Panini France 98 (Review + discussion)

JJCJ

As far as I could find, these have regular Panini blue backs:

- Shinny stickers: 1, 2, 3 and all badges (except Spain and Iran).
- Mexico players, 353 to 370.
- Team pictures: NOR, ITA, CMR, AUT, FRA, RSA, DEN, BUL, KRS, MEX, GER, YUG, JAM. I still need to identify if the rest of the teams also have blue backs.

Danone stickers and popup versions (228 to 245), Danone Football Stars and Danone Serenisima versions, all have blue backs but with different design.

Last edited:

JJCJ

Thanks @JJCJ but I all countries It was like that ? Shinies / team photos / mexico players / Spain popups ?
Sorry but it is not clear to me which type of package comes with what types of back paper, I have only the loose stickers. I guess that's why there are different types of sticker packets (with one, two, three or none red dots)

Bidus

Ok @JJCJ thanks.

Still an open question on the blue back stickers. Hope we will have an answers from the other members of CR. :cool:

paul85

So basically pursuing a blue unstuck set at this time is impossible. I can only collect the mexican team and a set of badges plus photos of each team with blue backs??
Thought they released blue backs in south america.

Bidus

So basically pursuing a blue unstuck set at this time is impossible. I can only collect the mexican team and a set of badges plus photos of each team with blue backs??
Thought they released blue backs in south america.
You are right all set with blue backs seems that it does not exist only badges + Teams photo + team mexico

I have m Guerin Sportivo version buy in Italy, and i think that all UK Versions is selling on ebay is fakes , at least 99% of them, because it's not possible that people have that much of them , it was very rare release from UK newspaper , and now no one can say "i have original uk version" no one have proof that he have original only his words, reprints are kill original UK version and i don't wish to pay like 100euros for something if i don't have proof that i buy original, and hen you buy Guerin Sportivo version you know that you have original

paul85

@all. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the france 98 albums?
Have the italians robbed panini? There is a flood of people selling various empty mint versions (jamaican, arabic, turkish etc.) of the album on ebay.

paul85

@Makhno I have one theory where its just 1-2-3 friends all selling the same thing and keeping the price up...but every new day ... its like another seller emerges...with the same...items.
Plus euro 96 russian version with sticker pack included...also for sale @ all of them

@Makhno I have one theory where its just 1-2-3 friends all selling the same thing and keeping the price up...but every new day ... its like another seller emerges...with the same...items.
Plus euro 96 russian version with sticker pack included...also for sale @ all of them
i buy from guy rare croatia edition 2 albums , guy is honest seller , there is 2 accounts selling these albums ... it's not important if they are friends they are not cheaters and they sell outside ebay too for better price i buy my like that

E

ElPrince

@all. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the france 98 albums?
Have the italians robbed panini? There is a flood of people selling various empty mint versions (jamaican, arabic, turkish etc.) of the album on ebay.
just a little batch of empty albums from Panini, sometimes they find here and there old items and sell them

Juel

Maybe if you only focus on the stickers without front logo, it could be easier (not easy... just easier). I personnly forgot the second set because the only variation is the back of the sticker and I'm not interested in.
Hi
I'm looking for 3 Danone stickers WC 98 with Danish players Allan Nielsen With and Without logo and Brian Laudrup With logo Do you know where to find them?
All the best, Søren

Bidus

Hi
I'm looking for 3 Danone stickers WC 98 with Danish players Allan Nielsen With and Without logo and Brian Laudrup With logo Do you know where to find them?
All the best, Søren
There is 4 Danish players on those sets : Laudrup, Nielsen, Schmeichel, Helveg
  • The set without WC logo is called Danone Superstars
  • The set with the logo is Called just Danone or Danone La Serenisima. There is 2 different backs one with just the danone Logo and one with Danone & La Serenisima logo
All of them are almost easy to find on eBay.

Juel

There is 4 Danish players on those sets : Laudrup, Nielsen, Schmeichel, Helveg
  • The set without WC logo is called Danone Superstars
  • The set with the logo is Called just Danone or Danone La Serenisima. There is 2 different backs one with just the danone Logo and one with Danone & La Serenisima logo
All of them are almost easy to find on eBay.
Ok thanks for your reply but at the moment I can not find them on Ebay
All best Søren

Hi @Juel
You should open a thread in the Buying section or Trade/Swap section of the forum. I'm sure someone here could help you. Otherwise, the well known auctions website is also a solution I guess.
Thanks for your advice