• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Kin

if the main color of the album's cover is red, i'll be totally disappointed as it's just like the one in 2010.

i expect some different colors like yellow or purple which were seldom used in the past.

the most frequently used color is blue, 1978, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2014. so i don't like the album to be blue again this year.

the black or white would be rare, like 1974 and 1986, but still a lot better than red or blue.

Green is not bad either, it's used in 1982.

as for the Swiss Edition, last time it's silver so i hope it would be gold this time.

for the stickers inside, i hope there would be close to 700 or 800 stickers this year.

stickers like city scenes, managers and posters in the past should be included

to some collectors, it may be a pity they never issued stickers with the official 1994 emblem on them. (2012 world cup cards has the 1994 poster and official 1994 emblem, but not the stickers)

and they never issued the poster stickers of 1998, so hope they could make 2 pages full of posters from 1930 - 2014, like the album in 1986.

official sponsors could also be made stickers if possible.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The Brazil World Cup album cover didn’t have the flags on it

https://goo.gl/images/U5w4it
When I wrote about the flags, I thought to myself "I've got the feeling some recent past album didn't have the flags... meh, screw it, not gonna check!" :p

if the main color of the album's cover is red, i'll be totally disappointed as it's just like the one in 2010.

i expect some different colors like yellow or purple which were seldom used in the past.

the most frequently used color is blue, 1978, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2014. so i don't like the album to be blue again this year.

the black or white would be rare, like 1974 and 1986, but still a lot better than red or blue.

Green is not bad either, it's used in 1982.

as for the Swiss Edition, last time it's silver so i hope it would be gold this time.

for the stickers inside, i hope there would be close to 700 or 800 stickers this year.

stickers like city scenes, managers and posters in the past should be included

to some collectors, it may be a pity they never issued stickers with the official 1994 emblem on them. (2012 world cup cards has the 1994 poster and official 1994 emblem, but not the stickers)

and they never issued the poster stickers of 1998, so hope they could make 2 pages full of posters from 1930 - 2014, like the album in 1986.

official sponsors could also be made stickers if possible.
Welcome to the forums :)

It's not really like the 2010, which was orange... Red is appropriate due to being the main color for the russian team, plus for most 2018 World Cup official advertisements... What lacks about it, in my opinion, is something else to fill the cover, just like the 2014 had those plants/leafs/whatever.

However, I would totally accept it if the inside had some new and good things, just like you mentioned about previous WC's... But, since the 90's, Panini never bothered to create memorable World Cup album, as they know it will sell like crazy... So it will surely be the usual logos, cities, stadiums + around 20 stickers for each team.

I'm still hopeful they do something different, like 2 players per one sticker, just like they did with first FIFA 365 collection... It would leave much more "space" to create extra related stickers and become the best World Cup album ever :D

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Helios are you referring to the link to a landing page? If so, I can't replicate that issue. May you please be more specific? 404 is an error code that a page does not exist, I am not seeing that error on my end.

Edit: Just realized that you're talking about the homepage. Fixed that one. Once the review for WC2018 is available it will link to it, for now I just linked it to a "release date" page. Thanks for the head ups.

And don't forget there will be N different editions with extra sets in M (M > 10) countries. Start saving now! :p:D;)
No problem, equation easy to resolve :
M = Numbers of Countries
NC = Numbers of Cardzreview members of M
N = Numbers of different editions
S = Swap to everyone

Values :
S = Swap to everyone = 1 if Speculation = 0
S = Swap to everyone = 0 if Speculation = 1

So only one solution :
With (NC > M) and Speculation = 0 then S = 1
Repeat to each N

Almost easy no ?

Bidus

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I would not draw conclusions based on one online store sharing pre-release info and photos from the internet. The pricing has not been officially announced yet. As for variations, I do not get why people complain about them, nobody is forced to collect those, just focused on whatever you want in your collection.

Beside my badly IT guy joke,

90 cts if it is the final price (as Pavle just mentionned), will be 50% raise if we compare it with the price in 2014 60 cts. Really I don't think so.

Bidus

Helios

Contributor
Beside my badly IT guy joke,

90 cts if it is the final price (as Pavle just mentionned), will be 50% raise if we compare it with the price in 2014 60 cts. Really I don't think so.

