Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Which version will you collect?

• Softcover, it's cheaper and old school!

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • Hardcover, quality above all!

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Both, I want everything!

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • None, rubbish collection!

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
World Cup sticker album prices for Mexico.

Divide the number for 18 to get the prices in US Dollar.

"Album venta": Softcover album- Aprox $1,4
"Album pasta dura": Hardcover album- Aprox: $5,5
"Sobre azul": Stickers pack- Aprox: $0,78
"Caja 100 sobre azul": 100 packs box: Aprox $78

View attachment 9107
Prizes in mexican pesos
I wouldn't just convert prices like that... Usually, packets are cheaper in south american countries, Mexico included... For instance, Brazil usually had half the price than Europe (I remember when WC 2014 was released, it was 0.60€/packet, while in Brazil it was something like 100 reais, which was around 0.30€)... Also, an Euro 2016 box had mexican prices too and it was just 7 pesos each packet... Even if they doubled the packet prices, the albums are still way cheaper than Europe, no way you could get an hardcover album in Europe for just 5€ right off the bat.

So, in the end, the packets seems way expensive for what's usual in Mexico, which can make me wonder if in Europe we won't get those 90c per packet.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Seems mexicans are furious with Panini for the huge increase on price there... As I said before, Euro 2016 was just 7 pesos/packet, which is roughly around 0.30€ currently, but Panini now is claiming to even prices for everyone:

If this is true, Panini surely doesn't know how the world works... You can't ask the same effort for everyone, when there are countries with far less resources... Also, if they really applied this to everyone, nordic countries would pay less now, which obviously isn't going to happen.

Also, some mexicans seems sure Panini will have the same approach as NBA, just like @Caniggia wrote before:
i just hope will not be like with NBA 2018, stickers + 1 card, but I really don't think so. 0,70 or 0,60 will be price
Which means: one sticker packet = 5 stickers + Adrenalyn card... Be advised this is only speculation, so don't jump into conclusions right away.

D8ct9r

Contributor

D8ct9r

Contributor
Where are you from ? The purpose of this forum is also to help each other.

Bidus
I'm from Slovenia.

I know that people here are willing to help, but I said it like that, because probably this item will be limited to one per person due to there only being 1,000 of them.

But yes once this will be available for sale (as I understand this is currently only available on Clickdistribution, which does not sell to end consumers) if somebody will be able to help I would be intersted to buy this item.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There will be boxes with 100 packets. End consumer will pay GBP 0.8, which is the same as in Germany, which we can now more or less confirm is EUR 0.9 per packet. Card prices are also available here.
Panini will just need to consider if they want to be known as a greedy company or an ethical company... Rising between 30/50% in both stickers and cards is a massive steal.
I rest my case.

Well, these are really sad news... My last "hope", but really, really tiny is that panini will include 6 stickers instead of 5....
Germans are advertising it as 5 stickers per packet.

I would suggest for Panini, to include the coachs stickers, as they are very important for the team success or failure.
I agree.
Not to mention that there is no fear for inaccuracies, since the coaches do not resign/get fired during this tournament compared to a full football season.

0,18 per sticker..
And also quite possibly the "EURO2016 feature": Shinies being impossible to find and regarded as something really rare/untradeable...

They want to convert the stickers and axl cards into "Prizm" cost colllections, which seems like a really bad move.
Not only for the collectors, but for them too.
It's on the collectors' hand to stop giving them money for each and every one collection they issue each year.
I personally am going back to the time when i was collecting only WC and EURO collections.

D8ct9r

Contributor
Let me throw in another perspective… When talking about the price the issue is not always black and white, so let's put a spin on this and think about what Panini could do and still (in my opinion) raise the prices.

They could decrease the amount of printed stickers/cards (it can be applied to both), with that once the World Cup would be over the supply of stickers/cards would run out, in that way you leave some value to collectors and not only to yourself.

The problem is the oversupply as one can buy 100 packets of WC 2006 for 25 EUR and they are 12 years old, or 100 packs of WC 2010 for EUR 10… There were obviously too many of them printed back then... But they expect that one will pay EUR 90 for 100 packets of WC 2018…

So if Panini would bring down the supply and raise the prices I would have no problem, with the prices going up. The problem is that supply will (probably) be at least the same (Italy might save us here, otherwise I would bet that supply would be way higher), but the prices will also go up.

Stickers are “entry-level” collectibles and the fact that it now costs you a minimum of EUR 120 (assuming you are totally rational with 130 packs + Album and you swap one for one), but probably closer to EUR 200 to finish the collection is a problem, especially if they expect that one will try to finish multiple collections per year.

One final thought: Imagine if you could sell Panini 2014 WC for about EUR 150 (or at least something close) to get the money you need to complete the 2018 collection, it wouldn’t be that bad. From the collector’s standpoint I think that the fact that finished collections hold some kind of value is important otherwise 100% of the buyers will look at this as a commodity and nobody will be prepared to spend a lot of money on this sort of hobby - There will be no collectors and this will be a problem for the company that calls itself "the world leader in the published collectable sector".

Now look in to your closet and behold the collection that you spent more than EUR 100 in 2014 is now worth EUR 35, so you can't even buy one box of new Panini WC 2018 stickers with it.

I understand the above approach on the matter but let's not forget that we are on the buyers' side and there is no need to justify the company's financial decision based on their revenue.

