Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Which version will you collect?

• Softcover, it's cheaper and old school!

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • Hardcover, quality above all!

Votes: 69 36.1%
  • Both, I want everything!

Votes: 53 27.7%
  • None, rubbish collection!

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters

Lyta

Hi,
anyone got silver hard cover from Brasil?
Looking at ebay images it looks to me same color as mexican one?
ok, seems noone is interested
I got brasilian one and will be in mexico for work next week. If I get platinum one while there I will compare them when I'm home, but I already have a strong feeling these are the same color

Bidus

ok, seems noone is interested
I got brasilian one and will be in mexico for work next week. If I get platinum one while there I will compare them when I'm home, but I already have a strong feeling these are the same color
Difference between albums are those ones, color is the same :
Brasil Silver Album Front Cover: Up left mention "Livro Illustrado Official and Up right mention "Edicao Limitada"
Mexican Silver Album Front Cover : No Mention
Brasil Silver Back cover : No flag of country only barecode on the Bottom right
Mexican Silver Back Cover : Flag of country with price and different barecode on the Bottom right

D8ct9r

Wandering around ebay and found this.
It's a cool idea, but the "Fernando Costa" for Portugal manager has put me off :p
They had licensing problems with the surname and also come on now this is a misprint it’s worth a small fortune as such? I thought this is how things work with sticker collecting :p
Also don’t worry unofficial update is coming for sure… This time with Fernando Santos and Fernando Hierro.
And don't forget once the stickers come to Europe, you can sell them as official, even better if you wait a year or two, you'll be rich :D

redwhite

Wandering around ebay and found this.

It's a cool idea, but the "Fernando Costa" for Portugal manager has put me off :p
I really hate this kind of business and I also don't understand why collectors buy those unofficial items. Just the same for all other sellers who's selling copies and other crap without any licence, they should ban them. :mad:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They had licensing problems with the surname and also come on now this is a misprint it’s worth a small fortune as such? I thought this is how things work with sticker collecting :p
Also don’t worry unofficial update is coming for sure… This time with Fernando Santos and Fernando Hierro.
And don't forget once the stickers come to Europe, you can sell them as official, even better if you wait a year or two, you'll be rich :D
Hah, full of sarcasm! I like it :)

Well, Costa is right too, but it's not his last name and you have to say "da Costa" (just like the moroccan player, who actually played for Portugal youth teams)... It's like instead of Tite, they wrote "Adenor Bacchi"... It's not wrong, but it's not how he's known.

I wouldn't buy anyway, clearly whoever did this doesn't have the knowledge required, but it's still a nice idea to me.

I really hate this kind of business and I also don't understand why collectors buy those unofficial items. Just the same for all other sellers who's selling copies and other crap without any licence, they should ban them. :mad:
Well, I'm okay with these unofficial stuff, as long it's well done... After Euro 2016, a portuguese guy decided to to a spare set for Portugal champions with our best moments, mini-album and stickers printed in some print shop... He shared the idea and dozens wanted it too, so he sold quite some sets (I bought it too)... Of course, it was nothing like this, selling openly on ebay and risking to have some problems with Panini.

Joel9

Hah, full of sarcasm! I like it :)

Well, Costa is right too, but it's not his last name and you have to say "da Costa" (just like the moroccan player, who actually played for Portugal youth teams)... It's like instead of Tite, they wrote "Adenor Bacchi"... It's not wrong, but it's not how he's known.

I wouldn't buy anyway, clearly whoever did this doesn't have the knowledge required, but it's still a nice idea to me.

Well, I'm okay with these unofficial stuff, as long it's well done... After Euro 2016, a portuguese guy decided to to a spare set for Portugal champions with our best moments, mini-album and stickers printed in some print shop... He shared the idea and dozens wanted it too, so he sold quite some sets (I bought it too)... Of course, it was nothing like this, selling openly on ebay and risking to have some problems with Panini.
Can you put some photos of that here? Or have you made a video about? Would love to see it

D8ct9r

A more serious opinion without sarcastic blue this time.

I don’t know why there would be any problems with unofficial stickers, other that somebody might sue you for using his picture and making money of it or using the design from Panini, logo from FIFA, etc. As long as there is pointed out that something is unofficial (and here it says with all caps) I don’t see a problem. Some people like to collect that kind of stuff too.

In my opinion this is hardly any different as selling a French White Album for 30 EUR, or Mexican Coca Cola Album for 20 EUR, or Danish McDonald’s album for 40 EUR or Gold Coca Cola Album for 80 EUR, etc. Or even on the Panini level that said that Collector’s Box is limited, people buy it for close to 300 EUR, just to be reprinted again. Such high prices shouldn't exist for something that actually costs around 5 EUR but today people will do anything to make money and a lot of people will buy anything at wahtever prices that’s the only thing that can explain why such copies exist. Just look the same seller sold more of these unofficial stickers than Official Mexican update sets at a similar price point (with official update having more stickers).
See I didn’t know that, on TV he’s usually just called Fernando Santos, but now I see that his full name is Fernando Manuel Fernandes da Costa Santos. And Tite I didn’t even notice, I didn’t look that closely.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Can you put some photos of that here? Or have you made a video about? Would love to see it
I don't have photos or videos, also don't know where I stored mine (I'm sure it's safe, but I already don't know where I placed some stuff)... If I find it, I'll send you a photo.

