Panini Fifa Flawless

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You are right - there are some embarrassing mistakes in this product. I have seen the Kempes error. I dont know how this can happen, when the autos are "on card". He must have seen it, when he signed. There are also a Gullit auto, which is very hard to see, because he has signed on a dark background.
And the wrong shirt to the wrong picture annoys me too. But I can live it, when I see the absolutely insane patches.

Even though, I most admit, that I dont understand, why you are so negative about this product. Yes it very expensive, but the cards are out of this would. Keep in mind, that this is coming from America, which means that the idea is not to collect the whole set, but to collect a couple of cards from your favorite players. I like to collect autos from Italian players (from prism 2014, euro 2016, select, etc.) I and love that its possible to collect 1 or 2 even more beautyful cards. This have nothing to do about money or greed, but for me its a bit special to have something in my collection that players like Pirlo have signed or maybe even played in. I dont think that makes me a capitalist :) As you know, I like collecting regular base cards from sets like Fifa 365 as well. ;)
Kasper, I've explained before my reasons to criticize this product (and honestly, I'm not so negative as you think I am)... You are obviously not included in my critics, because you buy for your enjoyment, for your quest of italian autos, which is perfectly acceptable and respectful... But when collecting becomes business ONLY, I develop some "antibodies" to these collections.... Some of my criticism might be right, some might be wrong, I'm not perfect nor god and do a lot of mistakes, but it's my opinion and it's worth what it's worth... Personally, I think these collections will serve only to inflate some egos and fill some pockets (see the capitalism here?), which doesn't mean I can't enjoy the cards, which are usually stunning... I wrote an article about last Futera collection and so much enjoyed doing it... I loved many of their ideas, concept art, even their help (Panini and Topps should learn from it), just didn't love the price :p But here, all started when I saw studs in cards... Really, studs? Cards more thick than the Great Wall of China? It's like you need to be so different that you have to resort to dumb ideas... Then of course, the expensive prices and the "call" for business.

Then I see we get these rookie mistakes from the most known stickers/cards brand around the world... Anyone should be upset, even if it's just affect a fraction of it... Being a guy who usually can't stand injustices (and Pavle knows it better than most people who know me), it's in my DNA to point out mistakes and not being "light" about it... Again, Panini is no rookie, dealing with products costing thousands of dollars, so these mistakes should NEVER happen... Maybe one or two, fine... But not a lot of them! If I do my job wrong, do you think the company will pay for that?

And so everyone know, I loved many cards I saw till now... I'm not an auto fan, don't care about them, but I love seeing cards with good jersey pieces... That one Lee West got from Ronaldo is stunning, so as others I saw (mostly from some japanese dude who opened a lot)... Is it worth the price paid? Not for me, but if others think so, I'm completely fine.

LFC1892

Contributor
Seems there's a bunch of errors in this "flawless" collection... Most notorious I saw was a Kempes autograph card with some other argentinian player... Then there's jersey pieces twice in a card, when it should be jersey and shorts, then a CR7 card with Madrid jersey and a picture with him in Portugal shirt... Probably more it didn't come to my attention.

But hey, it's flawless! Love when the publishers go full arrogant and claim something to be perfect... Then this happens.
I saw the Ronaldo error card and the Kempes. Totally embarrassing and unprofessional by Panini.
Cards as it is not worth it so imagine mistakes like that. This product smacks of Panini taking the collectors to a new depth of desperation all in the name of "hobby". While people clamper all over them, Panini is laughing all the way to the bank.
Would not surprise me one bit if some of the ones that have rubies or diamonds start falling off in time because the glue is wearing off. Oh how I will laugh at all these people who paid 3k for FAT FRANK card!!!

Bahnsen

@dantzig

For Panini every set is business only :). I dont have a problem with Panini for producing a high-end product. Compared with other sport (especially in USA) soccer needed this. The demand for high-end cards are out there - like it or not:).
My biggest issue concerning the price is the way some distributors handle this. At Panini, Flawless has been sold out even before release-date. but some distributors only release a small amount of cases right away, just waiting for the demand to get high and waiting to sell the rest at a way higher price. This happened with Select and has now also happened with Flawless. This is a problem.

Regarding the errors:
1)
PaniniAmerica is pretty new to soccer, and therefore mistakes might happen. Although it of course should not at this price.
2)
I have seen the Kempes error, but is it a confirmed error or just a myth?
3)
I have not seen the Ronaldo-error. Got a link?
4)
The wrong patch-wrong shirt errors are probably not actual errors but decisions made by Panini. This has probably something to do about rights and availability of jersies . E.g. Topps has exclusive right to Premier League therefore Panini cant put these pictures on their cards.
We may hate Paninis choices regarding this, but its not errors.