And the most fundamental thing for me is that this hobby is all about fun.
Every child should be able to complete a sticker or card collection of a major football tournament, without having to consider the "decreased supply" of stickers or cards printed. If they want to close the circle, lifting the price is a great choice. But this erases what collecting has been about in every WC summer for the past (at least) 20 years.

Hello to everyone after long 2 years. :) For the start, I am really looking forward to this World Cup and Panini album. Croatian newspaper distributor TISAK said the price will remain same - 4 HRK = 0,55e but it will come out start of April.

My personal wishes for this album are :
city stickers
stadium stickers
team photos in one sticker
NO shiny stickers
NO in action stickers
NO tiny stickers like in FRANCE 2016..

So basically I am hoping for similar album like World Cup 2006 or 2010 just with additional city stickers.

I don’t know if this is old news but the box of 100 packs here in the US is $50 and the hardcover album and some packs is $20 (that’s the price on a website in the US) which is the same price as the last World Cup. Hopefully prices will remain the same.

It would be a shame that the hobby of collecting won't be affordable anymore for kids who would start with their little savings... If you count it down it's a serious investment for parents... :confused:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
0,18 per sticker..
And also quite possibly the "EURO2016 feature": Shinies being impossible to find and regarded as something really rare/untradeable...

They want to convert the stickers and axl cards into "Prizm" cost colllections, which seems like a really bad move.
Not only for the collectors, but for them too.
It's on the collectors' hand to stop giving them money for each and every one collection they issue each year.
I personally am going back to the time when i was collecting only WC and EURO collections.
Usually, the World Cup albums don't have that shiny feature... Looking back, the last WC with tough shinies was France 98... WC 2002 was Ireland stickers, 2006 & 2010 were pretty easy to complete, 2014 had 200 stickers easier than the other 440 (which naturally made the collection harder to complete and keeping collectors with a lot of doubles from those 200)... But, Panini never ceases to surprise, so who knows what they still have in store for us... I would remain pessimistic, so any "bad" news would not dissapoint so much, while the "good" ones would be received with joy.

Let me throw in another perspective… When talking about the price the issue is not always black and white, so let's put a spin on this and think about what Panini could do and still (in my opinion) raise the prices.

They could decrease the amount of printed stickers/cards (it can be applied to both), with that once the World Cup would be over the supply of stickers/cards would run out, in that way you leave some value to collectors and not only to yourself.

The problem is the oversupply as one can buy 100 packets of WC 2006 for 25 EUR and they are 12 years old, or 100 packs of WC 2010 for EUR 10… There were obviously too many of them printed back then... But they expect that one will pay EUR 90 for 100 packets of WC 2018…

So if Panini would bring down the supply and raise the prices I would have no problem, with the prices going up. The problem is that supply will (probably) be at least the same (Italy might save us here, otherwise I would bet that supply would be way higher), but the prices will also go up.

Stickers are “entry-level” collectibles and the fact that it now costs you a minimum of EUR 120 (assuming you are totally rational with 130 packs + Album and you swap one for one), but probably closer to EUR 200 to finish the collection is a problem, especially if they expect that one will try to finish multiple collections per year.

One final thought: Imagine if you could sell Panini 2014 WC for about EUR 150 (or at least something close) to get the money you need to complete the 2018 collection, it wouldn’t be that bad. From the collector’s standpoint I think that the fact that finished collections hold some kind of value is important otherwise 100% of the buyers will look at this as a commodity and nobody will be prepared to spend a lot of money on this sort of hobby - There will be no collectors and this will be a problem for the company that calls itself "the world leader in the published collectable sector".

Now look in to your closet and behold the collection that you spent more than EUR 100 in 2014 is now worth EUR 35, so you can't even buy one box of new Panini WC 2018 stickers with it.
Honestly, I'm not seeing Panini so concerned with those leftovers... Pretty sure they earn, at least, 10x what they spend to make a box... And we don't know if Panini actually earns something when you see those ebay sellers and others with thousands from albums, boxes, etc... Who knows, they might sell them for the actual production cost (at least they don't lose money)... Also, you surely have seen those megapacks from Germany, selling 100 packs + album for just 10€... So you see, Panini knows how to "counter" that.

For collectors, there's an easy way to, at least, not lose (much) money after the drastic value reduction: sell everything before that happens... I would say the time limit is immediately after the World Cup, after July/August there's an obvious slump on demand... And then either collect again or buying a new set for a cheapar price... You have the best of two worlds, still enjoying collecting before and during World Cup, then keeping the complete set for a better price after the WC.

Hello to everyone after long 2 years. :) For the start, I am really looking forward to this World Cup and Panini album. Croatian newspaper distributor TISAK said the price will remain same - 4 HRK = 0,55e but it will come out start of April.

My personal wishes for this album are :
city stickers
stadium stickers
team photos in one sticker
NO shiny stickers
NO in action stickers
NO tiny stickers like in FRANCE 2016..

So basically I am hoping for similar album like World Cup 2006 or 2010 just with additional city stickers.
Agree with tiny stickers, in action depends on what they use for, shiny stickers are always eye-candy for any album.

Good thing there you still have your own currency, but probably that price is still as expensive there for croatians as 90c for the portuguese (perhaps the germans and others with better salaries in general will not be affected by it).

I don’t know if this is old news but the box of 100 packs here in the US is $50 and the hardcover album and some packs is $20 (that’s the price on a website in the US) which is the same price as the last World Cup. Hopefully prices will remain the same.
Those are 50 packs boxes, not 100.