• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 Russia Sticker album

Which version will you collect?

• Softcover, it's cheaper and old school!

Votes: 55 34.6%
  • Hardcover, quality above all!

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • Both, I want everything!

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • None, rubbish collection!

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
I really want to see the album next year. I hope it is great. And please Panini bring back the team photo, beacuse what we had in Euro 2016 was NOT a team photo.

PS:

Here is a fan design of sticker

Attachments

Most probably fake.
There is no way the player stickers in a World Cup album have such images, taken from games.
It seems like a "road to..." stickers collection.

Also, the cover should portray all flags of the 32 participating countries.

Well, that is a shock, Italy not qualifying.

Wonder what will happen now regards the World Cup 2018 album, will they add extra stickers in
circa 1974-1978 to include teams who didn't qualify.

Surely since Panini is an Italian company, the temptation is there to do this, as sales will surely be down in Italy.

Think the last time, they did something like this was the Champions League album of 1955-2005, where Juventus
and Ajax didn't qualify, but still the teams got added.

Translated version from klebebildchen.net/klebewand: (P.S. it´s not my own post)

Already heard?

After the Italian national team missed the qualification for the 2018 World Cup, Panini waived the production of the World Cup stickers.
The Italian sticker maker is bringing out a funeral album for the Italian national team instead. The album contains 192 stickers.

Furthermore, FIFA confirmed the following:

The manufacturer Victus secured the rights for the World Cup stickers this morning after the cancellation of Panini. There will be 604 stickers in the WM 2018 Album. Of these 188 glitter pictures. In one. Display are 50 bags and in every 2nd bag will be a glitter picture in it.
The album costs 3.95? and the embroidery bag with 5 stickers costs 0.90?

The album is scheduled for release on March 22, 2018.

Dat will be expensive next year ....

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
Translated version:

Already heard?

After the Italian national team missed the qualification for the 2018 World Cup, Panini waived the production of the World Cup stickers.
The Italian sticker maker is bringing out a funeral album for the Italian national team instead. The album contains 192 stickers.

The manufacturer Victus secured the rights for the World Cup stickers this morning after the cancellation of Panini. There will be 604 stickers in the WM 2018 Album. Of these 188 glitter pictures. In one. Display are 50 bags and in every 2nd bag will be a glitter picture in it.

:eek::( you forgot to add some smileys..:D:p

Translated version from klebebildchen.net/klebewand: (P.S. it´s not my own post)

Already heard?

Who or what is Victus ???

Suisse

Algeria , Bosnia Herzegovina , Cameroun , Chile , Ivory Coast , Ecuador , Ghana , Netherland , Italy , USA , and Honduras or Australia out .

33% of new country !!!! very rare , i think .

D8ct9r

Contributor
Panini can't be happy with Italy, their best market by far, not qualifying as sales will be hit, but I don’t think they will be hit significantly. World Cup is every 4 years and people that collect stickers will buy their packets/stickers no matter who’s in the collection.

The dream scenario for me would be for Panini to keep the print run lower than in the past, I don’t know 15 years (after 2002 World Cup), and to make a quality collection and thus try expand their markets and also make me happy as a collector – In the “dream” scenario they are designing the collection to please the collectors.

More realistically – In the "money makes the World go round" scenario – they will opt to print more, give out more free albums and just hope for the best… And in the end they will do fine, it’s the World Cup, they can’t lose.

Just please Panini don’t add “The L***r Section – Teams that didn’t quite make it, but bring us money” even though it seems like a good idea from the money making point of view :D:p

When you lose, you do not know what you win. Panini might decide adding another 8 teams that did not qualify - Italy, Holland, USA, Chile (to name the top sensations) + China, Austria (good markets) + Bosnia and Herzegovina, Wales (teams with superstars). First rehearsal for the 2026 World Cup when there will be 48 teams :p:D;)

There shouldn't be any compromise. Only World Cup participants please. I also hope for referees and photos of stadium & cities , i love the city pictures , for example the copa america 2011 ones.