Panini France 98 (Review + discussion)

SubZero

In 1998 the company La Vache Qui Rit issued a collection Stars of World Football History (1998) which included following 12 stickers:

1. 1930 - Guillermo Stabile
2. 1938 - Leonidas
3. 1950 - Larry Gaetjens
4. 1958 - Just Fontaine
5. 1966 - Lev Yashin
6. 1970 - Franz Beckenbauer
7. 1974 - Dino Zoff
8. 1978 - Mario Kempes
9. 1982 - Paolo Rossi
10. 1986 - Socrates
11. 1990 - Roger Milla
12. 1994 - Romario

I was lucky to get 2 stickers from this collection Greek edition

image.jpgimage.jpg

On the site Football Cartophilic Info Exchange I found some information about these stickers which were issued in 1998 and were dedicated WC 98 and found out that these stickers were on sale in such countries as Switzerland, France, Germany, Netherlands, UK. The images in all countries are the same, only text on the back is in the language of the country where they were sold.

Here is the link about this collection: https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.com/2017/08/la-vache-qui-rit-geschichte-des.html

It would be interesting to know if it was cooperation la Vache qui rit with Panini? If the poster was issued to stick them? And of course see all the stickers.

Any information about these collection dedicated WC 98 is welcome!

Last edited:

Kruszyn2

Hi! I am interested in buying a set from France 1998. I found this set on eBay. In summary, this seller has many such sets. Someone had the pleasure to buy something from this seller? What do you think about this set? I can buy?

Devanassche

Hi! I am interested in buying a set from France 1998. I found this set on eBay. In summary, this seller has many such sets. Someone had the pleasure to buy something from this seller? What do you think about this set? I can buy?

Hi. Two weeks ago I bought some panini stuff from this person. I can really recommend him, top seller!

DecjeNovineFan

still in 2020 you guys think that you bid on original iran set by Italian sellers? you really think so? how its possible that last 5-6 years they have so much original sets? because they made them now , only france 98 iran sticker that are 100% original are Italian version removed from magazine and south american version with tiny holes between sticker .... UK version is not possible to know what is original what copy, that version is that rare that almost no one have it , but italian sellers have new one every week ))))) , problem is now when you buy original UK version, you again are not sure 100% that you have original from UK magazine beacuse its so much copys sell by italian sellers as original in last 5-6 years, but yes you still biding on 70-80euro on his auctions thinking you bid on original set and they made new auction week by week nice bussines they make , very strange

Pei

So yesterday a friend from Israel gone crazy and opened a sealed 98' WC box in a break format - everyone that participates choses a number between 1-100.

The packets had no dots, the Spain squad came with popups.
The 3 English rare players came out extra, around 8-12 times, they were placed backwards at the end of the packet. It's like Panini tried to give compensation with later boxes for those missing players.
If you want to see the whole break - Part 1, Part 2

Last edited:

Broncky

hello i got recently a lot of stickers from this set (WC98) but i noticed they doesn't paste anymore.
is that normal with older stickers or not ?