Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Which version will you collect?

• Softcover, it's cheaper and old school!

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • Hardcover, quality above all!

Votes: 66 35.9%
  • Both, I want everything!

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • None, rubbish collection!

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does somebody know if there was some kind of Panini Coca Cola promotion in Spain during the World Cup? Cartophilic-info-exch has a photo of a Spanish Coca Cola album… According to the information there was a special album, but no special/extra stickers…

I wasn’t able to find any more information online, but to be fair the same is true for the Swiss Coca Cola Album (how, when, where the promotion was run – I know about the Coop stores, but don’t know if they had exclusive promotion, etc.). Strange kind of promotion techniques by Coca Cola or my searching skill could be declining...
View attachment 10840
Source: Cartophilic-info-exch
The hell... Never heard of it too and seems spanish didn't either... Plus, why Coca-Cola gives away an album without anything related to it inside? Mexico have it WITH Coca-Cola stickers inside.

Also, if this was spanish, possibly would be written "cortesia" in the front, just like mexican version... Honestly, I just think this is an austrian version, as it's the only other CC version I recall.

Anyway, according to Alan, seems an Ivica Dodig supplied him with that info... There's no way to verify this is true just with those pictures and I can't even see the code in the back.

D8ct9r

Contributor
Plus, why Coca-Cola gives away an album without anything related to it inside?
They did the same with Argentina, but there were packets with 5 common stickers from the 670 sticker edition.

Back to the edition in question. It must be from Spain, that's how much I was able to find out searching online, but I hoped that some of you might be members of Facebook Groups, which are harder to search trough Google and where this promotion was maybe talked about.

I'm more interested from the perspective of how Panini and Coca Cola are running promotions than anything else (not the average Panini fan as you can see from the boring stuff I write about) and I was able to find a lot of information about the Mexican promotion, but nothing about Swiss promotion - with the exception of Coop stores having them, but even with this I’m not totally sure because somebody here posted a photo of the Coca Cola album on a Migros bag, so… Also Migros also had a different promotion of 1 packet containing 2 stickers which lasted from 10th of April until 15th of May, which was promoted online... And no Information at all about the promotion in Spain.

There’s a possibility that this is a similar promotion as with the French White album that was sold exclusively in Intermarché stores and there also I wasn’t able to find anything about the period in which this was available, etc. but at least those one were available to purchase there, so there was no promotion, but that’s not the case with Coca Cola albums.

So I guess I’ll keep searching but in case somebody is interested here’s what I found about the Mexican Coca Cola promotion – Kind of something I look with the other two:
1. Available with purchase of a Coca Cola (cans) six pack (just saw reports that it's available in Ciudad de México). Available in multiple retail chain stores - Chedraui, Walmart
2. Also available in the Superama online retail store if you bought Coca Cola products for at least 100 Mexican Pesos and enter the code PANINICOCA. This promotion ran from 12th of April in the Ciudad de México (local stores were fulfilling orders). Offer was limited to 10,000 albums.
3. In Superama retail stores with the purchase of 2x 3l Coca Cola

So if somebody knows anything I would appreciate it.
At least McDonald's promotions were eaiser to research :)

Lyta

Difference between albums are those ones, color is the same :
Brasil Silver Album Front Cover: Up left mention "Livro Illustrado Official and Up right mention "Edicao Limitada"
Mexican Silver Album Front Cover : No Mention
Brasil Silver Back cover : No flag of country only barecode on the Bottom right
Mexican Silver Back Cover : Flag of country with price and different barecode on the Bottom right
back in europe, got mexican ones, even coca cola hardcover, one guy at walmart universidad brought me one from “somewhere back there“ :D. it was given with certain coke purchases indeed, but it is not available for some time now! guess I was lucky to get one!

so, back to my question, now I know the answer ;) album covers are not the same color, but quite simmilar.
mexican platinum HC version is much more shiny, brazilian silver HC bit more matted! I will post the pictures bit later.

anyway, mexican and brazilian hardcover albums are by far the best ones in terms of paper quality. matched only by swiss gold HC! mexican coca cola album is probably the best one overall since it even has slightly better cover quality.

IMHO, french white HC album is the coolest of them all, and the best one to stick the stickers in, but for collectors these HC albums from mexico and brazil are beauties!

Helios

Contributor
Sorry, for me this is trash. Player stickers look awful with the big heads and player in motion in the back..
Interesting only the choice of legends with the Paraguayan Goalkeeper!

Lyta

Sorry, for me this is trash. Player stickers look awful with the big heads and player in motion in the back..
I find it good! Obviously copied Panini style, but nice album!

Lyta

obviously full brazilian set is available in the box as well, with silver album. here one pic with additional update set aside

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Looks like Liga Este in Spain...Good design or diferent...
Yes, similar to Liga Este indeed... I kinda liked it too, it's different for sure from Panini album and with some neat ideas... Maybe the best non-official I saw so far, with hardcover too.

@Helios you meant Mondragon? He's colombian, former oldest player in a World Cup (now it's the egyptian GK).

de gustibus non est disputandum..!:p

I also do NOT like the LIGA ESTE collection style .
Without checking that latin phrase, I would say it's similar in portuguese: "gostos não se discutem" (tastes can't be disputed or something like this) :D

Lyta

available? -you mean can be bought on eBay?
no, it doesnt look to me like something ebay seller created, so I guess it is available in Brazil. unfortunately not going there soon, so can't check it myself in one of those big livrarias

Helios

Contributor
no, it doesnt look to me like something ebay seller created, so I guess it is available in Brazil. unfortunately not going there soon, so can't check it myself in one of those big livrarias
I really don’t think so..found it on eBay..

Last edited:

appnana

Hey guys, I was very disappointed that the french in this album did not have their updated kit, so I made them with the new kit and order them. Do you like it?
Hi, can you tell me what type font is used where the player's club is? help me please

Ceesmk

I have the complete album
It's from "GOL Publishers"; the address is in Spain, but the album in on sale only in Peru; moreover, there are some special pages about the Peruvian team and the Peruvian players are only shinnies

Attachments

aussiecollector

Hi all,
I’m new to these forums and also new to collecting the WC sticker albums. Unfortunately I think I have made a rookie error in sticking the recently release replacement stickers over the originals. Can anyone tell me if the collection is salvageable or whether it is worth starting again.

Also, just out of curiosity could someone please explain to me why it is a mistake to stick replacement sticks over the originals?
Thanks so much for your help!