Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Which version will you collect?

• Softcover, it's cheaper and old school!

Votes: 60 32.3%
  • Hardcover, quality above all!

Votes: 66 35.5%
  • Both, I want everything!

Votes: 53 28.5%
  • None, rubbish collection!

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi all,
I’m new to these forums and also new to collecting the WC sticker albums. Unfortunately I think I have made a rookie error in sticking the recently release replacement stickers over the originals. Can anyone tell me if the collection is salvageable or whether it is worth starting again.

Also, just out of curiosity could someone please explain to me why it is a mistake to stick replacement sticks over the originals?
Thanks so much for your help!
It's not a "mistake" per se, but.... Reasons to NOT stick replacements over the originals:
- You're "losing" the originals;
- You easily notice there are two stickers instead of one (these stickers don't have very good quality, are thin and you can see below there's another... plus, unless the stickers match exactly the same size, you'll see again there's two stickers).
- Unnecessary thickness for the album;
- Overall, it's ugly :p

Doesn't seem salvageable, so leave it like that... In case you want a new album with only originals, in the next months (even years), you'll find cheap deals, so it won't be too expensive.

I have found all pictures of this "hand made" Managers set ⚽

View attachment 10914View attachment 10915
Even if they are copies, they look damn cool... And holy shit, whoever did this actually put brazilian manager full name!

dantzig said:
Well, Costa is right too, but it's not his last name and you have to say "da Costa" (just like the moroccan player, who actually played for Portugal youth teams)... It's like instead of Tite, they wrote "Adenor Bacchi"... It's not wrong, but it's not how he's known.
Rookie mistakes for sure, whoever did this should know how they are known.

3 bad things about it:
1. Why Panini doesn't do it!
2. Silver frame sucks
3.Update sticker Spain?:p
Amen.

D8ct9r

Does somebody know if there was some kind of Panini Coca Cola promotion in Spain during the World Cup? Cartophilic-info-exch has a photo of a Spanish Coca Cola album… According to the information there was a special album, but no special/extra stickers…
So just to conclude this Spain Coca Cola Album topic.

I receive mine from a seller from Spain, one of three I ever saw online First, Second, Third (here you can also see more photos of it).

I tweeted out a photo of the album and thanks to @AndyR it got more reach and then I wrote a mail to Panini Spain.

Basically the conclusion is that this is definitely the Spanish version of the album, because the inside is the same as the normal version sold in Spain (no My Panini promotion on the inside front cover, no promotion on the back inside cover and an order form to order stickers from Panini Spain). The quality of the cover and pages is just as bad as with other free Panini products (wavy pages). So my conclusion is that it is in fact album made by Panini or this is the best fake that I ever saw, including the use of low quality materials…

The problem is that collectors from Spain that responded to my tweet never saw such an album and Panini Spain decided not to respond to my mail (to be fair it was in English so maybe they thought it was spam…). So the only information I have was from the seller (he’s not a first time seller, as he has good ratings both on eBay and on todocoleccion.net) who said that this album was a gift when buying Coca Cola products. All three albums are not in the best condition, they all have their covers bent and other small damages, so it definitely looks like they were in some store where such damage could occur.

Maybe someday I will find out more…
and I can't even see the code in the back
Code in the white rectangle on the back, where the barcode should be if this was a pay version album, is 003674AE47V, if this is what you were trying to see.

Dieter

Does somebody know if the updates purchased in a country with the pink version are different then the ones sold in a country with black version?

Rok Sodja

Does somebody know if the updates purchased in a country with the pink version are different then the ones sold in a country with black version?
I think not. I ordered one update pack from Slovenian publisher and update stickers have black backs. It's version with 4 update stickeres per sheet.

marinerpete

If anybody bought the box with the international album and the 50? packets I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know if there is a countries flag on the back of the album or just blank.

Helios

Contributor
100 packs, but I don't know, but I will ask a friend who bought it cause Panini headquarters themselves said it was a hardcover album inside, which is not the case!:rolleyes::confused:

Lyta

If anybody bought the box with the international album and the 50? packets I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know if there is a countries flag on the back of the album or just blank.
I would like to know that as well.
I actually wanted to buy it but they pulled it from sale pretty fast. Original link is also not active anywhere.

Hi guys ,
I found a version of the album with the flags of Mauritius , South Africa , Tunisia , and Hungary on the back of the album . Is that version any famous or have you ever heard about it ? Are people interested in it ?
Also - I finally found a shop in albania selling panini officially , they are offering boxes now with 40% discount - around 30 euro per box of 50. they look white , and inside the packs are white. on the back of the boxes there are plenty of countries , from memory , Hong Kong , Singapore , Bulgaria , possibly Slovenia if I remember well. Is that also something people look for ?

Thanks to let me know. I can buy for you if you want that. The boxes are sealed.Also I am thinking to buy it for myself. Is it the version with 682 or with 670 stickers ?

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
Boxes are with the 670 version..

You can get 100 packs of 670 version by polish eBay sellers for nearly same price by now..;-)

Last edited:
Boxes are with the 670 version..

You can get 100 packs of 670 version by polish eBay sellers for nearly same price by now..;-)
I see :) but then you have to pay for the shipping ) I bought two boxes to do the collection with my son , so it's ok :) I have to wait so many months until copa america 2019 and women s world cup 2019

Helios

Contributor
I see :) but then you have to pay for the shipping ) I bought two boxes to do the collection with my son , so it's ok :) I have to wait so many months until copa america 2019 and women s world cup 2019
I can only recommend Fifa 365 2019 sticker series - so far the best football series Panini has issued in the last years..

Helios

Contributor
With Italy not qualifying there was a BIG chance to do it, but they prefered not to ..so we can skip that for the future..;)

thank you , but I don't have the budget for it , the collection is great indeed. I have to "stick" to my plan , otherwise i will get distracted.

With Italy not qualifying there was a BIG chance to do it, but they prefered not to ..so we can skip that for the future..;)
and it's better this way I think. However they could easily do the coaches , city pictures , and at least two goalkeepers.

Bahnsen

This may be a bit of topic and I am sorry, if it has been mentioned before.
But Panini is doing a Sticker Tribute Signatures subset in the upcoming Panini Treble trading card set.

This is the checklist so far:

Aaron Mooy - Australia
Alisson - Brazil
Bryan Ruiz - Costa Rica
Carlos Vela - Mexico
Christian Eriksen - Denmark
Cristiano Ronaldo - Portugal
Davor Suker - Croatia
Diego Maradona - Argentina
Javier Hernandez - Mexico
John Stones - England
Jose Gimenez - Uruguay
Kasper Dolberg - Denmark
Kelechi Iheanacho - Nigeria
Lionel Messi - Argentina
Luka Modric - Croatia
Neymar Jr - Brazil
Paulo Wanchope - Costa Rica
Quini - Spain
Kyle Walker - England
Robert Prosinecki - Croatia
Roberto Baggio - Italy
Ronaldo - Brazil
Samuel Umtiti - France
Thierry Henry - France

I guess this subset is a must-have for all Sticker collectors ;)

Attachments