanese album is imho quite interesting, too.

View attachment 7699

Last edited by a moderator:

redwhite

How does the back cover of this album look like?
I have 2 empty of the 4 different albums in my collection.
One with a blue advertising border and the other with a green one. The inside is just the same.
As you could already see in the previous pictures (posted by @Bidus ) the album is full of advertising. The album is also a lot heavier and taller than the international version. The two borders on the up- and downside are extra (see 3rd picture below) + also extra advertising pages.
A complete set of the Israeli edition is 650 stickers (639 + 11 hebrew letter stickers), a complete international set counts only 576 stickers.
As a typo lover the hebrew language is a pleasure for the eye.

I'll share the first and last pages of an empty album.

2 different covers

the only difference is the advertising on the cover frame border upside

format is taller

first page inside

next page

last page inside

Last edited:

redwhite

The recent prices for the shiny Coca Cola letter stickers on eBay were just surreal. 10 or 15€ per sticker okay but 30-50$? Never!
Hear, hear, and that for a collector who's currently selling regular hebrew WC02-stickers for 25€ each and the badge of Israel for 40€ at eBay.
I doubt to buy them, such a bargain! :p

G

Garuda

Just following the regular asking prices for this edition. However regular is something else between 1 and 576..

Have you ever asked for a Brazil badge or for Ronaldo from the Brazilian edition 2002? In compare 40€ is indeed a real bargain..

Bidus

@Garuda Brazil Badge or Rolado from 2002 of brazilian editon can be very easily found at 25 euros maximum on Mercado Livre Brazil. It is almost easy to found them at a beter price.

Last edited:
G

Garuda

Oh really? I only found them from 60$ upwards on mercado so far and none of my Brazilian sources was able to find them for a better rate yet.

Actually it is not suitable to compare Brazilian and Israeli stickers from the same collection as the Brazilian market is significant bigger. But it shows that even Brazilian special stickers of 2002 have already a rather high price in compare to to the regular stickers of this edition. For a complete set WC 2002 Brazilian edition + empty album there is one seller on mercado who has an asking price of far beyond 1000€. When even a Ronaldo or the Brazilian badge from Brazil are at "only" 25€ it would be rather mysterious when the rarer Hebrew stickers have the same or a lower rate. That does not mean that i would buy them for 25€ or 40€ but in compare these asking prices sound more reasonable for me now.

Bidus

Maybe your are right it was some time ago and I have work colleagues in Brazil who can handle that with "local prices".

Only one tought, I guess any auction plateform (eBay, Mercado libre, ...) are not the best place to set a price for something no ? Because usually prices are not relevant with the result of auctions. For example, people are asking for a 1970 album 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 euros and when you look at the auctions they used to be sold at 2000 euros.

G

Garuda

Imho it depends a lot on the edition. Of course 6k€ up for a used set Mexico 70 + recovered album is nothing than a bad joke and nobody would buy this item for these rates. Complete albums Mexico 70 in vgc can easily be found for around 2k€ as there are still a lot of these albums for sale. But there are other (rarer) editions where people sometimes even pay much more than the auction start price. These are usually those items that suddenly disappear after a couple of days (item is not available anymore..).

CSKA Sofia Forever

Imho it depends a lot on the edition. Of course 6k€ up for a used set Mexico 70 + recovered album is nothing than a bad joke and nobody would buy this item for these rates. Complete albums Mexico 70 in vgc can easily be found for around 2k€ as there are still a lot of these albums for sale. But there are other (rarer) editions where people sometimes even pay much more than the auction start price. These are usually those items that suddenly disappear after a couple of days (item is not available anymore..).
It is a much worse joke when you buy an "original" complete 1970 album for 2000€ with most or all rare (a little more than 80) cards and (45) stickers being fakes. And then realize that the missing rare cards in used condition cost minimum another 2500€. Plus another ~1500€ for the stickers... in used condition! ;)

Last edited:
G

Garuda

That´s definitely true and one of the reasons why i never bought a complete Mexico 70 album. There are so many reproductions (fakes) outside that it´s getting harder and harder to find authentic stuff. I got only a couple of serious sources where i preferably bought my set cards and stickers. The most reproductions i found in the Netherlands, followed by Belgium. Nowadays even displays, sealed packets and empty albums are being offered as reproductions and i have NO understanding that Panini is just doing nothing against these criminals because it´s a big harm as for Panini itself as for all serious collectors. In compare rare versions like Brazil or Israel 2002 are still fairly "save" but i suppose it´s only a matter of time until the first fake stickers of these editions will appear. In Columbia they even tried to sell me fake stickers of the Coca Cola Celebration set 2010 some years ago. Fortunately i had a lot of luck with this fake crap until now as almost all sellers took their crap stuff back.

E

ElPrince

I have a few packets of the Korea Japan 2002 collection with Israeli stickers inside.
Packets look like the international version but contain 7 stickers. I have the two versions: Coca Cola and the regular one

Jimmy1975

Im looking for the extra stickers from Brazil:
171 - Marcos
173 - Juan
177 - Edmilson
178 - Beletti
179 - Ronaldinho Guacho

Im also looking for all the Brazilian team stickers from Brazil with different shirt.

Is theese stickers possible to get somewhere, or do you have to be Dagobert Ducks grandson to get theese stickers?