See I didn’t know that, on TV he’s usually just called Fernando Santos, but now I see that his full name is Fernando Manuel Fernandes da Costa Santos. And Tite I didn’t even notice, I didn’t look that closely.
I didn't know too, but checked to see if he had Costa.

Joel9

I don't have photos or videos, also don't know where I stored mine (I'm sure it's safe, but I already don't know where I placed some stuff)... If I find it, I'll send you a photo.

I didn't know too, but checked to see if he had Costa.
Thanks my friend

redwhite

A more serious opinion without sarcastic blue this time.

I don’t know why there would be any problems with unofficial stickers, other that somebody might sue you for using his picture and making money of it or using the design from Panini, logo from FIFA, etc. As long as there is pointed out that something is unofficial (and here it says with all caps) I don’t see a problem. Some people like to collect that kind of stuff too.

In my opinion this is hardly any different as selling a French White Album for 30 EUR, or Mexican Coca Cola Album for 20 EUR, or Danish McDonald’s album for 40 EUR or Gold Coca Cola Album for 80 EUR, etc. Or even on the Panini level that said that Collector’s Box is limited, people buy it for close to 300 EUR, just to be reprinted again. Such high prices shouldn't exist for something that actually costs around 5 EUR but today people will do anything to make money and a lot of people will buy anything at wahtever prices that’s the only thing that can explain why such copies exist. Just look the same seller sold more of these unofficial stickers than Official Mexican update sets at a similar price point (with official update having more stickers).
Well my friend, I'm sorry but I absolutely don't agree with you. There is still a difference between using material and stealing. The design and pictures have copyrights, there is also something called as portrait rights. You can always use pictures and the design as long you give some credits and you don't use it for commercial use. In this case it's just a crime, nothing more nothing less. They are using pictures and stealing a design from others just for their own profit.

Please think about this fact before buying such items or approve this way of handling. It's not because sellers are making profit for other original items that this can be an excuse to make copies or other unofficial crap.

D8ct9r

Well my friend, I'm sorry but I absolutely don't agree with you.
Will not argue because there is a misunderstanding and we are on the same page… So I will just make a short reply and then finish with that..
Your question was
also don't understand why collectors buy those unofficial items. Just the same for all other sellers who's selling copies and other crap without any licence
And my answer was
people will do anything to make money and a lot of people will buy anything at wahtever prices that’s the only thing that can explain why such copies exist
And then I want on how the motivition is just the same (again making money) as with sellers who sell official stuff for crazy amounts...

And I do think about what you pointed out in the last paragraph...
other that somebody might sue you for using his picture and making money of it or using the design from Panini, logo from FIFA, etc.
But there are so many unofficial collections around today that I don't know why I would hate on some individual just because he's trying to make money if I'm quiet with colelctions without licences that are sold by larger publishers... See example here, here or here... People like you and me might only collect official stuff but other people like unofficial stuff also.

So to put it short you have unofficial collections because there's obviously large enough demand for them and because in reality you can't, even if, and we agree here, you should, ban/stop all such sellers.

Bidus

What a passionate talk :cool:

Here is my points of view, I'm not against those unofficial stickers, lets called them FanArt, somehow if they exist it's Panini fault because they did not make the job (Panini called that editorial choices). Coach stickers were in Mexico 1970 album and also in Euro 1992. Missing players : why they did not add them in the update ? (For France Nzonzi and Areola for example, England Trippier, etc..)

So for me, as long as those FanArt Stickers are sold to collectors at the produced price, I'm OK with. But again unfortunately there is always speculators make money, in that case that pissed me off. If they make money with it is just illegal, and became fake stuff instead FanArt.

I'm in the same mood with "sellers" that they multiply by 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 or 10 their purchasing costs, some of them claim that they are collectors, they Don't!, they are just speculators just looking for their own benefits, they don't have any passion, they don't share anything, they are just xxxxxxxxxx <-- (My mom will say Don't talk like that). This is very harmfull for the others collectors, because prices increase artificially and it became more and more difficult for real collectors to complete their own collections. Speculator are far away from my values of collector.

That is just my point of view.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There are times when something generate a more "heated" discussion and it's still a healthy debate :)

As for @redwhite @D8ct9r and @Bidus opinions, I basically agree with everything... All have some differences, but all also have valid points.