Bidus
I started collecting in 1980 with Fußball 80 album. Price 20 Pfennig per pack.
Ten years later price was 50 Pfennig .
So 2.5 times more in a decade..
Leaving out 80 Cent ang go from 70 to 90 would be asthonishing.

Why should the online shop publish wrong prices for pre-order?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Why should the online shop publish wrong prices for pre-order?
To collect money from the impatient people. They do not have a product they're selling so I don't see how they can price it. Just be patient, let's not spread misinformation until rrp is announced.

Last edited:

D8ct9r

Contributor
My German is not perfect so please correct me if I'm wrong, but it says:

"Laut Aktuellen Stand kosten die Stickertüten 0,90 € und beinhalten 5 Sticker.
Sollten die Stickertüten doch weniger kosten, so bekommen Sie für den Überschüssigen Kaufpreis zusätzliche Stickertüten
"
Source: https://www.stick-it-now.de/sticker/panini/fussball/wm-em/panini-wm-2018-russland-sticker

Which I understand as (paraphrasing here): "According to the current status one packet costs 0.9 EUR and includs 5 stickers... BUT if the packet will be cheaper in the end (meaning once the collection comes out) you will get more packets to cover the difference.

I'm not saying it will not cost 0.9 EUR in the end (I don’t have that information) but they are also not saying the will give back the money, just that they will give you more packets if the final price will be lower... Now let me tell you how this works in finance or retail.

If you purchase your products in bulk (meaning in great quantities) the price per unit is cheaper for you as a buyer and what they are probably trying to do (or what I would do if I was in their place) is to buy as many as possible because their price per packet/box/unit is then lower when ordering from Panini. For example if they buy 10 boxes as a retailer the price for a box would be between 20 EUR and 25 EUR (and they will sell it for EUR 35 – at current prices of EUR 0.7 per packet), but if you buy 1,000 boxes the price per box will be cheaper as Panini will give them a discount, so let's say from 15 EUR to 20 EUR per box of 50 stickers, so their profit margin will be higher even if they will at the end sell at EUR 0.7 per packet.

P.S. - Numbers are made up as in Germany alone somwhere around 100 million packets will be sold this year. Also EUR 20 per box is a correct price as of 2011 when the price per packet in Germany was 0.6 EUR, I don't know today's prices - Source: http://www.top-media.de/start/email/WM-Frauen-2011/WM-Frauen-2011-EH.html

They just want to have a free financing (for example they could take out a loan to be able to buy 1,000 boxes, but that would cost them as banks are not giving loans for free) of their inventory of stickers/boxes and because they know that people are pre-ordering they know that they will sell all pre-orders and the rest they could buy with their own money.

So as Pavle said nothing about the final price is set in stone yet, so we shouldn’t panic just yet.

Caniggia

Contributor
i just hope will not be like with NBA 2018, stickers + 1 card, but I really don't think so. 0,70 or 0,60 will be price

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
i just hope will not be like with NBA 2018, stickers + 1 card, but I really don't think so. 0,70 or 0,60 will be price
I also remembered it could have some card or whatever to increase the price, but those germans don't mention anything like that... One thing it really annoys me is how people spat some scandalous statement and won't even bother to explain it... Ok, it's 90c, but why? Production costs? Something extra? Just because Panini or the actual store want more profit?

For now, until there's a confirmed price, I'll say it's just the german store wanting to make some easy profit for the impatient people, as @Pavle wrote. No need bashing Panini for something not confirmed.

I started collecting in 1980 with Fußball 80 album. Price 20 Pfennig per pack.
Ten years later price was 50 Pfennig .
So 2.5 times more in a decade..
Leaving out 80 Cent ang go from 70 to 90 would be asthonishing.
I remember very well the Album Argentina 78, the paquet price was 50 cts (French Francs) equals in euros around 8 cts. If the paquet reach 70 cts like the Euro 2016, it will be an factor of 8,75 times more in 40 years.

I really don't know if the salary of everyone was multiplicated by 9 over the last 40 years but according with french statistics the minimum legal salary was multiplated between 1980 and 2018 by only 4,2.