Panini FIFA World Class 2024

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Considering what we discussed here in the Euro thread, it's not surprising at all... what I'm more surprised is being ONLY 8 teams, not very "World Class" and clearly something done quickly to rival Topps Euro 24

Still pinching Topps with the licensed pictures of Germany, France, England and Italy :p

levivo

8 Teams which won the world cup in history. But why world cup stickers during a euro? Because they only have the world cup licence?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
8 Teams which won the world cup in history. But why world cup stickers during a euro? Because they only have the world cup licence?
Heh, didn't realize it was the 8 world champions... but yeah, they have to do it under FIFA license so not the best choice now.

Same font like Top Class.. and just as unnecessary like Top Class.
Current players from old world cup winner teams.. damn, this is stupid
Definitely would make more sense to be something like World Cup Story but again, it's not the time for World Cup.

Around 60 stickers per team... how will they fill the album? Just for Messi it should be 50 stickers :p

LFC1892

Contributor
I think there will be 14 teams.

8 national & 6 clubs exactly like the previous world class collection released in 2022.

claudio7788

Patron
Panini is releasing the alternative product to the Topps Euro Album 2024.

FIFA World Class 2024
484 in total
8 Teams
77 "Special Sticker"
Hello everybody, I hope you're doing all well!
the german text does not say '8 teams' but 'including 77 special stickers of all 8 WC Winners', so probably there are more than 8 teams.
I saw the clip on Instagram and must say: Wow, really beautiful album and sticker design, similar to the last Top Class card collection which had a few fantastic cards!
Does the collection make sense in a Euro year? Honestly, I never ask me if a collection makes sense, I love football and I love stickers, specially stickers of national teams, so of course I will do this one. The only question I have for Panini is, 'The album cover is nice but why Messi so prominent?';-)

Iulian

I find it funny that this collection looks considerably better than the one they made for the actual World Cup 2 years ago. Maybe it will be, maybe not, but at least it looks like it. The point is they have the resources and creativity to make a solid collection for the big tournaments. They just choose to be lazy about it until they have to square up to Topps.

Detective

the german text does not say '8 teams' but 'including 77 special stickers of all 8 WC Winners', so probably there are more than 8 teams.
I saw the clip on Instagram and must say: Wow, really beautiful album and sticker design, similar to the last Top Class card collection which had a few fantastic cards!
Does the collection make sense in a Euro year? Honestly, I never ask me if a collection makes sense, I love football and I love stickers, specially stickers of national teams, so of course I will do this one. The only question I have for Panini is, 'The album cover is nice but why Messi so prominent?';-)
There are only 8 teams and this is confirmed by the 8 flags on the cover

For me it would have been better if they had put the strongest teams for each continent but I also understand that this would have been very similar to a world cup album. This album seems to me, once again, to be a showcase for the usual faces already known by everyone

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This looks incredibly good, a wide variety of stickers (it had to be anyway, with so little teams)... plenty of "older" stickers too, which I always love.
Because it's Messi and it sells well? Last opportunity to have him in a cover, so gotta squeeze the money from all aficionados ;)

But no, it does not make any sense to have a WC album during a continental year (african and asian cup already underway, CA and Euro later), but obviously Panini had to find something to counter Topps and their only way is through FIFA license.

I find it funny that this collection looks considerably better than the one they made for the actual World Cup 2 years ago. Maybe it will be, maybe not, but at least it looks like it. The point is they have the resources and creativity to make a solid collection for the big tournaments. They just choose to be lazy about it until they have to square up to Topps.
It's Competitiveness 101. Panini will never do good jobs unless they have to fight for it. I'm pretty sure 2026 album will be another poor job because it's another official exclusive. So we can bash Topps for not being so good in stickers or snatching licenses that were "forever Panini", but they are still the reason that makes Panini not sleeping in their 60-year reign.

Mishu

Thank you for the pictures, videos and article!

Well.... I don't know... personally I don't like the design of this collection, either the Top Class collection. For some reason the fonts and colors used give me the impression of something cheap and childish... plus the sticker design reminds me of Euro 2004, which by far was the worst looking collection in my opinion.

Anyway... thank you Panini for saving me some money as I do not plan to have this collection...

I am originally from Romania and now that we qualified for Euro 2024.... I have two options: Panini's collection that doesn't include Romania or Topps who's design is worst than something generated by AI. Seriously, if you look at the stickers there is so much repetition is ridiculous (flag, name, arghh)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Taken from Panini Switzerland facebook page (automatically translated):

Panini, in order to expand its product line and enrich its offer to fans, launches “World Class”, a brand new line of high-end stickers and the first release “World Class 2024”, officially licensed by FIFA, will celebrate football icons, the Game Changers.
Emphasis will be on the national teams that have won the FIFA World Cup (Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, France, Uruguay, England, Spain). The "World Class" sticker collection offers an in-depth focus on each team, blending portraits, action shots, and historical content with high-quality images and materials.
*Available as of March 1, 2024
Despite the timing and the Top Class reused brand, it still seems a decent collection and a reminder of how Panini can create better works for World Cups when they want to.