@redwhite As for me, I don't mind at all these unnofficial stuff, sold by whatever prices... If that seller in question has problems later, he has to face consequences... Until then, he's clearly taking advantage of a Panini flaw, profiting from both his idea/work, while also using Panini sticker design (which is understandable to make it coherent with the album)... And in the end, some people are happy to have that managers extra, while Panini will probably not care with some dozens of sales from something they are not even selling.

However, even though I try to excuse them, you are absolutely right ;)

What a passionate talk :cool:

Here is my points of view, I'm not against those unofficial stickers, lets called them FanArt, somehow if they exist it's Panini fault because they did not make the job (Panini called that editorial choices). Coach stickers were in Mexico 1970 album and also in Euro 1992. Missing players : why they did not add them in the update ? (For France Nzonzi and Areola for example, England Trippier, etc..)

So for me, as long as those FanArt Stickers are sold to collectors at the produced price, I'm OK with. But again unfortunately there is always speculators make money, in that case that pissed me off. If they make money with it is just illegal, and became fake stuff instead FanArt.

I'm in the same mood with "sellers" that they multiply by 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 or 10 their purchasing costs, some of them claim that they are collectors, they Don't!, they are just speculators just looking for their own benefits, they don't have any passion, they don't share anything, they are just xxxxxxxxxx <-- (My mom will say Don't talk like that). This is very harmfull for the others collectors, because prices increase artificially and it became more and more difficult for real collectors to complete their own collections. Speculator are far away from my values of collector.

That is just my point of view.
The 5-spot update for every team would be great, but we don't see the whole picture... I still believe there's a good chance to have all 23-players in a single album, but it would need to be planned carefully and we all know already that Panini doesn't waste much time with their best selling collections, such as this one.

You know nobody produces something to be sold at produced price. If you do something for a friend or just want to get rid of something without losing money, then it's ok, but whoever create something to be sold, it's obviously for profit.

I agree with the "passion" they don't have, as it's clear for the mistakes pointed out in those manager stickers and also the price sold... But people have bought it, so we can't blame seller for selling that high (taking aside all the other bad issues involved)... Market is all about demand/offer and that's why sometimes we have things that cost almost nothing getting hugely overpriced... I remember some World Cup examples, such as James stickers/cards in 2014 and now Mbappé in 2018, mostly their rookie stickers.

Helios

Contributor
The collection has 144 cards. Yes, not stickers, I can't imagine how to put the cards to this album. Firstly, I've seen it on @Caniggia FB page, next on Alan's Jenkins site: https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.com/2018/05/panini-denmark-ftex-bilka-salling.html
You have to know, that again like in Poland, Portugal you won't buy the packets!
4 nearly invisible slots per card. You can only use two diagonal slots cause the other slots must be used for the card on the next side.. at the pictures you can see the red backside of the card on the next page.
A very debatable system- not easy to put the cards in without bending or harming the corners. Not very stable cause cards can move.E9FA0C13-B21B-4B81-9B28-1B0726CA301A.jpegF22F4A37-87B9-4340-BA42-C815DDA6616F.jpeg

D8ct9r

Does somebody know if there was some kind of Panini Coca Cola promotion in Spain during the World Cup? Cartophilic-info-exch has a photo of a Spanish Coca Cola album… According to the information there was a special album, but no special/extra stickers…

I wasn’t able to find any more information online, but to be fair the same is true for the Swiss Coca Cola Album (how, when, where the promotion was run – I know about the Coop stores, but don’t know if they had exclusive promotion, etc.). Strange kind of promotion techniques by Coca Cola or my searching skill could be declining...
2018 Panini - Russia 2018 - Albums - Spain - Coca Cola1b.jpeg
Source: Cartophilic-info-exch

stickersCat

Patron
Does somebody know if there was some kind of Panini Coca Cola promotion in Spain during the World Cup? Cartophilic-info-exch has a photo of a Spanish Coca Cola album… According to the information there was a special album, but no special/extra stickers…

I wasn’t able to find any more information online, but to be fair the same is true for the Swiss Coca Cola Album (how, when, where the promotion was run – I know about the Coop stores, but don’t know if they had exclusive promotion, etc.). Strange kind of promotion techniques by Coca Cola or my searching skill could be declining...
View attachment 10840

I really agree with you. I going to be crazy looking for the Coca Cola album in all markets of my area (small market, big mall). NOBODY knows about this Coke promotion. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Last edited by a moderator:

Helios

Contributor

View attachment 10840
Source: Cartophilic-info-exch
Maybe Panini planned to make a deal with Coca Cola stickers for the Spanish team but it was not realised.
All other countries (Mexico/Switzerland) with Coca Cola album editions have an extra page to stick em..
I am really surprised this album exists at all and I have no information how it was advertised or distributed
I also noticed that cartophilic site does not have mc Donald’s edition albums from Germany and Russia listed.For me the best choice cause they have no staples..