The box-prices are insane, and so are the prices if you want to participate in a box-break (about $200 per card). But for the people just looking to get a card or two (and dont care about the gamble to hit big), the prices are better on the secondary market like ebay. If you like beautiful patches, they can be bought at affordable prices. This may not be "the hobby" in our eyes. We like to buy packs and oppening these. But this is a big part of the hobby in US.

@LFC1892
Yes Panini is laughing all the way to the bank. But so are they doing with every other product. I dont know why this is any worse than the rest? This product is very expensive, but the work and cost for Panini to produce this are also insane compared to the massproduced stickers or euro-tradingcards. As I wrote, it is probably the distributors who are the bad guys here.

By the way, the gem-cards are encased, so the gems are probably not falling off. Futhermore the gem-cards seem to be the least wanted cards in the draft-breaks and these will probably sell pretty cheap on ebay soon.

maestro

The wrong patch-wrong shirt errors are probably not actual errors but decisions made by Panini. This has probably something to do about rights and availability of jersies . E.g. Topps has exclusive right to Premier League therefore Panini cant put these pictures on their cards.
We may hate Paninis choices regarding this, but its not errors.
Yes, this is probably due to rights. Futera is doing the same thing. Cards can have national team jersey and the memorabilia piece is from club team.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Bahnsen

Kempes error card is confirmed, the player in the card is Bertoni:

Can't find now Ronaldo "error", though it's like everyone's been saying, it was a decision from Panini to avoid licensing problems.

And about patches in wrong places:

Two jersey pieces, instead of one from jersey and one from shorts.
@dantzig

This may not be "the hobby" in our eyes. We like to buy packs and oppening these. But this is a big part of the hobby in US.
Certainly not my eyes... And my eyes "tell" this is an(other) american capitalist hobby.

Bahnsen

@Bahnsen

Kempes error card is confirmed, the player in the card is Bertoni:

Can't find now Ronaldo "error", though it's like everyone's been saying, it was a decision from Panini to avoid licensing problems.

And about patches in wrong places:

Two jersey pieces, instead of one from jersey and one from shorts.

Certainly not my eyes... And my eyes "tell" this is an(other) american capitalist hobby.
Ok. I dont know Bertoni. Its just very strange, that Kempes actually sign a card with another player on.

Anyway the Montero is not the error you write. Its the decision from Panini, which I mentioned in another post. The patches are from his Sporting kit (which you of all people should recognize ;)) and therefore "ok".

Hobby or "american capitalist hobby". We cant really blame Panini to go into that market, when there are big money to be made. Rumours (as I have heard) is that, Panini may be in financial crizes. So maybe we should all be glad, if they make a ton of money on this. :)

Attachments

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok. I dont know Bertoni. Its just very strange, that Kempes actually sign a card with another player on.

Anyway the Montero is not the error you write. Its the decision from Panini, which I mentioned in another post. The patches are from his Sporting kit (which you of all people should recognize ;)) and therefore "ok".

Hobby or "american capitalist hobby". We cant really blame Panini to go into that market, when there are big money to be made. Rumours (as I have heard) is that, Panini may be in financial crizes. So maybe we should all be glad, if they make a ton of money on this. :)
I also didn't know Bertoni, but seeing pictures, it's definitely him... Of course it's strange for Kempes not seeing the error, unless it wasn't Kempes at all who signed it :rolleyes:

You might be right about the patches, but it surely brings confusion... Again, the picture with international equipment, but using patches from club equipment makes it completely confusing... And also ugly in my opinion, Montero card points out to blue shorts, not a green and yellow shorts... These licensing issues just makes these products not according to what's been advertised.

LFC1892

Contributor
@Bahnsen enjoy collecting.

I don't like it and there's nothing you will say that's gonna change my mind.
As the saying goes "opinions like assholes, everybody got one"

Bahnsen

I also didn't know Bertoni, but seeing pictures, it's definitely him... Of course it's strange for Kempes not seeing the error, unless it wasn't Kempes at all who signed it :rolleyes:

You might be right about the patches, but it surely brings confusion... Again, the picture with international equipment, but using patches from club equipment makes it completely confusing... And also ugly in my opinion, Montero card points out to blue shorts, not a green and yellow shorts... These licensing issues just makes these products not according to what's been advertised.
I agree 100% on the patches. Hopefully they will fix this, if they make the set again next year.
Regarding Kempes I dont know. It an interesting theory you got. Anyway, I checked my Kempes Select-auto, and it seems to be the same. Either someone else signed both the products, or Kempes didnt notice the mistake or didnt care.

@Bahnsen enjoy collecting.

I don't like it and there's nothing you will say that's gonna change my mind.
As the saying goes "opinions like assholes, everybody got one"
I am not trying to. I was just trying to understand, why you guys dislike this product. But I respect your opinion.
Unfortunately I dont have enough money to collect this :)

Last edited by a moderator: